Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Yeah I'm interested to see the build up to the penalty again. Too me there were so many occasions in Lukaku's mazy run when we could've simply cleared the ball as it was hardly glued to him...Okore had a go and even when it go to the box we must've had 3 around Naismith so I just thought one would put their foot through it.

That's the thing...in general play as a unit I actually think we're defending well, closing down space and heading it away, it's just lazy individual errors that are costing us on occasions.

However you want to dress it up - its still poor defending.

Yes it is.

Good job the best forward in the premier league plays for us these days.

I whacked a fiver on Sunderland to win today so pretty much 20 quid in my pocket now.

They'll have to win at least another game to finish above us, two if we beat West Ham or Burnley so they're going to be excellent odds in 3 of those away to Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I whacked a fiver on Sunderland to win today so pretty much 20 quid in my pocket now.

They'll have to win at least another game to finish above us, two if we beat West Ham or Burnley so they're going to be excellent odds in 3 of those away to Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Sunderlands last 3 goals - last weeks goal was gifted to them - and today 2 penalties - Hopefully Everton will beat them next week.

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1

Shame about Sunderland winning. We'll beat West Ham next week, get a draw against Southampton and beat an already relegated Burnley on the last day. Hopefully Arsenal beat Hull on Monday

Sunderlands last 3 goals - last weeks goal was gifted to them - and today 2 penalties - Hopefully Everton will beat them next week.

Sunderland play at 12.45pm so we'll know their result at kick off. Hopefully Everton can be bothered to beat them as their form is excellent at Goodison recently and us beating West Ham and I'd suggest the job would be as good as done. It's that close now.

Just stuck another £10 on us to go down at 12/1. I really don't think we will go down but it's good to have that insurance. Don't think even half a grand (which is what I'd win overall) would soften the blow but I'm confident we can make it now.

Was going to say that Sunderland aren't going to get two penalties every game. Quite honestly, the way we're playing at the moment, I'm not concerned.

Burnley & QPR are gone now, so it's one from 5 now. Got a sneaky feeling that it will be Hull that go.

It's pointless predicting results now as the top of the table is pretty much sorted. Games v the top 4 that ordinarily look like easy wins for them all of a sudden look a bit easier.

Today I became confident of staying up. Why? Because Newcastle got well n truly dragged into it and will go down with 35 points imo.

Nah - they've got dead easy fixtures - think they will win one of them.

Today I became confident of staying up. Why? Because Newcastle got well n truly dragged into it and will go down with 35 points imo.

I can't see us doing worse than Newcastle. They are an absolute shambles. We are playing so well that we will pick up plenty of points.

So so happy with that performance and result. 

I honestly thought Everton would come and put us to the sword today. Even though we're playing well I thought their form would out-gun us. Marvellous stuff. 

It's actually a bit gutting that as we pull off huge results like that all the teams around us are picking up points. 

I assume QPR and Burnley, although they have both fought gallantly, will just run out of matches to save themselves now. Arsenal could do us an enormous favour on Monday but I still think it could end up nervy for us after next week. Sunderland will look at Everton as the mid-table also rans waiting for the summer break. (I really hope Everton find some bite again after today's near no-show.) Hull will hope to use home advantage on Burnley to put them down and get themselves into a good position again. And both Leicester and Newcastle will fancy their chances with home games against the now comfortable Southampton and West Brom that they will look at as must-wins.

Of course all of them could have a nightmare and it could be the ideal Saturday for us, but I think beating West Ham will actually be an absolute necessity amongst the other results of the day.  

Newcastle have 1 win in 10, unless West Brom defence actually let them walk it in I cant see them even scoring a goal in next few games

that Riviere is garbage

They are in utter turmoil. Manager saying players are getting sent off on purpose. Cant see that motivating them. 8 losses on the bounce. I am a big believer in law of averages but I am not sure with them. Only scored 3 in those 8 games as well.

I think it's pretty clear that fixtures mean **** all atm.

Newcastle have 1 win in 10, unless West Brom defence actually let them walk it in I cant see them even scoring a goal in next few games

that Riviere is garbage

Cisse is back after his suspension for the WBA game.