Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Being super serious, no-luaghing and all who-can-be-the-biggest-arse-hole in work meetings. No one wants to be there, no one is enjoying it. Why don't people get work done, drop the pretence and actually have a bit of banter/a laugh at work?

Oh and madeira cake. That can **** off. What a pointless block of shite.

Judging by previous posts, this thread is getting dangerously close to "Things that piss you off that shouldn't".

Anyway, for me:

Horror movies

Particle physics

Golf

Reality television

Wine

Different types of coffee

Edited by Ghost

That list I've just made, it should go in the things that piss you off thread, not here ffs.

You shouldn't be so negative, son. Maybe a dance in a club with a large group of your mates will cheer you up . Or maybe a hobby - amateur dramatics or summat.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

Reading fiction - "As the rose petals danced around the room, a beautiful figure appeared in the distance" - No it didn't stop making this shit up.

When people put cucumber or tomatoes on sandwiches that aren't going to be eaten for a considerable time.

People who live to work, I appreciate it, but totally don't understand it.

Why tramps become tramps and don't do stuff about it.  I've seen the same tramp in my local town for about 15 years and he chooses to be a tramp, it doesn't have to be that way.

People who don't mind being gifted a living on benefits in their little shit hole houses/flats.  Some people have to live that way, but the majority of people I saw down the job centre when I was unemployed earlier this year should have higher aspirations than getting down the dole office once every two weeks with their scrunched up pieces of paper, bragging about their new council flat on the top floor, because they can see on top of an ASDA roof.

I don't get people that moan about taxes, it happens to everybody, deal with it.

People who make their own clothes, again, it's not that original, you're taking something you've seen before and making it again, badly.

The Tate Modern - I go often as its near one of our London offices and it never ceases to amaze me what some people classify as art. Occasionally there is a head noddingly good 'un,

The Smiths - The adulation they receive, typically to make the person think they are being "cool", why?

Crocs - They just look like badly moulded shoes, something a school kid would make as part of their GCSE. Why would anyone really pay OTT amounts for these?

The Cinema - To sit looking up at a far too large screen, listening to other people eat over priced fast food and slurp high sugar drinks, what the hell is that all about?

Judging by previous posts, this thread is getting dangerously close to "Things that piss you off that shouldn't".

Anyway, for me:

Horror movies

Particle physics

Golf

Reality television

Wine

Different types of coffee

Particle Physics is quite interesting IMO,  well it is these days as they found stuff (Or think they did :-))

Or am I on my own for that one ? :(

The Smiths - The adulation they receive, typically to make the person think they are being "cool", why?

you were probably too old when they came out but the Smiths were the opposite of cool  ... the main cred they get is due to Johnny Marr as most people think Morrissey is clearing in the woods

I don't think I've seen any super cool parents dressing their little darling year old  in a Smiths T-shirt yet , that still seems to be a market cornered by the Ramones and the Stones

• Like 1

Â