Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

For me personally, there are four Villa players that stand out in terms of our resurgence - Benteke, Grealish, Delph and Bacuna. When I think of how well they're performing it makes me think of a quote someone once said on this site a few years back - funky awesome!

Cleverly as well surely? 

Considering how well we are playing ad picking up points, we're still not safe (I think we'll be fine though). It just makes me realise that if the managerial change hadn't have been made, I think we could have been down by now already! 

• Like 3

I hate the fact that, even though we've done well the next 3 weeks are basically just play offs where if we don't do as well as the others around us we're down. Although I know we're playing well we could have a bad day next week and be cut three points adrift making things very difficult at the end of the season. If we were just a couple more points ahead teams would have to do some work asap to catch us and then only have a week left to get above us, but now it's just a straight play off and I'm terrified there's a sting in the tail coming!!

If Chelsea win the title today, I can see both them and Arsenal taking it a little easier against Sunderland.

would Arsenal wanna take it easy and risk automatic entry into the champions league?finishing 2nd in the league and runners up in the fa cup final is a better end to the season than the 2 mancs spurs n plop

also Chelski bein presented the title end of game theyll wanna do it in style surely?

Edited by Villan81

We've beaten Spurs and Everton. Two games I'd earmarked zero points for. Yet we're still not safe because Leicester decided to win 5 in 6. Frustrating.

If Chelsea win the title today, I can see both them and Arsenal taking it a little easier against Sunderland.

would Arsenal wanna take it easy and risk automatic entry into the champions league?finishing 2nd in the league and runners up in the fa cup final is a better end to the season than the 2 mancs spurs n plop

also Chelski bein presented the title end of game theyll wanna do it in style surely?

If Chelsea win today I can see them playing with the handbrake off and giving Sunderland a right beating :)

I hate the fact that, even though we've done well the next 3 weeks are basically just play offs where if we don't do as well as the others around us we're down. Although I know we're playing well we could have a bad day next week and be cut three points adrift making things very difficult at the end of the season. If we were just a couple more points ahead teams would have to do some work asap to catch us and then only have a week left to get above us, but now it's just a straight play off and I'm terrified there's a sting in the tail coming!!

This is how I see it.

Remaining Fixtures

Villa: West Ham (h) -- Win/Draw

Southampton (a) -- Draw/Loss

Burnley (h) -- Win

Verdict: Realistically could beat West Ham who are out of form and Burnley who can't score goals. Always the potential to beat or draw with Southampton but if I were a betting man I'd say they'd beat us. I'd say barring miracles from Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle, we should be safe even if we didn't pick up a win in our remaining games.

Newcastle: West Brom (h) -- Draw/Loss

QPR (a) -- Win/Draw

West Ham (h) -- Loss

Verdict: Could potentially win all three, but with their current form and the problems with the management they may well lose all three too. They're definitely in trouble. Even if they got rid of Carver, who would they get in at this stage of the season to give them a new manager bounce? I think they'll stay up though via other teams like Hull or Sunderland not performing in their remaining fixtures.

Hull: Arsenal (h) -- Loss

Burnley (h) -- Win

Spurs (a) -- Draw/Loss

Man Utd (h) -- Loss

Verdict: You'd have to say Burnley are the only team they could realistically pick up three points against. Obviously you never know, but that is one tough run in. Could well take the third relegation spot if Sunderland get lucky.

Leicester - Southampton (a) -- Draw/Loss

Sunderland (a) -- Win

QPR (h) -- Win

Verdict: Safe for me, could well finish above us too. Probably not worth worrying about. The fact they play Sunderland (and QPR but I think we all agree they're pretty much gone) helps us out too.

Sunderland: Everton (a) - Loss

Leicester (h) -- Loss

Arsenal (a) -- Loss

Chelsea (a) -- Loss

Verdict: Probably my first choice for being the team to take the third relegation spot. They got a lucky win with two penalties yesterday but that run-in is ridiculously hard. I can't see them picking up another win.

QPR: Man City (a) -- Loss 

Newcastle (h) -- Win/Draw

Leicester (a) -- Loss

Verdict: Too much for them to do. Unless they beat Man City next week they can't catch us.

Burnley: Hull (a) -- Loss

Stoke (h) -- Draw/Loss

Villa (a) -- Loss (of course)

Verdict: Down. They'd have to win all three games just to catch up to us on our current 35 points.

It'd take monumental efforts from every team below us, particularly Sunderland and Hull, to finish above us with the remaining games, and it'd also require us to not pick up any points. Obviously we're not mathematically safe yet, but it would take Murphy's Law to take us down, in my opinion.   

Edited by Ginko

Remaining Fixtures:

Villa - West Ham (h)

Southampton (a), Burnley (h) -- Realistically could beat West Ham who are out of form and Burnley who can't score goals. Always the potential to beat or draw with Southampton but if I were a betting man I'd say they'd beat us.

Newcastle - West Brom (h), QPR (a), West Ham (h) -- Could potentially win all three, but with their current form and the problems with the management they may well lose all three too. They're definitely in trouble. Even if they got rid of Carver, who would they get in at this stage of the season to give them a new manager bounce?

Hull: Arsenal (h) -- Loss

Burnley (h) -- Win

Spurs (a) -- Draw/Loss

Man Utd (h) -- Loss

Verdict: You'd have to say Burnley are the only team they could realistically pick up three points against. Obviously you never know, but that is one tough run in.

Leicester - Southampton (a)

Sunderland (a)

Hull have had two great wins on the bounce, Spurs are on the  beach and United aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.

Sunderland or Hull to go down as the third team. I do think it will go to the last game though

The way we are playing, we could win all three.

Only stupid errors or bad refereeing decisions will prevent that.

Or injuries/suspensions to key players

Considering how well we are playing ad picking up points, we're still not safe (I think we'll be fine though). It just makes me realise that if the managerial change hadn't have been made, I think we could have been down by now already! 

No doubt in my mind - we would be have been bottom for several weeks by this stage.

Here's a scenario - safety by next weekend. We beat West Ham and Leicester and Sunderland lose to Southampton and Everton. We'd have 38 points, Leicester 34, S'land 33. Their next game is against each other. If Sunderland win, then Leicester cannot get to 38. If Leicester win then Sunderland need to win both away games at Arsenal and Chelsea. Safety next Saturday would be complete and utter joy.

Not bothered about other teams results anymore to be honest. I know it's tight but I don't think we will lose another game this season.

On a side note, any chance we can dig out the "Sob On The Tyne" and "Ant n Dec" banners in case Newcastle drop on the final day. Now that would REALLY *** them off! ;)