Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Newcastle have 1 win in 10, unless West Brom defence actually let them walk it in I cant see them even scoring a goal in next few games

that Riviere is garbage

I don't think that'll be far from what will happen.

Our last three games are very winnable and we'll win next against West Ham that should see us safe. I'd say either Newcastle, Hull or Sunderland will be third relegated team.

Newcastle have 1 win in 10, unless West Brom defence actually let them walk it in I cant see them even scoring a goal in next few games

that Riviere is garbage

I don't think that'll be far from what will happen.

but its Newcastle, this will be Carver on the sideline next week

I need a mathematician! I'd like to know the magic number for survival considering fixtures. I THINK it's 40pts.

Burnley can get a maximum of 35pts but Hull could only then reach 40pts.

QPR can get max of 36pts but then Newcastle could only get 41pts, and Leicester 40pts.

Sunderland's max is 45pts but Leicester then limited to 40 again.

Leicester's max is 43pts but this limits Sunderland to 42pts and QPR to 33pts.

Hull's max is 46pts, this limits Burnley to 33pts.

Newcastle's max is 44pts but this limits QPR to 33pts.

Therefore assuming worst case scenario and every opposition team wins games we don't want them to, Burney go down (gifting Hull 3pts) QPR go down (giving NFC and LCFC 3pts) leaving it between Leicester and Sunderland for highest possible total of 42pts for Sunderland (assuming Leicester win) or 40pts for Leicester (assuming Sunderland win).

So although highly unlikely that every team will win every game, the magic number still looks like being 40 for mathematical safety. A draw in the Sunderland/Leicester game intrestingly makes the magic number slightly higher I believe at 41!

But I am no mathematician so someone please check my workings!

If QPR lose against Man City they're relegated. Surely Newcastle will pick points up against them a week later.

Who knows. As awful as QPR they do have a few tricky players and with the pressure off, might find things a bit easier.

It's insane how suddenly so many of the bottom teams have found form. Leicester, Hull, and even Sunderland have pulled points out of matches they were surely meant to lose. I thought If we had won 2 of our last 5 matches, we would have been fine, but it seems we need at least one more win before we can call it secure.

Southampton has been really poor lately being a big cause why some bottom teams have gotten points. West Brom also manage to lose to the piss poor teams, then with the big matches that they have no right being in. 

Newcastle won't go down atall in my opinion. Their crowd will all back then to the hilt in their home games and see them crawl over the line.

Have you seen a newcastle crowd recently. They protested just 2 weeks ago vs Spurs

If Hull lose Monday, all four of Newcastle, Hull, Leicester and Sunderland will have gain more points than us over the final 3 matches (4 for Sunderland)

I do not see that happening. I could see us nabbing 7 more points before this is through and finishing comfortably clear.

On a related note, Sunderland close with Arsenal and Chelsea on a victory lap. They could be gone after the Leicester match.

Newcastle won't go down atall in my opinion. Their crowd will all back then to the hilt in their home games and see them crawl over the line.

I think a lot of them will be boycotting mate