Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I’ve only really bought straight fit jeans. I have chubby thighs so straight fit feel better, but they’re a bit baggy near my feet. I nearly bought some slim fit jeans the other week, I may look again at buying a pair, see if they’re any good.

I know they’re popular, but I can’t get past the idea that skinny jeans are just better suited for girls. 

And I don’t really want to show off my ankles or want to see the ankles of anyone else.

Having said all that, I get a bit bored with jeans. I try and mix it up with cords, chinos or a pair of moleskin trousers.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’ve only really bought straight fit jeans. I have chubby thighs so straight fit feel better, but they’re a bit baggy near my feet. I nearly some slim fit jeans the other week, I may look again at buying a pair, see if they’re any good.

I know they’re popular, but I can’t get past the idea that skinny jeans are just better suited for girls. 

And I don’t really want to show off my ankles or want to see the ankles of anyone else.

Having said all that, I get a bit bored with jeans. I try and mix it up with cords, chinos or a pair of moleskin trousers.

baggy-trousers-dark-brown.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm basically a midget Adonis, I can't get calves, thighs or hefty arse into skinny jeans. 

But I have to say, I'm not sorry.  

And people who wear skinny jeans, no socks and brogues can **** right off. 

:wave:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have some skinny jeans, and consensus among family and friends is that they suit my fairly thin build. But, frankly, I'm amazed that anybody finds them comfortable. I actually hate the feeling of them so tight to my legs. So, when I bought some new jeans a couple of weeks ago, I went for slim, and they feel much better. The wife doesn't like them, but I don't care. I'm an old bloke, and I wear what feels comfortable, end of. 

Normal skinny jeans aren't comfortable. 

But the extreme skinny ones tend to be, because they're a stretchy denim. They're basically like tight tracksuit bottoms that look like jeans :) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But the extreme skinny ones tend to be, because they're a stretchy denim. They're basically like tight tracksuit bottoms that look like jeans :) 

Yup, those are what I wear, they're lovely. Come on guys get on board..

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I remember that look from about 10 years ago when my mother-in-law wore 'jeggings'. Not a good look on a woman back then and an even worse look on a bloke now. Still, what ever floats yer boat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brommy said:

I remember that look from about 10 years ago when my mother-in-law wore 'jeggings'. Not a good look on a woman back then and an even worse look on a bloke now. Still, what ever floats yer boat.

Dog-In-Colorful-Dress-Funny-Fashion-Pict

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

'Jeggins' 

Basically, you are a girl :mrgreen:

whats the world come to when Men are defending wearing 'elasticated denim'? It used to be about the quality of the denim itself!

As far as I'm concerned, elastic in denim is solely for fat/old people who buy clothes from the adverts in the newspaper (if they've got enough left over from the commemorative  Elvis picture plate, yours for just 75 instalments of £9.99) and Trashy Boner ladies who shop in Primani. 

I'm just jealous really. 

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

'Jeggins' 

Basically, you are a girl :mrgreen:

whats the world come to when Men are defending wearing 'elasticated denim'? It used to be about the quality of the denim itself!

As far as I'm concerned, elastic in denim is solely for fat/old people who buy clothes from the adverts in the newspaper (if they've got enough left over from the commemorative  Elvis picture plate, yours for just 75 instalments of £9.99) and Trashy Boner ladies who shop in Primani. 

I'm just jealous really. 

Nah they're not elasticated. 

Don't get me wrong, they are a BIT like jeggings. I'm not denying that.

But they are actually denim. They look like jeans, feel like jeans, fasten at the top like jeans (button and zip, no elasticated waistband). They're just stretchier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Stevo, I can honestly say that my trust and faith in another poster has never plummeted as sharply as now having read your last few posts.  Deary me son!  You've let me down, the site down, but worst of all, you've let yourself down.

I've gone the other way, he's a brave guy and prepared to defend his position too. If he wants to look like an extra in the only way is Essex, then leave him to it!

Â