Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Burnley will show up, they always do. Trouble is they can't score goals for shit right now. If they do pull it out of the bag, Sunderland lose and we win you have to think we are basically there.

Another big weekend awaits!

If one result is enough for Newcastle to survive as people are saying, it's enough for us as we have the same number of points. Regardless, 4 points should seal the deal and I have the confidence we will wrap it up after the Southampton game.

Arsenal will want 2nd spot in order to avoid champs league qualification rounds.

They'll be well up for the rest of the season (but hopefully choke on may 30th

Burnley: 99.8%

QPR: 99.1% v

Sunderland: 50.7% ^

Leicester: 17.2% ^

Hull: 14.0% v

Newcastle: 9.9% v

Villa: 9.3% ^

Burnley: 95.6% v

QPR: 90.6%

Sunderland: 64.7%

Villa: 24.1%

Leicester: 22.4% v

Hull: 1.8% ^^

Newcastle: 0.8%

• Like 4

Arsenal will want 2nd spot in order to avoid champs league qualification rounds.

They'll be well up for the rest of the season (but hopefully choke on may 30th )

CL-wise, there's no difference between 3rd and 2nd now (unless an English club wins the CL).

I may be wrong but I have a feeling we lost one of the automatic qualification spots due to not doing well in the CL over the last few years so 3 and 4 both have to qualify.

They'll be well up for the rest of the season (but hopefully choke on may 30th )

CL-wise, there's no difference between 3rd and 2nd now (unless an English club wins the CL).

I may be wrong but I have a feeling we lost one of the automatic qualification spots due to not doing well in the CL over the last few years so 3 and 4 both have to qualify.

Yep I think so, but at different stages, 3rd play the last round, 4th have to play 2 I think. We need to start getting teams into the semi final and final regularly again for that to change...

On the relegation though, I think 4 points will definitely be enough now, maybe just a win will do, be good to get that on Saturday and if other results go our way then things should be looking a lot better...

Unfortunately I share the opinion that Newcastle have got an easy set of points coming against WBA.

Also had a horrible theory about Arsenal........

If we aren't safe by the time they play mid week against Sunderland can anyone see them resting their players ahead of the Cup Final and also not putting in 100% in attempt to get us relegated ahead of that game?

:detect:

Edited by sexbelowsound

Sunderland need to lose their game in hand. I'd say it's a definite thing, but these last few weeks have been freaky with Hull, Leicester and Sunderland pulling off wins I never thought they would.

It's close, but if we can get a win against Spam or Southampton before we play Burnley I'd say we're safe. At the end of the day we can't rely on other results going our way. We're safe at the moment and to keep it that way we need to win. If we play like we have done the past few games then that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

Its in our own hands therefore just keep on picking up points in each game and we will be ok. 3 Saturday,1 v Southampton,3 Burnley.Even if we lose at Southampton cant see us slipping up against the other 2.

• Like 1

Thats the thing,  Leicester,  Hull and Blunderland have all picked up unexpected points,  yet we are still clear.  I bet they'd swap their position for ours.  Then throw in the mix Barcodes basically imploding and you'd like to think we are the least likely to get relegated of the 5 who could join Burnley and QPR

Yep I think so, but at different stages, 3rd play the last round, 4th have to play 2 I think. We need to start getting teams into the semi final and final regularly again for that to change...

On the relegation though, I think 4 points will definitely be enough now, maybe just a win will do, be good to get that on Saturday and if other results go our way then things should be looking a lot better...

yeah I thinks that's right, the 3rd place team eneter the final qualifying round the 4th place team enter the round vefore so have 2x qualifiers

Unfortunately I share the opinion that Newcastle have got an easy set of points coming against WBA.

Also had a horrible theory about Arsenal........

If we aren't safe by the time they play mid week against Sunderland can anyone see them resting their players ahead of the Cup Final and also not putting in 100% in attempt to get us relegated ahead of that game?

:detect:

To the first question about resting players, yes. To the second question, not in a million years. Edited by One For The Road

Yeah, Arsenal are going for 2nd place. They will likely need to win all their games to do that. 

Plus, it is preposterous to think they give a shit about the relegation battle. Even if the thought that it might "weaken" us come the final crossed their mind surely it would actually have the opposite effect? 

Besides, we will be safe by then anyway. 

• Like 2

yeah I thinks that's right, the 3rd place team eneter the final qualifying round the 4th place team enter the round vefore so have 2x qualifiers

Not sure how this got into the relegation thread but I would be totally amazed if leviramsey was wrong about the rules for CL qualification. It would be the first time ever in history, I think!  :)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I've gone past the point of worrying about what other teams might or might not do.

Provided we continue performing as we have and the big man keeps finding the net the other 4/5 teams could win all their remaining games and still not finish above us.

In a backward kinda way I'm hoping Newcastle do beat WBA on the weekend as I'd love to finish above them smug barstewards.