Paul Lambert

limpid

"I think that is the most we have had of the ball, possession-wise, but that is why I'm never one for stats. The main stat is putting the ball in the net and keeping it out," Lambert told Sky Sports News.

"I thought we defended poorly for the two goals. We have got to be more clinical in the last third of the pitch but the two goals are disappointing because we had most of the ball."

So how does he propose we become more clinical or defend better? Who else is there left in the squad to make any kind of a difference apart from Grealish who is a huge talent but incredibly light weight and not even making the match day squad. Okore? Who despite being being fit enough to play for Denmark isn't considered so for Villa.

When was the last time we beat a Spurs who were on form or off form? They could field their over 60s team and beat us right now.

Maybe a manager who cared about and understood statistics would be able to take us out of the dark ages. 

Thought Lambert showed in his interview tonight that he has no clue what is wrong at Villa, and hence no idea how to put it right. Just hoping for the best will get us so far if we are lucky but he needs a proper strategy for the way we play.

I have heard him asked, many (far too many) times... "How do you put this right".... And he has only ever said " you have to".

For a long time I thought this was mere evasiveness, cards close to chest and all that.

I'm afraid I am now sure that that actually is it. That is the plan. The whole plan.

That would explain the lack of changes.

Actually reminiscent of Sven. We all thought behind the bland comments was a genius. But there was just a bland (albeit successful!) interior.

some fans do think there is a genius in there somewhere, they do with lots of managers.....it usually ends up like Father christmas a huge disappointment that he ain't real.

its all a charade....."the manager knows best" yeah sure he does.

Already posted this in the ratings and reactions thread but I'm quite late so gunna put it here too.

For me, it's not the fact that we've lost 5 games in a row. 4 of those Chelsea, City, Everton and Arsenal) were in the top 6 last year, I'm really not that surprised by those results to be honest and I'm surprised other fans are. When you look back at the games we've already played though, be honest with yourselves, are you really that shocked at the outcome so far? Wins against Hull and Stoke. Win against Liverpool, who are obviously miles better than us. And a draw against Newcastle, who also have a stronger squad. Having said that I'm not defending Lambert OR the players at all. 

What annoys me is the absolutely embarrassing lack of control whilst in possession - we can barely hold on to the **** ball?! The lack of creativity is also embarrassing, and i could probably count our shots on target on my fingers and toes. Were also absolutely toothless in front of goal. We've seen some decent defensive performances this season, which is a big contrast from the past 4. Unfortunately i didn't see the game as i was at work but QPR haven't been great so far, we'd lost 4 in a row and i was expecting a result (aka 3 points). But apparently we were pretty awful according to a lot of pro's, journo's and commentators. I'd like to see Lambert and Keane be ruthless with our players now. They aren't good enough on the ball at all and the fans are extremely irate - and something needs to be done about it before a shitstorm emerges. 

Worst thing for me its his 3rd season now and nothings changed, we still cant defend, score, create or get a consistently decent amount of the ball. I hate the fact that it comes down to this every year talking about Lambert out and relegation but to me it just doesn't ever seem like Lambert will succeed here and if he left right now his tenure would be remembered as pretty damn brutal.

He could literally win 20 of the last 29 games and his win % here still wouldn't be respectable.

Read some posts we may have lost a handful of games in a row and not even scored but to go on about relegation after considering the run of games is pure stupidity.

Worry about that if the form continues for a few more

Rubbish.

I'm extremely worried about the prospect of relegation, we seem to be in a perpetual state of regression under Lambert in terms of attacking threat and I just can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Mostly Benteke when he's fully fit and firing.

Win and we would have been level with utd lose and getting relegated.

LOL

What an idiotic argument. It's far to early in the season to be using another teams position as a benchmark, especially one as widely accepted to be under-performing as United. 

Also the majority, possibly all, of the worries are directed at our performances, not current point total, I'm sure you knew that but would have rendered your LOL inducing United line moot wouldn't it.

And yeah okay, I also hope Benteke starts smashing anyway all these chances we aren't creating.

Paul lambert is so shit as a manager id rather villa shut down than watch his shit football if villa said we are disbanding i would be ok but him in charge makes me so angry i canr describe it. Paul lambert cannot manage us he has broke every record and us still going does that sound like a decent manager does it bollocks lambert is shit.

Too many people on here are supporting Lambert to the detriment of Aston Villa, they'd rather see the Villa go down than admit Lamberts got it wrong.

Nah we just have perspective

LOL

What an idiotic argument. It's far to early in the season to be using another teams position as a benchmark, especially one as widely accepted to be under-performing as United.

Also the majority, possibly all, of the worries are directed at our performances, not current point total, I'm sure you knew that but would have rendered your LOL inducing United line moot wouldn't it.

And yeah okay, I also hope Benteke starts smashing anyway all these chances we aren't creating.

Too early to judge them but not too early to judge us.

Ok

Lambert will never take us forward because he is a negative negative manager he cant see when we need a change. I honestly believe astin villa is a piosoned chalice if you are a football manager aston villa is not the place for you. Things have never been so low yeah we had them 4 tough fixtures but performance wise we have been woeful we always help teams or players who are struggling.

Edited by villan501

Oh and as to my earlier statement i defo think lambert has either gone mental in changing room but more probable he has cried in interview his face was red and eyes bloodshot people take alook.

Edited by villan501

Too many people on here are supporting Lambert to the detriment of Aston Villa, they'd rather see the Villa go down than admit Lamberts got it wrong.

Nah we just have perspective

LOL

Too early to judge them but not too early to judge us.

Ok

Eh?

Van Gaal only arrived this summer, we've had multiple seasons of regressive tripe under Lambert on which to judge.

Although it's now apparent from your response to the above poster that you are trolling.

Edited by penguin

LOL

Seriously? Dude, we are now conceding a shit load of goals - which is another issue to go along with our inability to score. It is also very disappointing that we are relying on Benteke again to score the majority of our goals.

Â