Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not putting pics of me up, but these are basically the jeans I have. Although I don't have them in blue. I have them in black and grey

River Island

The stance of the model pisses me off no end. Drunk or high?

image.png.f2f06668354d78a83aaf6431561c7c03.png

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I feel massively out of place whenever I walk into River Island so I haven’t bought anything from there in years.

I don't usually shop there, but I like their jeans.

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

image.png.f2f06668354d78a83aaf6431561c7c03.png

His friends told him that he should do a trust fall to prove the strength of their friendship. Then they told him to close his eyes. 

Now he's about to do it, and of course they've run away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

His friends told him that he should do a trust fall to prove the strength of their friendship. Then they told him to close his eyes. 

Now he's about to do it, and of course they've run away.

Or,  his stance could also be caused by the fortuitously hidden meat hook underneath his 3rd or 4th vertebrae that is just the exact right length to make him stand in that very annoying stance.  So it's not his fault in reality.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I feel massively out of place whenever I walk into River Island so I haven’t bought anything from there in years.

Its far too cool for me. Burtons or Next is my level. 

• Like 1

When I travelled around Australia I went for a period not wearing socks and within a couple of weeks my trainers were ruined through sweat and stinkiness.  I couldn't imagine doing it again, or ever doing it while wearing posher shoes.  Is it a comfort thing or just a style choice?  I don't see any attraction in doing it at all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its far too cool for me. Burtons or Next is my level. 

Yep, Next is where I buy 90% of my clothes I’d say.

All Saints is another shop that is way too cool for me. I go in there and to be fair, the staff have always been very nice and helpful, I’ve picked up the odd decent item in there. But I walk around it feeling like I’m trespassing on the young and beautiful people’s turf.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

All Saints is another shop that is way too cool for me. I go in there and to be fair, the staff have always been very nice and helpful, I’ve picked up the odd decent item in there. But I walk around it feeling like I’m trespassing on the young and beautiful people’s turf.

This is why I shop online :D

• Haha 1

Just now, KHV said:

This is why I shop online :D

I’m really old fashioned, I like to try things on in the shop, get a proper feel for them, see how they look on me before I buy them. Also to me, clothes can look different online to what they’re like in reality.

Yeah I know I could return them, but clothes shopping can be a hassle enough as it is and I just know I’d be sending back half my purchases and then not bothering with a replacement.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m really old fashioned, I like to try things on in the shop, get a proper feel for them, see how they look on me before I buy them. Also to me, clothes can look different online to what they’re like in reality.

Yeah I know I could return them, but clothes shopping can be a hassle enough as it is and I just know I’d be sending back half my purchases and then not bothering with a replacement.

I order the same things in different sizes so one will always fit and then send back the ones that don't fit. When I shop online I order shitloads of stuff and probably send about 75% of it back

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

I order the same things in different sizes so one will always fit and then send back the ones that don't fit. When I shop online I order shitloads of stuff and probably send about 75% of it back

If it works for you, then fair dos, I get the logic and it’s fairly fool proof. But I think that approach would annoy me. I hate returning anything, knowing I’d be guaranteed to return something would grate on me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not putting pics of me up, but these are basically the jeans I have. Although I don't have them in blue. I have them in black and grey

River Island

They'd look ridiculous on me. It's hard to be trendy or stylish when you look like you're hiding Humpty Dumpty up your jumper. 

Where do you put your three card? That model must have 'em tucked under his gooch? I'm hung like a doormouse, but I can't see where my balls are gonna fit into them? Plus I'd be out of breath taking them on and off, it must be like putting on a pair of   Under armour tights? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Squats are the reason they need to be stretchy ;) 

They’d have to achieve a level of stretchiness previously unknown to human kind to make such jeans an option for someone who lifts :D.

15 minutes ago, JB said:

They’d have to achieve a level of stretchiness previously unknown to human kind to make such jeans an option for someone who lifts :D.

Here’s a pic of me putting them on

5B22A7F0-9277-4743-82A5-719488C73C05.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s rare that I visit Birmingham and don’t end up buying something from All Saints. 

And/or Ted Baker. 

Â