Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Tim Sherwood has done absolutely nothing in football management.

He won 14 games with Spurs in 28 league game

A guy like that shouldn't be turning down any premier league jobs.

He's a clown. He's not a good manager and he's an arrogant clearing in the woods to go along with it.

I'd rather Lambert signed a 10 year contract.

Wow .

There's a lack of decent options. The industry is full of shit managers who come and go. I was calling for Uwe Rosler last season, but now I'm not because Wigan aren't doing so well. This is the kind of reactionary nonsense that gets people no where.

It doesn't matter who you clamour for because you can guarantee that someone will look at Wikipedia and point out a season in which that manager didn't do so well.

I guess there's a reason why Ancelotti and Mourinho only end up at big clubs; likewise there's a reason why Mike Newell and Paul Ince don't manage any more.

So maybe we shouldn't turn our noses up at managers who have been around the top level of the game for years - like Bruce, Pullis or McLaren. They're perennial bosses for a reason and we're just Aston Villa.

I don't know. It's not my decision so **** it. Who's the manager of Celta Vigo. Eduardo Berizzo. Yeah let's get him. Meh.

how about iain dowie or paul jewell or terry connor or peter reid or even paul sturrock :)

TBH they are all a step up from Lambert

I think Paul Jewell is the only one you could argue was better than Lambert without cracking a smile.

I f we got rif of Lambert and we wanted a safe pair of hands then we could do worse than McCarthy. He has Ipswich flying on a team that according to an article the other day cost jsut 10000

But Lambert's had us in the top flight for two seasons plus he kept Norwich up too. If we're going to get rid of Lambert I don't think there would any point if all we were going to do is swap him for a similar manager. I think the safest bet for a mid-season change would be Moyes but I won't be surprised if he ends up at Sunderland.

Edited by useless

Solskjaer

Lolskjaer.

Moyes for me, then when the mythical takeover happens, someone from the continent or South America who can project a bit of style onto the team.

Lolyes.

See what i did there... hhihihiihi

Bring back Martin O'Neill!

Quique Flores anyone? he was interested in Villa job before we got Houllier and is only 49 and won a fair few cups including Europa League in 2009/2010

Good suggestion.

• Like 1

I think it would be very difficult given that the club is for sale and investment is limited - if we were like we are, but not for sale and there was a stability in the ownership, then I think we could go out and attract a reasonable manager - someone with good experience at this level or similar abroad -sadly we're not in that position and any manager we attract, would have to by the nature of the clubs status consider themselves a 'caretaker'. I think we'd struggle to attract anyone with ambitions of furthering their career, either by improving us or by improving their reputation. 

I think we'd need to recruit from within, and I think probably the most likely option would be Cowans.

That's just defeatism of the highest order. We have an okay[ish] squad, certainly something that can be built upon. As bad as he is, Lerner is still good for (on average) around a £20m per season spend. Not to mention that our managers reportedly get paid something like £2m per year. Oh, and we play in the Premier League.

There are many decent managers we can attract, certainly ones better than the current occupant anyway. Obviously, a few of the names suggested on here are unrealistic, as you always get, but to say we can't attract a better manager than Paul Lambert? I'm sorry but no, just no.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Â