Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Yeah what I really don’t “get” about Sheridan Smith isn’t her chest, which I’m sure is splendid. It’s her ascension to an almost national treasure status.

I don’t think she’s bad, I just don’t see what’s particularly brilliant about her. Maybe she has a local girl done good quality that people like.

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah what I really don’t “get” about Sheridan Smith isn’t her chest, which I’m sure is splendid. It’s her ascension to an almost national treasure status.

I don’t think she’s bad, I just don’t see what’s particularly brilliant about her. Maybe she has a local girl done good quality that people like.

Yeah, but tits ;)

I think she's a decent actress and seems to be a good egg, and not arrogant or precious at all, although she has had her moments in the last year or so, I think chiefly down to losing her Dad*

* I know what you're thinking, but I don't subscribe to her fan club! I read the Metro newspaper on the train in the morning and she had a spell of being in it a lot. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm not the first to post it but I don't get why people carry such hatred over ex-players or managers. In fact, it's wider than that - why is there so much hate in football altogether? How many times do we read "I really hate xxxx player" or "I'll never forgive xxxxx manager for that result"?

Maybe I'm not a real football fan but I just don't get it. 

(I know it's tribalism, innit but I still don't understand the mindset).

Edited by choffer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, choffer said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to post it but I don't get why people carry such hatred over ex-players or managers. In fact, it's wider than that - why is there so much hate in football altogether? How many times do we read "I really hate xxxx player" or "I'll never forgive xxxxx manager for that result"?

Maybe I'm not a real football fan but I just don't get it. 

(I know it's tribalism, innit but I still don't understand the mindset).

A fair few by me in the Upper Holte booed Callum Robinson last night. Absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Milfner said:

A fair few by me in the Upper Holte booed Callum Robinson last night. Absolutely ridiculous. 

I didn't even remember the bloke until the commentator mentioned he used to play for us. Who gives that much of a **** about Callum bloody Robinson? 

2 hours ago, Milfner said:

I was at Brentford last night and they were booing Harley Dean and Jota. Given how much great service they gave to their previous employer* it seemed bizarre. For most it was a bit of panto but for some it was absolute vitriol.

(*and the fact that everyone knows the Brentford model means that every player has a price tag which, if met means they get sold.)

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Carry On films.  They always seem shit whenever I've watched the odd bit here and there.  Never managed to sit through the whole of one.

Timeless classics!

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Carry On films.  They always seem shit whenever I've watched the odd bit here and there.  Never managed to sit through the whole of one.

They are shit.

I don't think I have ever manager more than 5 mins of one!

• Like 1

On 09/02/2018 at 19:43, Shropshire Lad said:

You'd get lynched in Liverpool for dissing Sheridan, its about the same thing as saying Bill Shankly was a shit manager to a Liverpool fan but to women who support the team that play in orange

It's been that way ever since Cilla

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Oh come on Barbara Windsors tits are a national treasure

Just now, bickster said:

You'd get lynched in Liverpool for dissing Sheridan, its about the same thing as saying Bill Shankly was a shit manager to a Liverpool fan but to women who support the team that play in orange

It's been that way ever since Cilla

I will say I watched that episode of “Inside No.9” recently she was in and she was very good. So yeah, I’ll revise it and say she’s ok, but I don’t think she’s nation’s acting sweetheart or whatever it is she’s viewed as.

Didn’t see Cilla, couldn’t stand her so not bothered about learning the story behind how she ruined a Bacharach/David song.

• Like 1

Â