Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we'll get a win, two draws and a loss from the remaining fixtures. No idea in what order - hopefully in that order as it'd probably see us safe going into the final day.

5 from 4! Super ambitious! 2, maybe 3 at most for me. We are playing better but still susceptible to losing at the moment. 4 very tough games coming up.

It's hardly that ambitious. You say we're still susceptible to losing but Swansea aside we haven't lost to a team that isn't Man City or Man United for quite a while. With the way we're playing and with the fixtures we've got left 4/5 points isn't too ambitious.

1. To go down we'd (almost certainly) need all three of Hull, Sunderland, and Leicester to over-take us.

2. Sunderland have to play Arsenal and Chelsea.

3. Hull have yet to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and Man Utd.

4. Sunderland and Leicester have to play each other. Obviously only one of them can get three points from that match.

We'll be fine.

That has cheered me up a little. Cheers mate.

• Like 1

I think we'll get a win, two draws and a loss from the remaining fixtures. No idea in what order - hopefully in that order as it'd probably see us safe going into the final day.

5 from 4! Super ambitious! 2, maybe 3 at most for me. We are playing better but still susceptible to losing at the moment. 4 very tough games coming up.

2 or 3? Christ, you're not a confident chap are you?! We were better than Citeh, Liverpool and Spurs in the last 3 games and won 2 of those (ok, one was in the Cup, but still) and  you still think we will struggle against the teams we have to play? We should be capable of getting 10 points from our remaining games but I think more likely to be 6 or 7.

• Like 1

I refuse to be worried. We're too good to go down. Teams that play on this level don't get relegated.

On what level?? Playing well at the etihad?

Didn't burnley beat city a few weeks ago? Did people think they weren't going after that result?

People, IMO, are looking at it a little to 'black n white' with regards the form. Yeah we've played well last few weeks but who says that will continue? I mean, were hardly renowned for our consistency when it comes to playing well/getting results.

Leicester, Sunderland and hull are all capable of accumulating more points esp from more games. Everton look a tough opposition ATM.

I'm by no means saying we will, but we can definitely go down.

I just hope the players aren't as complacent as some fans and don't see it as silly to be well aware of the genuine threat that is there.

2 or 3? Christ, you're not a confident chap are you?! We were better than Citeh, Liverpool and Spurs in the last 3 games and won 2 of those (ok, one was in the Cup, but still) and  you still think we will struggle against the teams we have to play? We should be capable of getting 10 points from our remaining games but I think more likely to be 6 or 7.

I see your point, but we outclassed QPR also, and nearly lost. We can easily do the same versus Everton, West Ham and Burnley at home. 

I haven't seen much complacency by fans.

There's quite a few saying 'wel be fine' etc. Which we might well be of course. Just too early to call IMO.

I haven't seen very many and the some of the people that are saying that seem to accept that we could go down but have stated that they're confident in our ability to stay up. I wouldn't necessarily call that complacency.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I'm one of the people who thinks we'll be fine. It's nothing to do with complacency, in fact far from it. I'm actually quite relaxed about the whole thing simply because if we can't get the points required from the home games we have left then we deserve to go down.

Simple as that.

• Like 1

This thread especially after a defeat just goes around in circles really. You have those who are pessimistic and see our results going poorly and the results of the teams around us going against us as well, you have the optimistic mob, perhaps like me :) , who think we have the ability to win all our remaining games and then you have others who fall somewhere in between.

I don't suppose there is much point in trying to change anyone's opinion really. We all have different ways of looking at things and perhaps in life in general will be a glass half empty or glass half full merchant. I have come to my conclusion that we will be safe based simply on what I have seen since Sherwood has been here. In the high pressure games (WBA, Sunderland, QPR, Spurs) we have performed and got results and in the high pressure cup games likewise. We have for me over the last three games played some of the best football we have played in many years. Individual errors aside from both our own players and the officials yesterday and we'd have won three on the bounce against top 6 opposition all with plenty to play for. Quite simply for me based on what I have seen over the last few weeks and what is to come I am supremely confident we will secure the points needed to stay up. I don't see it taking more than six but genuinely would not be surprised if we took more than that anyway.

Regardless of whether you are optimistic, pessimistic, bricking it or super confident though we the fans have a part to play over the next 4 weeks especially in the three home games. That fact alone, having three out of our four remaining games at Villa Park should be a big advantage, lets ensure it is and get Villa Park packed to the rafters with positive vibes and passionate all out backing for the manager and players as they continue to give their all to see us safe. We can and will do this.

Although that's a really good post, be boring if we all thought that :).

I'm one of the people who thinks we'll be fine. It's nothing to do with complacency, in fact far from it. I'm actually quite relaxed about the whole thing simply because if we can't get the points required from the home games we have left then we deserve to go down.

Simple as that.

Pretty much feel the same. im pretty confident were staying up

It's unbelievable that we've done so well since Sherwood came in yet it's arguably now out of our hands. I think it's possible for Leicester and Hull to get to 38 points and Sunderland to get to 37, so that leaves us needing around 38-39 points to have a good chance of staying up. I really don't want us to go to the last game needing something so it looks like we need two wins from West Ham & Everton at home or, Southampton away - that's going to be tough.

Even with our resurgence, I can only imagine us getting to the last day on around 37 points. I'm not sure that will be enough to be sure of having a relaxing last game of the season.

Edited by villarocker