Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

West Brom to now roll over to any team still in the mix with Villa lol? I would normally fancy a well drilled Tony Pulis side to go and take advantage of Newcastle but I bet there is just a little bit of them that wouldn't be bothered to lose.

• Like 2

For me personally, there are four Villa players that stand out in terms of our resurgence - Benteke, Grealish, Delph and Bacuna. When I think of how well they're performing it makes me think of a quote someone once said on this site a few years back - funky awesome!

Can someone (with more time and talent at their disposal - an arts student maybe?) please make a compilation of their performances to the soundtrack of Uptown Funk. I think that would be funky awesome!!

I think West Brom will get something at Newcastle simply to keep the distance between themselves and a relegation rival.

I think that Leicester and Sunderland will go to the last day on 37 points. I think Hull will have 38 points and Newcastle will be on 39 points. I think we will be around 38-39 points.

If the above happens, we will need to beat Burnley to guarantee survival. I would hate for that scenario to happen. Nothing is guaranteed on the last day, just look what happened at Derby and Watford yesterday! You would expect Sunderland to be the team to go down because of their away fixture at Chelsea but can anyone really trust the already crowned Champions to play at a level high enough to beat Sunderland, who will be fighting and giving their all?

There is one scenario that came to mind. Hull beat Man United to give Bruce his first win over them as a manager. Leicester win. Sunderland win at Chelsea. Villa win and, West Ham win at Newcastle to give Big Sam a parting victory and revenge over Newcastle for sacking him a few years back. That would send them down too!

Edited by villarocker

We've gone from a team under Lambert who deserved to go down, to a team deserving to stay up under Sherwood.

Still very much in the relegation fight thanks to Lerner not acting soon enough to sack Lambert

• Like 2

On current form there's no way we deserve to go down because we're not only winning but we're also playing football the right way. But, the season lasts 38 games and for the majority of them we had a manager who was boring and who lacked a style of football.

It's arguable that a lot of clubs in the Premier League would like to see us go down as on current form we would pose a real threat to most of the league next season. Us fans need to hope the guys can maintain this form and stay up because next season looks to be the most exciting since Lerner's first season in charge.

West Brom to now roll over to any team still in the mix with Villa lol? I would normally fancy a well drilled Tony Pulis side to go and take advantage of Newcastle but I bet there is just a little bit of them that wouldn't be bothered to lose.

They lost back to back just a few weeks ago at home to QPR and Leicester.

Different manager but two years ago under Steve Clarke when they finished 8th they lost 3-2 at home to Wigan and then 4-0 at Norwich who hadn't won for about 10 games. The following week they then drew 5-5 with Man. United in Fergie's last game.

I'm putting nothing past that lost. Pulis dosen't have a great record at St James either.

Newcastle have a defensive crisis. With Williamson and Janmaat both suspended, and S Taylor and Haidara injured. This leaves them with 3 fit defenders!! Dummet, Colo and R Taylor.

Edited by Arj Guy

Pulis will still play with 8 centre backs though.

Of course! With two centre backs playing as full backs and Berahino out wide.

Also Craig Gardner on the wing :)

Edited by Arj Guy

I suspect it will go to the last game - but who better to be playing than already relegated bottom of the league Burnley.

My only concern is if either Benteke or Vlaar get injured suspended.

• Like 1

We have Gabby back now remember if benteke getsinjured. I had got a bit annoyed with him lately but he's been back to his best since sherwood arrived. No reason why he can't play on the shoulder and let Grealish, delph and bacuna feed him is a similar way to Benteke.

Gabby's played the loan striker well before and when he's fully fit and motivated he's a right handful. Sherwood just needs to set the team up for him?

I suspect it will go to the last game - but who better to be playing than already relegated bottom of the league Burnley.

Ive said this a few times. You don't wanna be playing a Burnley relegated or not, they will go down fighting and not want to lose there last game.

As long as we are safe both should be rested for final

As tempting as that would be, I would be inclined to allow the core players to carry on their fantastic form and take that confidence into the final. I think it would be counter productive to tinker to much with the side and potentially kill the momentum. Benteke in particular thrives on confidence and I wouldn't want him to lose the sharpness he is clearly demonstrating. Tough call though admittedly.

Ive said this a few times. You don't wanna be playing a Burnley relegated or not, they will go down fighting and not want to lose there last game.

Who would you want then ?

Hang on Burnley are playing to actually stay in the premier league now and they can't score or even draw games. I can see Dyche fielding some fring/youth players aswell just to give them experience.

No one will convince me Burnley at home on the last day will be a more difficult game than Chelsea away or Man. United at home. Benteke against Duff and Ben Mee ffs.

Hang on Burnley are playing to actually stay in the premier league now and they can't score or even draw games. I can see Dyche fielding some fring/youth players aswell just to give them experience.

No one will convince me Burnley at home on the last day will be a more difficult game than Chelsea away or Man. United at home. Benteke against Duff and Ben Mee ffs.

We have to play someone on the last day - and its going to be a premier league team - it won't be a gimmeee - but it could be lot worse than having to face Burnley.

• Like 4