Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Bottom line is that Burnley need 7 more than us from the remaining games to pass us, QPR need 6 more and Sunderland need 3. Given the if we win one more game, which is likely, even if we lose the rest that means QPR and Burnley need to win all their remaining games and Sunderland need to win 2 for us not to stay up. And that's not factoring hull or Leicester in.

3 of those teams need to pass us out

SkyBet still have us at 7/1. Might have a tenner on that (had another £10 on us going down at 9/1 last night). Always good to have an insurance bet.

. Much more value backing the results needed for us to go down instead of a 7/1 shot. Those odds aren't long enough to be worth a bet

I wish I could be as confident as some of you. By next Sunday I can easily see Sunderland (saints at home), Hull (liverpool home), Leicester (newcastle home + if Chelsea win arsenal they have title in bag and Leicester can get points from them too) all winning. And Burnley (West ham away) too. And us losing to everton. That would mean:

Hull 34

Leicester 34

Sunderland 33

Villa 32

Burnley

QPR

I don't mean to offend mate but this is pessimistic bollocks. We are playing at home, hopefully in front of a full house, against an Everton side with f*ck all to play for who have been average at best all season and they are up against us with loads to play for, playing well and with plenty of confidence. Sunderland have Southampton who are 7th in the table and desperate to secure European football next season for the first time in years, Hull have Liverpool who will also want to secure some form of European football next season and Burnley who are in poor form have West Ham away. From all that you think we are going to lose and everyone else down the bottom is going to win. It could happen of course but it won't.

My advice to anyone bricking it is to get to Villa Park next week and back this club to secure three more points towards staying up.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

SkyBet still have us at 7/1. Might have a tenner on that (had another £10 on us going down at 9/1 last night). Always good to have an insurance bet.

. Much more value backing the results needed for us to go down instead of a 7/1 shot. Those odds aren't long enough to be worth a bet

Can't be arsed with the calculations tbh. :P

Overall, I'm confident we will stay up. 3 homes games left and if we win 2 then we will be fine (maybe even with 4 points)

Everyone thought we'd do QPR at home and look what happened there. The concern is warranted. 

I'm concerned too, but I think some are overdoing it a bit. Since then we've beaten Spurs away, beaten Liverpool at Wembley and dominated City away and were unlucky to not win. In all of those games we were comfortably the better team, especially the latter two.

We are shit at home though but hopefully we can get across the line.

What are the permutations that would see us relegated before the last game of the season? I want that lifeline. 

Assuming you mean what sees us safe, rather than relegated:

If we beat Everton and West Ham:

• Burnley cannot catch us if they drop any more points
  • QPR cannot catch us if they drop any more points
  • Sunderland cannot catch us if they lose more than 2 of their 5 remaining, or drop points in 3

If we get 4 points from Everton and West Ham:

• Burnley cannot catch us if they lose another game
  • QPR cannot catch us if they drop points in 2 more games
  • Sunderland cannot catch us if lose more than 3 of their 5 remaining 
Edited by P3te

The funny thing is, ppl kept talking about hulls fixtures and included today's fixture in that - they won comfortably.

MOTD running order: Bur/Lei, CP/Hull, ManC/AV, New/Swa, Sto/Sun, QPR/WHU, Sou/Tot, WBA/Liv.

Even taken off claret and blue tinted glasses our should have been first really.

It wasn't a great watch for the neutral bar the last 20 mins.

The funny thing is, ppl kept talking about hulls fixtures and included today's fixture in that - they won comfortably.

They won't win them all comfortably though, just like we won't lose all ours

Everton are safe and have nothing to play for. If we play like we did against Liverpool and today without the individual errors we'll beat Everton. Is Gabby likely to be back?

Wouldn't gabby disrupt the way we played in last two games?

What are the permutations that would see us relegated before the last game of the season? I want that lifeline. 

Assuming you mean what sees us safe, rather than relegated:

If we beat Everton and West Ham:

• Burnley cannot catch us if they drop any more points
  • QPR cannot catch us if they drop any more points
  • Sunderland cannot catch us if they lose more than 2 of their 5 remaining, or drop points in 3

If we get 4 points from Everton and West Ham:

• Burnley cannot catch us if they lose another game
  • QPR cannot catch us if they drop points in 2 more games
  • Sunderland cannot catch us if lose more than 3 of their 5 remaining 

No I actually meant to be relegated. I was after reassurance that we have the Burnley game as a 'saver'. :)