Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

comments on youtube videos full stop. or any media outlet ever anywhere. Shut up everyone.

ah should be in the piss you off thread really that. Nevermind.

Adam Buxton wouldn't have an act without them! 

Minutes applauses for football fans that die. Surely a silence is more fitting? I can understand it for an ex-player, but not for a fan. I'd like to think that even at a Scotland v England game, no one would be crass enough to break a silence for a fellow football fan...   

Minutes applauses for football fans that die. Surely a silence is more fitting? I can understand it for an ex-player, but not for a fan. I'd like to think that even at a Scotland v England game, no one would be crass enough to break a silence for a fellow football fan...   

There are some truly stupid and scummy people out there in the world, and they are often seen at football matches. An applause is much safer and the message is still the same. Relax brah.

Indeed, and it's just nice to have these moments where the vast majority of people can act decently and show some respect.

I guess it's just the most obvious thing to do in order to make noise to potentially drown out the morons who think they're funny. I think it's just a gesture really, what else are they going to do, realistically?

A silence. I guess it's a case that football fans have the reputation (wrongly or rightly) of not showing themselves in a positive light, when it comes to this sort of thing. I realise it's the gesture that counts in this circumstance, but I'd like to have seen the benefit of the doubt given, and the more traditional mark of respect paid. 

Oh, I realise why they do it. I just don't get what they are applauding?

A celebration of their life?

Yeah, but it's the celebration of a life hardly anyone in the stadium would have known anything about. 

I don't get R&B music. It has stolen its name from an earlier form of music in order to pass itself off as something other than tuneless pop with embarrassingly bad lyrics.

I know what you mean, and totally get where you're coming from, but I do like some RnB (to differentiate from R&B ). Mainly to do with the fact that back in the days of sowing wild oats, I used to go out to a club on a Thursday night, that played that kind of stuff. Oh man, I've got some great memories from those times! Memories that I often turn to, in the lonely hours of the night.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â