Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Wow, jesus. Okay... let's see

For us to be more than 3 points from safety on the last day:

Based on us losing our next 3 (32pts):

Sunderland need to win 2 and draw 1 of their next 4 games (36pts)

AND Leicester need to win 2 (37pts) or win 1 and draw 2 (36pts) of their next 4 games

AND Hull need to win 2 (37pts) or win 1 and raw 2 (36pts) of their next 4 games

AND Newcastle need to not lose one of their next 3 games

Pretty unlikely then I feel more relaxed now.

So even if all goes wrong we can do Burnley on the last day to save ourselves (probably).

Makes you wonder why the odds are so short @ 8/1. 

Edited by supernova26

There is next to no chance of us being relegated before the final day. Blimey you're probably talking about a 100-1 shot for all those various scenarios above to come true.

I'd actually probably at a push settle for going into the final day as it is now, 2 points clear of Sunderland. Yes it would be tense at the start but all it would take is an early goal or two from Chelsea and all will be right with the world.

Typical. We look like a proper team, with great potential. What's the betting we go down and sell off what could have been the start of something special?

Arrrggggghhhh!

This is what I'm really worried about.

Typical. We look like a proper team, with great potential. What's the betting we go down and sell off what could have been the start of something special?

Arrrggggghhhh!

Something special doesn't start with going down.

Arrrggggghhhh!

No shit, that's why he said "could have been".

• Like 2

I've been doing that predictor thing, varying my input to try and accomodate most possibilities (within reason). The absolute worst case scenario I came up with was us needing a point on the final day.

There is next to no chance of us being relegated before the final day. Blimey you're probably talking about a 100-1 shot for all those various scenarios above to come true.

I'd actually probably at a push settle for going into the final day as it is now, 2 points clear of Sunderland. Yes it would be tense at the start but all it would take is an early goal or two from Chelsea and all will be right with the world.

Bit of a contradiction saying it's a 100-1 shot but you'd take a last day showdown now?!

Coming to think of it those scenarios Pete gave us are just for us not to be relegated before the final day and don't guarantee survival if we beat Burnley. (i.e. team teams on 36, 37 could win/draw the final matches).

Bit of a contradiction saying it's a 100-1 shot but you'd take a last day showdown now?!

Coming to think of it those scenarios Pete gave us are just for us not to be relegated before the final day and don't guarantee survival if we beat Burnley. (i.e. team teams on 36, 37 could win/draw the final matches).

No it's a 100-1 shot for us to be down before the final day, y'know be 3 points adrift of Sunderland. There would need to be a 6 point swing in what 4 games?

It is of course still likely we might not be completely safe on the final especially if the teams below like Hull and Leicester keep on picking up points effectively raising the bar needed for survivial.

But I'd certainly settle for us being on 36 points going into the final day with Sunderland on 33 points and a poorer GD. 

We would be as good as safe.

The safe on final day requirements are a few pages back but not as in depth given the fact that there are so many more scenarios that have us safe than relegated

Arrrggggghhhh!

No shit, that's why he said "could have been".

Exactly my point. There is no 'could have been' if we go down. Itl be because over 38 games we are shit.

If there's a genuine chance of something special (which there probably isn't), then we will stay up.

To me our biggest problem is our GD. Luckily Sunderland actually have a poorer one than us but Hull, Leicester, Newcastle all have better GDs and at this stage it becomes an extra point.

That will be the Paul Lambert legacy, the thing to 100% blame him for with no mitigating circumstances, we go down on goal difference.

How people can disregard the concern as moronic is beyond me.

1 person

Yawn

Yawn?

One person DID say people were moronic for having concerns. You saying 'people' was incorrect.

To me our biggest problem is our GD. Luckily Sunderland actually have a poorer one than us but Hull, Leicester, Newcastle all have better GDs and at this stage it becomes an extra point.

That will be the Paul Lambert legacy, the thing to 100% blame him for with no mitigating circumstances, we go down on goal difference.

Well conceding 10 goals in 5 games has something to do with it