Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've only ever eaten peanut butter in chocolate, never had it in a sandwich.

Peanut butter on toast . Breakfast of kings.

No butter on the toast before you apply the peanut butter otherwise you are double buttering

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Yep, chip butty needs to have lots of butter.

You've just reminded me, they used to do chip butties at the Villa, I used to love them. Maybe they still do them elsewhere in the ground, I don't know. Choice seems very limited in the Upper Holte.

The Vine at the back of the old Tesco at Five Ways does legendary chip butties. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't get bacon.

I mean it's ok, I'll eat it but I don't crave it. The sausage is king for me and it's not even close.

Yup. Bacon sandwiches are only for when there are no sausages. 

On a side issue I am very surprised at how much banter this subject has now generated. 

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Oh my god can we get this stickied please!

The rules:

Bacon/sausage/egg sarnie - no butter. Brown or no sauce. Always dip the bread in the pan. Any deviations are for paedos or sandal wearers.

Chips - Mayo, bbq sauce, gravy, curry sauce or mushy peas. Anything condiment wise basically that isn't tomato ketchup. Salt and Vinegar is optional. *Baked bean juice or chopped tomato run off is just about acceptable as an unavoidable side effect of a full English.

The only offenders are tomato ketchup (if you eat this then you are pure scum), salad cream and butter. These three constants belong nowhere near a greasy sandwich or chips.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

How can one post have so much wrong with it?

Bacon/Sausage sandwich - butter on one side, ketchup or brown sauce.

Chips - Curry sauce or ketchup or gravy (mushy peas are acceptable but not to my taste)

StefanAVFC beat me to it. I can't believe that 3 paragraphs can contain so much information that I totally disagree with! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Some employees would work hard at home, and some would take the piss.

This is the start and end of it really. 

I would bet good money the split would be 70/30 in favour of the piss takers. It's about 50/50 when the managers are there already. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In a fairly new job (5 months), no one in my team does it with any sort of regularity, so I've decided not to push for it yet as I'm still new. In my last company we were 'allowed' to work from home up to two days a week, suffice to say I took full advantage of it. 

The thing is, companies go on about work life balance, but working from home is probably the easiest, virtually cost-less way to improve said balance for people. There are clear advantages to it from a wellbeing perspective - more time in bed to rest, no commute (something that people routinely cite as among the most stressful part of the day), more time in the day for yourself (i.e. the time saved from not commuting). It really is a no-brainer, the only obstacle are these old school types who like to 'see' what you're doing and accost you in person for requests.

I would love to work in a job where the commute was the most stressful part of the day. 

That 20 mins I spend hemmed in with my face squashed up against the train door is bliss, the real calm before the storm. 

22 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Sausages better than bacon?!

This thread really has descended into utter madness.

Sidcow doesn't like this

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Warburton's

Talking of which I bumped into a mate that works for them yesterday ... said the license has finished on the muppets and Stallone adverts so they can't use them anymore 

but the new ones are going to feature a British woman whose even bigger than Stallone ,now unless he meant weight and it's Adele , I'm blowed if I can think of a British woman who is bigger than Stallone ?? Any one hazard a guess ?

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Unsmoked bacon on slightly toasted white Warburton's, sliced cathedral city, white pepper and a smidge of brown sauce.

This is where I wish I was politically ignorant, as I used to love a slice of Warbuton's. Can't be buying bread from Tory donors though.

• Like 1

Â