Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

To me our biggest problem is our GD. Luckily Sunderland actually have a poorer one than us but Hull, Leicester, Newcastle all have better GDs and at this stage it becomes an extra point.

That will be the Paul Lambert legacy, the thing to 100% blame him for with no mitigating circumstances, we go down on goal difference.

Well conceding 10 goals in 5 games has something to do with it 

Our GD in the 9 league games Sherwood has managed us is actually 0 and included a big win at Sunderland which messed up their GD which could be very crucial at the end.

So no we go down on GD and that's Lambert's fault.

Dangerous attitude to have IMO. Will look silly if it happens. Mind you he'd look silly if it happens anyway.

He did say "if we play like that". Presumably if we go down it will be from not playing like that.

Typical. We look like a proper team, with great potential. What's the betting we go down and sell off what could have been the start of something special?

Arrrggggghhhh!

Something special doesn't start with going down.
No shit, that's why he said "could have been".

Exactly my point. There is no 'could have been' if we go down. Itl be because over 38 games we are shit.

If there's a genuine chance of something special (which there probably isn't), then we will stay up.

Could have been under Tim.......

Everton are a different proposition in recent weeks. Martinez has resorted to some real pragmatism and shelved the possession stuff in favour of a more direct approach and a big man up front. Even two strikers in some of the games which is unheard of for him. In the process they now have more guys behind the ball and are tougher to penetrate. We should certainly see that as a winnable game but a point wouldn't be poor in itself.

West Ham on the other hand is a different matter. They have been in terrible form since Christmas, everybody at the club knows the manager is a goner and the players are seemingly on the beach. Really no excuse not to dispatch of these.

If Everton play Arouna Kone upfront I think we'll win but Lukaku has come back from injury and we've been weak in the air in recent weeks and concede goals from crosses and corners.

Also interesting to see from their highlights last week they've been giving Lennon licence to drift into central areas rather than just be the touchline hugging wide player he was at Spurs, he's done well there but if I was Martinez I'd just tell him to stay wide and run at Richardson at every opportunity.

Performances are not worrying.

The table is.

All well and good saying we will get the points necessary on form, but the longer this drags on the more pressure on each game develops.

Sherwood has pulled results out of the bag so I hope he continues to do so.

I'll be worried until we're safe. But, we're playing reasonably well and I hank three points might be enough, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to stop worrying before too long.

I hank so too

I am confident we'll stay up, I believe we deserve to stay up, and yet I'm poopin' myself because there's so little time to correct a mad / unfair / random weekend.

But we will stay up.

But I am worried.

Bloody hell.

Same mate. But at least our goal difference didn't take A pounding! That would have been disastrous for us. At least we can go in next game knowing we have a good account of ourselves. Anything would have been a bonus yesterday.

Let's not forget aguero cost more than our whole squad!! That's the difference in class yet we almost won it had it not been from a bad decision from the ref

I am confident we'll stay up, I believe we deserve to stay up, and yet I'm poopin' myself because there's so little time to correct a mad / unfair / random weekend.

But we will stay up.

But I am worried.

Bloody hell.

Same mate. But at least our goal difference didn't take A pounding! That would have been disastrous for us. At least we can go in next game knowing we have a good account of ourselves. Anything would have been a bonus yesterday.

Let's not forget aguero cost more than our whole squad!! That's the difference in class yet we almost won it had it not been from a bad decision from the ref

scary thing is for how well we have been playing lately, if hull and leicester just get one point from their game in hand and if sunderland win their game in hand we will be in the bottom three. personally i think we will just about stay up but i hope the cup final does not distract us too much.

scary thing is for how well we have been playing lately, if hull and leicester just get one point from their game in hand and if sunderland win their game in hand we will be in the bottom three. personally i think we will just about stay up but i hope the cup final does not distract us too much.

Those games in hand are against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal respectively, so unlikely

• Like 1