Paul Lambert

limpid

for those crowing about our early form like we were Real Madrid for a few games:

We had a good unexpected result against Stoke, were Senderos and Vlaar looked immense. We didn't expect to win, we didn't create a lot of chances either.

The draw against Newcastle was good also because we have been beaten by them so often in recent seasons, we never looked like winning that game though.

We did our usual bullsh*t in the cup vs Orient so no change there.

We played very well against a poor Hull side, possibly the only game we had a tiny bit of composure going fwd.

The Liverpool game we came steaming out of the blocks like a freight train, scored and then sat back and weathered the storm. But in context Liverpool have been awful this season, without Suarez and Sturridge they have been dire.

Every other game we have played since we have have not showed one glimmer of anything worth building on or being positive about, we have not threatened anyone, we have not been solid defensively or good in possession. No two players has showed any form at all, we've had a few sporadic cameos up and down the pitch but as a team we've been consistently poor.

if you re-read the last para you can apply that to 75% of Lambert's reign.

Every-time we have built up a head of steam and showed potential that momentum has vanished.

Weimann and Gabby haven't been consistently good for years now, they've both scored important goals but as strikers we need them to score week in week out and they don't.

Tekkers has been awesome for a total of half a season his talent isn't in question, just his luck and injuries and recovering form has ultimately cushioned his impact on the club. We can't wait another ten games for him to single handedly save us. 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Just read the stat that no team has ever taken more than 7 pts from the first 4 games and then been relegated.

Season over?

Just another record for Lambert to smash :P Just joking!!

Doesn't feel like a joke anymore.... :(

hahahaha.... new record: Lost five games in a row without scoring. Cool.

The season changed Half time at Anfield. We had destroyed them - we could have been 0-3 up.....bring on the second half I thought.....then we just sat back and contained them...we didn't try to play...seems at half time the fear of loosing kicked in...ok it got us the points that day...but we've remained in fear mode ever since...

• Like 1

What's a few more weeks really going to change?

It'll waste some time while we lose against all our relegation rivals, making whoever came in have that much harder of a job. 

Of course we all know he won't be sacked until we're actually mathematically relegated, but it doesn't mean that today wasn't a watershed moment. 

I'm out. He's underachieved repeatedly. At any other club, even in the bottom half, he'd have been sacked at this point. We've been more than patient, but yet again, I don't see us getting to 38 points easily, and probably not at all. 

Where is the manager that we took from Norwich?

Where is the attacking exciting play we were expecting?

I watched 300 Rise of an empire last night and there was a phrase which summed it all up for me:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Stop being paralysed by your own fear and have a f***ing go, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the last words Reeva Steenkamp said.

If he just showed us some sign that he's trying to fix it. Show us some willingness to change things for the better.

Everyone could see it wasn't working and he has 25 mins while we were still in the game to do something else, change things, mix it up, look for a new way.

We get two subs who come on when we are 2-0 down and play exactly the same ineffective way.

I could do that for 500k a year Randy!!!!

It simply not good enough.

• Like 1

The season changed Half time at Anfield. We had destroyed them - we could have been 0-3 up.....bring on the second half I thought.....then we just sat back and contained them...we didn't try to play...seems at half time the fear of loosing kicked in...ok it got us the points that day...but we've remained in fear mode ever since...

Our approach in that game was absolutely correct. We contained them pretty easily in all honesty.

Unfortunately it's many of the games since then where we've not had the right approach.

Edited by Mantis

Where's the "no I don't think we'd get anyone better" option?

Jesus, there must be some really shit managers out there.

It's not about who's out there it's who would come here. IMO I can't see many wanting to take the job under the current ownership and all the uncertainty that surrounds it.

If I had a cast iron guarantee that we'd get someone like Moyes then I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Lambert going - unfortunately I don't think we could get Moyes.

Fair enough. I disagree though.

Just when you think Lambert can't break more dismal records....

When was the last time we lost 5 in the league? I can remember a few times we lost 4 times on the bounce but not 5. And we must be close to surpassing our non scoring record.

Just dismal on top of the last 2 years.

It's not about who's out there it's who would come here. IMO I can't see many wanting to take the job under the current ownership and all the uncertainty that surrounds it.

If I had a cast iron guarantee that we'd get someone like Moyes then I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Lambert going - unfortunately I don't think we could get Moyes.

You think we could attract someone like Moyes?

You think we could attract someone like Moyes?

I'm not 100% convinced Moyes would be the man, but if we wanted him - yes, and of course I would back him.

I'll think up some potential targets when my brain wakes up.

There's David Moyes out there waiting. A man who has taken a team who haven't had much cash over the years and consistently lost their best players to the Mancs to be pushing regularly for top 6.

Before it's too late I'm afraid I've lost faith in a guy who is so paralysed by his own fear he can't see the woods for the trees.

Enough is enough now. I've not said this before but:

Lambert has to go.

Where is the manager that we took from Norwich?

Where is the attacking exciting play we were expecting?

I watched 300 Rise of an empire last night and there was a phrase which summed it all up for me:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Stop being paralysed by your own fear and have a f***ing go, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a quote in a Rise Against song from a movie I dont know that mocks this point.

"What you don't understand is that it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" "But you have it backwards? It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees"

Completely off topic but I thought I'd throw that in. I don't see how the quote relates to a manager of a football club anyway but I like it.

B0_KYJjIEAAovCg.png

Just about sums it up!

38% possession. Excuse the french but f**k me. Lambert doesn't seem to have any sort of plan or philosophy.  Its either aimless possession football or long ball to the strikers on the counter. Our set pieces and crossing, such as strength under MON (who in fairness had lots of money), has been useless for over 2 years. The only improvement at the start of the season was the defense, and not that has gone to pot.  I backed him all the way until Fulham at home last season when I realised he was poop. The first 4 games this year was a pleasant distraction but the cold reality is that we have a under funded squad with a failed football manager who will never get sacked. I fear for the rest of the season folks. 

I think there are some tickets left for Spurs. We will do well to get 30,000 in at this rate. The club is dying by indifference.

The one hope that I'm clinging onto is that Senderos returning next week (fingers crossed) will shore up the defence. Liverpool aside our defending has been abject when either him or Vlaar have been absent from the team. It's annoying really because we've gone from being dependent on Vlaar to now being dependent on both Vlaar and Senderos.

Â