Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Maybe but I'm actually enjoying us play at the minute which is a nice change from the last few years so don't mind the games.

Bit different to the McLeish year when yes I thought we were done for after losing at home to Bolton and was dreading the last few games.

• Like 1

Its funny, because teams down the bottom should be dropping points more than they are..... we need the teams around us to drop points.....and we need to be more focussed on picking them up.

sounds obvious I know, but that all that matters right now.

we need to beat Everton....no Draw.....straight win.

Edited by TRO

For some reason I think people saying 4 points will definitely be enough are either deluded or looking at a different table to me.

Sunderland have a poorer GD than us so if you factor in them losing a game or two they effectively need 7 more points this season if we get 4 more points.

I would be very surprised if we went down on 36, 35 is boderline.

Remember last season we beat Chelsea to hit 35 points ? - then went on a dire run - we were all desparate for more wins - which we eventually got - but in the end 35 would have been enough.  I think 36 will do it this season.

we to tighten up defensivley - and stop just thinking we will be fine - points (wins) are what what we need - not hard luck stories. 

Looking at form and difficulty of upcoming fixtures:

Leicester can get to 40 points - so I'm ruling them out.

Noooocastle will fluke a result and finish on 38 points.

Sunderland can get to 35 points, cannot see them doing any better than that, even being generous.

Hull can get to 35 points, 36 best case scenario if they absolutely have a go. 

We - can get to 38 points (Hammers & Burnley) - 41 best case scenario.

So, given the fine margins (Benteke straight red vs Everton anyone?) we could do with either Hull or Sunderland to completely fluff it - my money is on Sunderland, they should have changed boss a few games earlier. 

Remember guys clubs like Southampton, Everton and West Ham will want us to drop

Why is that?

IMO we need 10-12 points in the remaining games, nothing less.

Not a chance

This.

4 will be enough. Wouldn't surprise me if 3 was enough actually.

2 wins would all but guarantee it.

Also, if we actually need 10-12 points then we are down, because we aint getting that!

Remember guys clubs like Southampton, Everton and West Ham will want us to drop

Why is that?

IMO we need 10-12 points in the remaining games, nothing less.

Not a chance

This.

4 will be enough. Wouldn't surprise me if 3 was enough actually.

2 wins would all but guarantee it.

Also, if we actually need 10-12 points then we are down, because we aint getting that!

We are playing well though !

Sherwood's win percentage in the league is 30% I believe.

9 played, 3 won, 1 drawn, 5 lost.

10 points from the 27 available have been taken which equates to 37% of the points on offer.

If that's the case, and baring in mind the standard of opposition faced during his time here and the standard of opposition we are yet to face, you would imagine that the trend would hopefully continue seeing us with at least 4 points from the remaining 12 available.

If only football was that easy.....

Looking at Sunderland, if playing well, they will be within touching distance of us all the way through to the final game - where we play bottom of the league Burnley at home and they go away to the champions. It's gonna take something insane for it to go t*ts up for us.