Paul Lambert

limpid

If only we cheered louder. I bet grant holt would become faster, Westwood stronger and our players would pass the ball to their own team more. Dam you villa fans.

Sounds like a plan we should try it one game to see if it works.
Cool, I'll look out for you starting a few chants.
Nah, I think I'll just boo every time something happens that I don't like.

Why would you do that? You've just been having a go at people who boo.

thatsthejoke.jpg

I wasn't "having a go" at people who boo though, just pointing out that it doesn't help the team when it's done during the game.

I made a facetious post earlier, but that was in reaction to criticism of fellow fans - I don't think Villa fans are any worse than any other set of supporters, certainly I have sat in the home end at Goodison and you could hear a pin drop. I think circumstances have conspired over four years of (perceived) underperformance and poor home results to create a situation where our fans are quick to lose heart. Anyway, I thought I would have a look around for any research on the influence of fans upon sports teams in general and found this article: Home Advantage.

My view is that it would be great if Villa Park could unite, show patience and be a positive influence upon the team each and every game, but that this isn't a realistic prospect given how we have been playing for such a sustained period of time. If the miracle did occur, it could well provide us with an edge in tightly-contested matches, and we might even get a few more decisions in our favour.

The second, and this is Lambert's fault, I think the reason for our bad home form has nothing to do with the fans positivity or negativity or ability or no number 10 player, I would say the crucial thing is the fact we have the widest pitch in the football league yet insist on playing the narrowest of formations at home. If we played a proper 4-5-1 with 2 decent wingers we could exploit the space. It would have been ideal this season with Benteke but if Lambert did decide to do it He'll be gone by next season and we'd have to hope on Kozak stepping up or a new decent striker

Good theory but we actually have one of the narrowest pitches in the premier league. Also, we would get slaughtered in midfield with two wingers - who do you know who play two wingers successfully?

The second, and this is Lambert's fault, I think the reason for our bad home form has nothing to do with the fans positivity or negativity or ability or no number 10 player, I would say the crucial thing is the fact we have the widest pitch in the football league yet insist on playing the narrowest of formations at home. If we played a proper 4-5-1 with 2 decent wingers we could exploit the space. It would have been ideal this season with Benteke but if Lambert did decide to do it He'll be gone by next season and we'd have to hope on Kozak stepping up or a new decent striker

Good theory but we actually have one of the narrowest pitches in the premier league. Also, we would get slaughtered in midfield with two wingers - who do you know who play two wingers successfully?

This, the only PL club with a narrower pitch than us is West Ham i believe

European champions Bayern Munich?

• Like 2

So if we win today who gets the credit? Lambo or those of us going to villa park?

Why does everything have to be so black and white?

If we win today: 

The players deservedly get some of the credit (most notably the scorers, or the defenders if we keep a clean sheet etc...)

Lambert deservedly gets some credit for setting us up in the correct way tactically. 

The fans get some credit for roaring on the team.

Not very often in this world are things down to solely one person. Often credit and/or blame is shared between various different people. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 3

According to the 2013/2014 Premier League Handbook, all PL pitches are 68 metres wide, except Fulham (65 m), Crystal Palace and Stoke (66 m), Tottenham (67 m) and Chelsea (67,5 m). 

According to the 2013/2014 Premier League Handbook, all PL pitches are 68 metres wide, except Fulham (65 m), Crystal Palace and Stoke (66 m), Tottenham (67 m) and Chelsea (67,5 m).

I don't think that's accurate. Reluctantly I agree with Ulver

The Premier League 2013/2014 handbook clearly states:

"The Pitch 

K.15. Unless otherwise permitted by the Board, in League Matches the length of the pitch shall be 105 metres and its breadth 68 metres.

K.16. The Board shall only give permission to a Club for the dimensions of its pitch to be other than as set out in Rule K.15 if it is impossible for it to comply with Rule K.15 due to the nature of the construction of its ground."

The Premier League 2013/2014 handbook clearly states:

"The Pitch 

K.15. Unless otherwise permitted by the Board, in League Matches the length of the pitch shall be 105 metres and its breadth 68 metres.

K.16. The Board shall only give permission to a Club for the dimensions of its pitch to be other than as set out in Rule K.15 if it is impossible for it to comply with Rule K.15 due to the nature of the construction of its ground."

which is 115 x 72 yards

only West Ham at 110 x 70 yards have a narrower pitch according to published pitch sizes

http://www.openplay.co.uk/blog/premiership-football-pitch-sizes-2013-2014/

So if we win today who gets the credit? Lambo or those of us going to villa park?

Well if we lose it will be Paul Lambert/Randy Lerner's fault so I reckon you probably deserve the credit if we win.

Your support for the team is **** awesome after all.

Well if we lose it will be Paul Lambert/Randy Lerner's fault so I reckon you probably deserve the credit if we win.

Your support for the team is **** awesome after all.

Thanks man. That means a lot.

• Like 1

Â