Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Which 3 teams do you think will drop?? How early will they go?

Burnley and QPR are almost certainly done for now you'd think. So probably between Hull and Sunderland for that third spot.

Burnley, QPR and Hull.

It is dawning on me that we still have a lot of work to do mind. I hope we put it to bed next Saturday but I see that ending in a draw. There will be a lot of pressure on the West Ham game.

I also hope that the players get over the disappointment of City quicker than I have and it is in their minds to put the sword to our next two opponents.

My little heart will be all a fluttery from now until 3pm on Saturday.

Burnley, QPR and Hull.

It is dawning on me that we still have a lot of work to do mind. I hope we put it to bed next Saturday but I see that ending in a draw. There will be a lot of pressure on the West Ham game.

I also hope that the players get over the disappointment of City quicker than I have and it is in their minds to put the sword to our next two opponents.

That's where I am Dave,  but instead of Hull I have blunderland to go down.  Mind you I dont see Newcastle getting another point this season so at 35 points they arent out of it

I think we'll win our home games and get a point from Southampton to put us safe and 13th

• Like 1

Burnley, QPR and Hull.

That's where I am Dave,  but instead of Hull I have blunderland to go down.  Mind you I dont see Newcastle getting another point this season so at 35 points they arent out of it

I think we'll win our home games and get a point from Southampton to put us safe and 13th

Newcastle not getting another point would mean wins for Leicester and Q.P.R. against them.

We're playing like a confident team but, at the same time, we're shipping goals for fun - 9 in our last 4 league games.  We do look like scoring every game (incredibly refreshing after Lambert's season) but this defensively frailty means I'm still slightly worried.

Chelsea and Liverpool really need to turn over Leicester and Hull respectively before we head into our game against Everton.  Both teams are only a point behind us and with a game in hand.  Leicester already have momentum - we could do without Hull picking up any.

If I was to bet on it, I think we'll finish where we are now - 15th.  Football just isn't that predictable, though, and being 2 points off the relegation zone is too close for comfort.

Edited by bobzy

The Man City game left me proud but mindfull that we are still in a mess. I think the reason the defeat hurt so much is because I can't remember seeing us play this well. It is almost back to the Taylor mark I or days of big Ron.

I think 1 or 3 points for us on Saturday will leave Newcastle in a mess I am not sure they will get out of. What worries my is that we are very close to not having our fate in our own hands. It is between Leicester, Hull, Sunderland, Newcastle and us for the last spot. And most of them have a game in hand and Newcastle has more points. It is only the fact that Leicester play Sunderland that still gives us a better placing since they can't both overtake us with a point. 

Last year I thought - make it and we will be so much better. This year I know we are going to be so much better and I credit that to Sherwood and Delph. The fact that Delph signed a new contract can not be underestimated. 

Edited by David-Copenhagen

4 points should still be enough at this stage as it would mean Sunderland have to get 7 which I cant see

I think we will get another 6 this season so I think that should see us through. Everton's recent run of fine form has got me very worried though, that game has become massive

Burnley, QPR and Hull.

That's where I am Dave, but instead of Hull I have blunderland to go down. Mind you I dont see Newcastle getting another point this season so at 35 points they arent out of it

I agree, it's Sunderland for me, and I'm glad. I hate their shit fans, shit stadium and shit players. I feel about them the way I imagine the rest of the league felt about us a few months ago. But Newcastle certainly aren't out of it. They're only 3 points ahead of us and they don't look like they'll win another game this season.

Too many teams involved for that last relegation spot, we'd have to be the worst of them to go down, and we're not. Could easily be an Everton win next sat, but we'll get the points against west ham and burnley.

Too many teams involved for that last relegation spot, we'd have to be the worst of them to go down, and we're not. Could easily be an Everton win next sat, but we'll get the points against west ham and burnley.

Without wishing to be too negative, we don't have to be the worst, with so few games left and teams below us with games in hand there is a real element of luck involved now.

Right now Sunderland are in a relegation spot, one fluke goal off one knee and they are above us.

I'm not saying we'll go down, I'm saying time isn't on our side for a comfy ride home. 

I still think we'll do it, but youch I dropping points against Hull, Newcastle and QPR in the last couple of months really hasn't been a great idea. 

Remember guys clubs like Southampton, Everton and West Ham will want us to drop

Why is that?

Why? We would be a serious threat to those clubs in the coming seasons, and I am sure they would like to raid our better players if we were relegated. IMO we need 10-12 points in the remaining games, nothing less.

Remember guys clubs like Southampton, Everton and West Ham will want us to drop

Why is that?

IMO we need 10-12 points in the remaining games, nothing less.

Not a chance

• Like 4

Lets see how this weeks fixtures pan out and see where we stand after that. 

I think QPR and Burnley are probably down, and everybody up to Newcastle could still occupy the other spot. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1