Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Playing well and not getting points is a concern, but rather be playing well than badly.

Whatever happens, and I think we will scrape through, we are so much better off with Sherwood than Lambert. I reckon we would be rock bottom and nailed on relegated by now under Lambert.

Villa: Everton (h), West Ham (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h) 

WBA: Man Utd (a), Newcastle (a), Chelsea (h), Arsenal (a) 

Newcastle: Leicester (a), WBA (h), QPR (a), West Ham (h) 

Sunderland: Southampton (h), Everton (a), Leicester (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a) 

HullLiverpool (h), Arsenal (h), Burnley (h), Tottenham (a), Man Utd (h) 

QPR: Liverpool (a), Man City (a), Newcastle (h), Leicester (a) 

Burnley: West Ham (a), Hull (a), Stoke (h), Aston Villa (a) 

Leicester; Chelsea (h), Newcastle (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a), QPR (h) 

Leicester & Hull play their games in hand this week against Chelsea & Liverpool respectively 

​Sunderland don't play their game in hand (Arsenal) till the final week of the season.

I think we another 6 points to be sure pending the above games in-hand.

We're not going down.. We just made Man City, the Champions look decidedly average for large portions of the game yesterday. I don't really like the saying "we're too good to go down", but based on recent form we seriously are too good to go down. 

Looking at the fixtures we can't complain that three of the last four games are likely to be against sides with nothing to play for as I think Burnley will have dropped by the last game.

I think we will win the next two and though that won't make us mathematically safe we will go into the last two games pretty comfortable. Given the way we are playing though I wouldn't be at all surprised if we won all of our remaining games.

It was always going to be the case that we would still be in the mix at this stage. We have got the toughest games out of the way now though, still find ourselves clear of the drop and now it is time to finish the job and I am certain we will.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

We're not going down.. We just made Man City, the Champions look decidedly average for large portions of the game yesterday. I don't really like the saying "we're too good to go down", but based on recent form we seriously are too good to go down. 

The reality of it all is,

If the 3 teams below us get the draw/win they require with their games in-hand, then unfortunately its out of our own hands!

If the 3 teams below us get the draw/win they require with their games in-hand, then unfortunately its out of our own hands!

That is incorrect. We win all of our remaining games, which wouldn't surprise me in fact, then we would have 44 points. Leicester and Sunderland have to play each other and both have five games remaining. They draw that game then the most they could both get to is 44 Leicester and 43 Sunderland. If Leicester win then the most Sunderland can get is 42, if Sunderland win then the most Leicester can get is 43. It is therefore still in our own hands.

• Like 1

Even if Burnley are down by the time they play us, they are not the sort of team to just give us the game, they will still want to win, an this is worrying. Although I think (hope) we will be safe by then. Sunderland, Burnley, QPR are gone.

The bottom 2 are now gone. The remaining spot is between ourselves, Hull, Sunderland and Leicester.

We need to get more points than 1 of those sides. It sounds easy but all 4 teams are facing up to the battle.

Our run in is as good as any of the others.

The quicker we get 6 points, the better. I'm sick of this anxiety every April.

The bottom 2 are now gone. The remaining spot is between ourselves, Hull, Sunderland and Leicester.

We need to get more points than 1 of those sides. It sounds easy but all 4 teams are facing up to the battle.

Our run in is as good as any of the others.

The quicker we get 6 points, the better. I'm sick of this anxiety every April.

Hull have a horrible run in now

1. To go down we'd (almost certainly) need all three of Hull, Sunderland, and Leicester to over-take us.

2. Sunderland have to play Arsenal and Chelsea.

3. Hull have yet to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and Man Utd.

4. Sunderland and Leicester have to play each other. Obviously only one of them can get three points from that match.

We'll be fine.

• Like 1

1. To go down we'd (almost certainly) need all three of Hull, Sunderland, and Leicester to over-take us.

2. Sunderland have to play Arsenal and Chelsea.

3. Hull have yet to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and Man Utd.

4. Sunderland and Leicester have to play each other. Obviously only one of them can get three points from that match.

We'll be fine.

And we would pretty much have to pick up 0 points in the process. I think we will get 2 more points from this season.

I don't build too much into run-ins. These games traditionally become great levellers. Sunderland for example won at Chelsea this time last year and then beat another top 4 side a couple of games later.

There won't be a lot to play for, for these top sides as final placings could well be decided.

Hull will have found new belief from yesterdays game they won't go down without a fight. I believe nerves will play a greater part than opponents, in deciding who stays up.

That said, I'd still prefer our run in to Hulls. :D

I just remember that season a few years back when Blackpool and Blues were in the prem and on the final day it was constantly shifting to who was going to go down every other minute i hope were not involved in that rollercoaster

I think we'll get a win, two draws and a loss from the remaining fixtures. No idea in what order - hopefully in that order as it'd probably see us safe going into the final day.

5 from 4! Super ambitious! 2, maybe 3 at most for me. We are playing better but still susceptible to losing at the moment. 4 very tough games coming up.

I don't want to tempt fate, but, Leicester's game in hand is Chelsea this Wednesday, Hull's is Plop on Tuesday and Sunderland's is Arsenal in a few weeks, I find it highly unlikely that all three will leapfrog us after their games in hand.

I think it's still in our hands, personally, if we beat either Everton or West Ham, neither too unlikely, and I think we're pretty much safe.