Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Dapper Laughs

I could also put him in the Things that Piss You off thread, the One Man One Punch thread, the Things you Wonder thread, and as a bonus, I could put him in next years Death Pool.

show not getting a second series

when you're too crap and crass for ITV 2 you need to have a look at yourself  #moist

Dapper Laughs was suited to the 6 second Vine platform.

Once he got more popular than that it became apparent he was a massive bell.

Yep, although I'm still not convinced it wasn't, at least partly, an act. In a similar vein to Joey Essex - I concede he's probably simple but there's no way he's that simple.

Variable speed limits on Motorways (mainly M42, but others too).

On at Rush Hour on a Friday afternoon when it's rammed? Nope

On a Sunday afternoon at 4pm with about 4 cars in view? You bet your ass they have got them on 50MPH

Oh and changing from 60 to 50 to 40 in the space of a mile, then back up to 60, then back to 70 - all inbetween the space of a junction - WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS UP WITH THAT?

They are annoying as ****, it's to slow you down when there is congestion 10 miles further down the road so that you don't all race off to join stand still traffic, in theory they are a good idea but they either abuse them or there is always congestion 10 miles further down the road...

For the last 6 months going to erdington 3/4 times a week I think I've probably been on the M6 without them being on maybe 5 times

Yep, although I'm still not convinced it wasn't, at least partly, an act. In a similar vein to Joey Essex - I concede he's probably simple but there's no way he's that simple.

It was an act. He's "killed off" Dapper Laughs as a result of the rape joke stuff.

It was an act. He's "killed off" Dapper Laughs as a result of the rape joke stuff.

I like the notion that he has "killed off" the character. The one his entire "act" and "fame" were based on. 

Soon to be found stacking shelves in Asda doing "Dapper" on demand for spotty teenages in the crisps aisle. 

Haha yeah there is that.

I'm not sure it was totally an act to be honest. I think it evolved into one after he got "internet famous". But I'm sure it was part of his personality.

The killing him off is just an attempt to distance himself from the reputation the character has got.

Talking on the phone/texting while driving.

It's illegal and puts the lives or yourself and all of those around you in danger. Incredibly selfish and winds me up beyond belief.

I regularly talk on the phone whilst driving. 

Voice activated bluetooth FTW 

Talking on the phone/texting while driving.

It's illegal and puts the lives or yourself and all of those around you in danger. Incredibly selfish and winds me up beyond belief.

I regularly talk on the phone whilst driving. 

Voice activated bluetooth FTW 

I should have mentioned that I don't mind if it's hands free  :P

Just because you can play, doesn't mean you can compose..?

It doesn't have to be any good.

But I was thinking that musicians could compose in collaboration over the Internet.

So for example:

Guitarist writes riff and sends it to bass-player via Dropbox.

Bassist sends to drummer, drummer sends to keyboard player, who sends to lyricist, who sends it to vocalist. (these skills may already be available within the group)

After repeated (iterative process), it is posted anonymously on Youtube.

Big sensation or not, there you have a virtual band and you never have to meet.

Break up due to musical differences after entering the top 100 in Albania.  :)

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

Â