Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Regularly go months without shaving, and usually try to combine a beard-shave with a head shave at the barber's to save even more energy. 

I don't care if beards are going (to go) out of fashion, I'll have one even if it marks me as a desperate saddo. 

• Like 1

I went to see a fairly hipster musician the other week, and I'd say 75% of the males in attendance had a beard. It amused me, but also started to get on my nerves. In my years of being able to grow face fuzz, I've never gone longer than a week without shaving.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I have perma stubble.

Looks fairly clean shaven from a distance, but prickles against your inner thigh.

Often wondered what that was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Reminds me of a girl I used to know, who had a tattoo of a sea-shell on her inner thigh.  I swear when you put your ear to it, you could almost smell the sea.

That, in turn, reminds me of the joke:

A blind man accidentally wanders into a fish market. Stops. Takes a big sniff. 

"Morning ladies!"

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I went to see a fairly hipster musician the other week, and I'd say 75% of the males in attendance had a beard. It amused me, but also started to get on my nerves. In my years of being able to grow face fuzz, I've never gone longer than a week without shaving.

I've just had a very quick first meeting (more a hand shake and see ya soon, really) with a firm of concept architects.....four blokes, every one of them had a funky beard. I guess the clue was in the words 'concept architects'.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That, in turn, reminds me of the joke:

A blind man accidentally wanders into a fish market. Stops. Takes a big sniff. 

"Morning ladies!"

Either you've told that wrong, or it's a really shit joke.

BOOOOO.

• Like 1

I never claimed it was a good joke. But it definitel works better if you say it rather than try and convert it to text.

Nevertheless, I'm sure you'd have laughed if I'd written it in capitals ;)

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I never claimed it was a good joke. But it definitel works better if you say it rather than try and convert it to text.

Nevertheless, I'm sure you'd have laughed if I'd written it in capitals ;)

OH REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY MR BIG SHOT MAN?

On 23/05/2016 at 22:26, sidcow said:

I really don't get people's obsession with "proper coffee" I was going to put something about this in the things that piss you off thread but it's as good here.  I am quite happy with a cup of instant coffee which costs next to nothing. It is beyond me why or even how people afford to buy all this "real" coffee that costs a shitload of money 

When I was a youth years before Starbucks,  Costa etc I did actually used to go to a coffee shop in martineau square called the cardoma coffee shop before we could use pubs. The coffee there was not remotely expensive. The current coffee trend is just that a fashion thing so they can charge more

I do like a nice coffee and where possible try to go to a independent coffee shop but a chain like Costa and Starbucks are far more convenient as there are so many of them. I appreciate they aren't as nice but convenience wins for me as I'm usually in a rush. 

As for being a fashion thing, I don't think so. I think its here to stay. Even in the height of the recession, coffee shops were full. In Sutton, there's a Nero opposite Starbucks with a Costa a short 2 min walk away - they are always full. Any time you go past. They are a licence to print money!

Decent coffee doesn't have to be expensive. You can spend a few quid on a cafetiere and have coffee far better than the shite in Starbucks and Costa. Ok you won't have a foamy, milky, syrupy bullshit thing in a pint cup, but that's no great loss.

It's like saying that sandwiches are expensive because you only buy them from Pret instead of making them at home. Obviously food and drink's going to be more expensive if you're paying for someone to serve it to you.

Edited by Davkaus

Either you've told that wrong, or it's a really shit joke.

BOOOOO.

I heard a variation. A blind man walking past a fishmongers, tips his hat and says 'Evening ladies'. More an amusing repartee than a joke really :)

I don't get the hate for Starbucks' coffee (the company is another matter). I prefer them to Costa and Nero, simply because the other two don't actually do filter ('drip') coffee, just Americanos (espresso topped up with hot water). And I really like their house blend. So there.

Americano coffee is satans piss. Either do proper filter coffee or have the espresso. Pouring water into a espresso should be punisheble by nad-chopping

• Like 3

Â