Paul Lambert

limpid

We have 3 games left? We should sack him and install Sid as caretaker manager. 

He just can't motivate the players he has to want to survive. Awful. 

This club needs a massive clear out, manager, some backroom staff, chairman, board and players, this club is an utter, utters shameless right to its rotten core. 

Which silly tactics?

Narrow diamond with no width, 3 at the back and long ball football are a few.

Do you really think he's doing nothing wrong?

No, I'm just not qualified to say what's good or bad tactics. Doesn't a narrow diamond allow you to win the midfield, the most important area? Allowing players like Westwood and Delph to control the midfield against better players?

3/5 at the back has worked before and it's what I'd play on Saturday. We look decidedly more solid defensively like that.

Finally, isn't everyone saying we should play long ball football as it's the most effective with limited players? Like Pulis is doing with Palace?

When fans can't agree what's good or bad tactics, who's qualified to say if they're right or wrong?

He needs to be sacked right away. We are in free fall and none of the players seem to want to play for him and there is a total lack of fight and motivation. It's suicide to keep him for a game longer

We need to be qualified now to say whether tactics are good or bad? :rolleyes:

Surely its painfully obvious by our dire performances but what do I know he could be a tactical mastermind.

You do know what qualified means?

Lambert should stay. Silly to fire a manager so late into a season. Every manager has a rough spell. Rodgers when he was at Reading. Now he is top of the league with Liverpool. Ferguson in his early years at Manchester United having had success with all his clubs up until then. If Villa gets relegated, who else is better than Lambert to get the team back up anyway? Yes, it is ugly football, but for the love of Villa, I believe Lambert has learned a lesson or two this season about both himself and player psychology. I have a bad feeling about getting rid of him as a manager, because like those examples above, it shows you that you that good managers learn from bad experiences, and I don't want another team getting the benefits of this.

• Like 1

I don't think tactics matter when players aren't good enough.

It can only get you so far but they cant be underestimated. Plenty of managers have taken over sides and with minimum turnover of players have caused a drastic positive or negative effect on the results, Just look at United and Palace for examples from this year. What else can this be contributed to if not the tactics and play-style the manager employs.

The players have shown a few times that they are capable of playing good stuff, I think it needs to go down as Lambert's failing that he could not achieve any kind of consistency.

• Like 1

I can't seem to quote.

Re: Pulis

And he spent millions to get mid table with that football, the net outlay (according to the article I posted this morning) was more than Arsenal.

Edited by dodgyknees

We need to be qualified now to say whether tactics are good or bad? :rolleyes:

Surely its painfully obvious by our dire performances but what do I know he could be a tactical mastermind.

You do know what qualified means?

Sorry, I'm not qualified to answer that.

Lambert should stay. Silly to fire a manager so late into a season. Every manager has a rough spell. Rodgers when he was at Reading. Now he is top of the league with Liverpool. Ferguson in his early years at Manchester United having had success with all his clubs up until then. If Villa gets relegated, who else is better than Lambert to get the team back up anyway? Yes, it is ugly football, but for the love of Villa, I believe Lambert has learned a lesson or two this season about both himself and player psychology. I have a bad feeling about getting rid of him as a manager, because like those examples above, it shows you that you that good managers learn from bad experiences, and I don't want another team getting the benefits of this.

That has to be extreme trolling, surely?

And for the last time, Ferguson's 'early years' weren't as bad as is made out when trotted out in debates like this.  He came second in his second year.  And Lambert clearly never, ever learns anything, and I'd be more than willing to gamble on him going off and being the next Ferguson somewhere else.

Â