Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Wheat beers are alright, out of a small bottle and not 2 litre steins as we were being given in Berlin, a quarter/third of one of those things is enough.

Then you get some massive 25st, peanut-headed Austrian downing one in one huge gulp, with his giant hand being strong enough to lift the glass like it was a packet of wotsits.

crazy bastard.

Arnie is well cool ain't he?

Loads of British people in this thread, and loads of lager talk? You have a plethora of lovely Ales and Stouts, drink it for goodness sake.

The viking feller speaks the truth. Last pint of lager I drank was a couple of weeks ago, after labouring on a hot day - Sam Smith's organic lager (brewed to German purity laws). It's very nice, but a rare change from draught ale for me. The best lager beats bad ale, but nothing beats good ale.
Good ale and good cider for me. Just started using Ocado and their array of both is superb

The problem with German larger (as I found in Berlin) was that many of them are pilsners, which are pretty sour after-tasting to me.

In the end, I was drinking Budvar (Czech), which I find much more palatable.

Just drink what you like, whether it be Carling or Leffe, it doesn't really matter.

Wheat beers are alright, out of a small bottle and not 2 litre steins as we were being given in Berlin, a quarter/third of one of those things is enough.

Then you get some massive 25st, peanut-headed Austrian downing one in one huge gulp, with his giant hand being strong enough to lift the glass like it was a packet of wotsits.

crazy bastard.

.... Hey, have you ever been to Berlin?

;)

I've been a Guinness man for a few years anyway, but used to enjoy a good lager too. In the last few months before and after Baby M was born, I almost haven't had any alcohol at all and when I've tried a lager it's been absolutely awful.

Edited by Michelsen

I've been a Guinness man for a few years anyway, but used to enjoy a good lager too. In the last few months before and after Baby M was born, I almost haven't had any alcohol at all and when I've tried a lager it's been absolutely awful.

Pregnancy does weird things to your tastes.

And good luck getting rid of the baby weight.

Saying you're a bourbon kind of guy and then hitting the Jack is a bit like saying I'm a red wine connoisseur and then hitting the Blossom Hill isn't it?

• Like 3

Pregnancy does weird things to your tastes.
And good luck getting rid of the baby weight.
:)

There is, sadly, a bit of truth to that. My diet has been awful lately. My wife hasn't been in excellent shape since giving birth, and the increased workload hasn't done wonders in terms of trying to eat healthy and working out.

Edited by Michelsen

Saying you're a bourbon kind of guy and then hitting the Jack is a bit like saying I'm a red wine connoisseur and then hitting the Blossom Hill isn't it?

What's wrong with Blossom Hill???

Wait, I in no way said i'm a bourbon connoisseur, I just said it's what I drink. Jack, Bullet, Jim is usually what I drink.

I don't claim to know much about it, I mix it with Diet Coke ffs :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

I like Corona, I like Carling too, can't fecking stand Ales though, they're disgusting.

I'm more of a bourbon kinda guy myself. 

3 or 4 lagers then hit the Jack :D

say-goodbye-there-is-no-hope.png

I like Corona, I like Carling too, can't fecking stand Ales though, they're disgusting.

I'm more of a bourbon kinda guy myself. 

3 or 4 lagers then hit the Jack :D

say-goodbye-there-is-no-hope.png

At least I can handle a hangover :P

• Like 1

Why bands/artists put out music on Lathe cut records. After a few listens they seem to get wrecked plus they're expensive.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with acetone records. I've just read that Lathe cuts are meant to last up to a 1000 plays before they degrade. I've got a few, one of them went to mush after a couple of plays, so the other one I only played once because I didn't want to wreck it (I didn't realise it was a lathe cut when I bought it) I have another too but that one is unplayable on a conventional record player, because of it's shape.

To answer my original question it seems Lathe cut records are used because they're cheaper to press in small quantities.

Edited by useless

Carling - would rather drink my own piss. Actually, probably tastes the same

Current lager of choice - Krusovice. Although too many and my head is pounding 

Â