Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I can see us winning our last 3 games the way we are playing. 

West Ham are out of form with a manager who is leaving too. Southampton are not on form and don't have all of their players available. Burnley could be down when we meet them. 

• Like 3

Had Leicester not gone renegade and won all those games we'd be safe now

As a team going to an FA cup final we want to be going into it having just won all our last 3 games  rather than limping over the line and staying up because Newcastle or Sunderland were so poor , current form suggest we are capable of beating West Ham , Saints and Burnley  , but I'll rest a lot easier when I know we are mathematically safe 

Probably a good thing we aren't safe as odd as it sounds.

Naturally players will slow down if there is nothing to play for (i.e safety assured last week) which probably wouldn't do us any favours going in to the cup final if i'm honest even if it weeks away.

• Like 3

Probably a good thing we aren't safe as odd as it sounds.

Naturally players will slow down if there is nothing to play for (i.e safety assured last week) which probably wouldn't do us any favours going in to the cup final if i'm honest even if it weeks away.

Agree with this.

It's weird to think but it's definitely going to keep the players up for every game.

Anyone think Villa to win their next 4 matches be worth a tenner? I can't get odds on the Burley game yet so I might do 2 bets one without the Burnely game and one with. I'd imagine we'd be about 4/7 at home to Burnley on the back of 3 straight wins, so you're talking at current odds, 19/20 vs West Ham, 5/1 vs Southampton, 4/7 (rough assumption) vs Burnley, 5/1 vs Arsenal (normal time). For a nice 109.31/1

I've been steady in predicting somewhere between 17th and 19th and that's what I continue to expect. 

Also, shouldn't this thread be v5.0? We were sat in the bottom three most of the Houllier year too. We're going to go down sooner or later, it really is just a matter of time. After Vlaar, Delph and Benteke leave we're going to be in real trouble, but it could still happen this season anyway.

I guess the 3 best players missing in any club would leave a hole.

• Like 1

Arsenal will want 2nd spot in order to avoid champs league qualification rounds.

They'll be well up for the rest of the season (but hopefully choke on may 30th )

CL-wise, there's no difference between 3rd and 2nd now (unless an English club wins the CL).

I may be wrong but I have a feeling we lost one of the automatic qualification spots due to not doing well in the CL over the last few years so 3 and 4 both have to qualify.

Yep I think so, but at different stages, 3rd play the last round, 4th have to play 2 I think. We need to start getting teams into the semi final and final regularly again for that to change...

Nope. Top 3 countries (which for this upcoming edition of the CL are Spain, England, Germany) have the following access list

Champions, 2nd, 3rd => group stage

4th => playoff round (effectively 4th qualifying round)

CL regulations for 2015-16 (see page 73)

As it stands, England only fall out of the top 3 in the coefficient for the season ending 2017 (which would affect the 2018-19 competitions, just in time for when we finish 4th).

I've been steady in predicting somewhere between 17th and 19th and that's what I continue to expect. 

Also, shouldn't this thread be v5.0? We were sat in the bottom three most of the Houllier year too. We're going to go down sooner or later, it really is just a matter of time. After Vlaar, Delph and Benteke leave we're going to be in real trouble, but it could still happen this season anyway.

I guess the 3 best players missing in any club would leave a hole.

So that post hasn't really stood the test of time, huh. 

So Newcastle have one defender available, their ineffective captain. They will be playing midfielders at the back - against the baggies who like a set piece. It will be at least  2 goals to WBA. Sunderland go away to Everton who will want to prove a point after losing to us. Leicester must play Saints at their place - that one I cannot call. We beat West Ham and it's practically over - almost definitely over if Leicester lose too.

So Newcastle have one defender available, their ineffective captain. They will be playing midfielders at the back - against the baggies who like a set piece. It will be at least  2 goals to WBA. Sunderland go away to Everton who will want to prove a point after losing to us. Leicester must play Saints at their place - that one I cannot call. We beat West Ham and it's practically over - almost definitely over if Leicester lose too.

Not anymore, allegedly.

Not anymore, allegedly.

He's still their Captain, he issued a statement yesterday to the fans to pull together.

Newcastle have had a 'talk' and they've all decided to pull together for the last 3 games. Ain't gonna work, they do not have a leader anywhere, and if West Brom score they will fall apart, at St James and it will be ugly. Tempted to watch a stream of that game instead of Villa!

A draw against Soton and beat the rest.

I have a horrible feeling about the FA cup too, but I think that's because I want us to win it soooooo badly.

Nothing to do with the fact that over the 2 games in the league this season we have lost to Arsenal 8-0.

I have a horrible feeling about the FA cup too, but I think that's because I want us to win it soooooo badly.

Nothing to do with the fact that over the 2 games in the league this season we have lost to Arsenal 8-0.

No because it's a one off game.

The league matches tend to go along and are always related to form or something. 

Plus we have a new manager, so I think he'll want to do over his old clubs' rivals. 

No because it's a one off game.

The league matches tend to go along and are always related to form or something.

Plus we have a new manager, so I think he'll want to do over his old clubs' rivals.

So do you think we'll win or los the cup final? You say you have a horrible feeling but then your post reads like you think we'll win :-) Edited by myb