Paul Lambert

limpid

No manager would deliberately try to relegate a club. It will damage his cv. He has though i feel run out of ideas and his confidence is shot. I think we will be extremely fortunate to escape relegation and its a shocking state of affairs to be relying on others to fail in order to save ourselves. A bloody disgrace if im honest.

Yes I know and hope that is the case.

Look at Mourinho though and how he has detracted the pressure from his players, his motivation is incredible and love him or hate him he has the skills. What is Lambert doing to take the pressure off the players because he surely should be trying something?

The project. Haha what a great thing that was.

Lambert is a fuc#$&g idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games.

Can anyone explain wht Lambert sticks to these silly tactics at home when everyone ( except him ) seems to realise that they are not working.

As far as some of the comments above about what Lambert could do with the restraints placed upon him and comparing Lambert to Moyes and Pullis.Its really quite simple Moyes and Pullis DID NOT go streight in and get rid of ALL the experience at the start.As far as the $$$ avaiable is concerned surley Lambert was told before he signed on about that, but obviously he decided that he can keep a team in the toughest league in the world by signing bargain basement players.

Err LOL
As the games go on your ability to defend him gets worse and worse.
I don't need to defend him my points are clear on the manager and more importantly the owner. That guy was just funny

You can't defend him and you were wrong. There was no plan to be ambitious again.

Good thing we have you as an insider to know these facts.

I have always backed the current manager at villa cause the budget he has been given is a joke but I think he is a dead man walking now as the majority of the fans have turned on him I would be hard to get them back on side whatever he does

I have always backed the current manager at villa cause the budget he has been given is a joke but I think he is a dead man walking now as the majority of the fans have turned on him I would be hard to get them back on side whatever he does

Hasn't he had a net spend of over £20m per season? That's more than enough not to be in a relegation battle.

The project. Haha what a great thing that was.

Lambert is a fuc#$&g idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games.

Can anyone explain wht Lambert sticks to these silly tactics at home when everyone ( except him ) seems to realise that they are not working.

As far as some of the comments above about what Lambert could do with the restraints placed upon him and comparing Lambert to Moyes and Pullis.Its really quite simple Moyes and Pullis DID NOT go streight in and get rid of ALL the experience at the start.As far as the $$$ avaiable is concerned surley Lambert was told before he signed on about that, but obviously he decided that he can keep a team in the toughest league in the world by signing bargain basement players.

Err LOL
As the games go on your ability to defend him gets worse and worse.
I don't need to defend him my points are clear on the manager and more importantly the owner. That guy was just funny
You can't defend him and you were wrong. There was no plan to be ambitious again.

Good thing we have you as an insider to know these facts.

Or you could just use common sense.

Hasn't he had a net spend of over £20m per season? That's more than enough not to be in a relegation battle.

He has indeed. Could have just added 2 or 3 quality players and used some of the reserves to fill the squad out considering some of the players he's bought are just as good as them and rarely play

Edited by tomh621

He has indeed. Could have just added 2 or 3 quality players and used some of the reserves to fill the squad out considering some of the players he's bought are just as good as them and rarely play

Yes agreed. I have said this before but was shot down. Seems like Lambert 'had' to go out and buy a lot of players to build up the squad.

Seeing as most of those he bought are poor it baffles me why he couldn't spend the money on a couple of decent players and, like you said, pan out the squad with players from the reserves as at least they would be more likely to want to play and bust a gut to win.

Would be interesting to know what has happened to cause our form to collapse **** badly, but I don't think we'll ever know. The loss of our form was so drastic that something must've happened as even without Benteke we weren't as utterly shit as we are now.

• Like 2

Yes agreed. I have said this before but was shot down. Seems like Lambert 'had' to go out and buy a lot of players to build up the squad.

Seeing as most of those he bought are poor it baffles me why he couldn't spend the money on a couple of decent players and, like you said, pan out the squad with players from the reserves as at least they would be more likely to want to play and bust a gut to win.

Well thats the thing he didn't know they'd be shit but when you're paying that little it does give you an idea….

Well thats the thing he didn't know they'd be shit but when you're paying that little it does give you an idea….

He ought to have had an idea based on scouting them too (assuming he bothered to).

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

As they say " two heads are better than one". The majority are usually right for a reason.

Would be interesting to know what has happened to cause our form to collapse **** badly, but I don't think we'll ever know. The loss of our form was so drastic that something must've happened as even without Benteke we weren't as utterly shit as we are now.

Yep - We Just beat Chelsea and went 1-0 up v stoke .......that was as good as it got. 

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert. I don't think it's his fault the mess we're all in and I'd prefer to stick with him.

I agree Darren.

I don't think he's the root of all our problems. In fact I cannot imagine any manager doing any better in the circumstances.

We need changes at the club financially which will hopefully come this summer and I for one would like to see lambert given a season without financial constraints as I think sacking him now after him keeping us safe with a championship team two seasons in a row would be a bit harsh.

I know some people will point out that he signed lower league players etc but with the wage structure as it is that's about all he could do.

You don't think any other manager would do better than 18 defeats in a season and who built that championship team?
No personally I don't. With that wage structure in place I think he's done about as well as he could without pulling up trees

I think with his first season Success of Benteke, Lowton, Westwood - he got a bit of a good complex  ..."I ll just wheel in few cheapies from Europe - we will be sorted'  - not only did they nearly all flop - but the successes in season 1 - couldn't carry that form in season 2. Still think if either Benteke, Kozak Okore had been fit we would be a bit more comfortable. But realistically the defence always looked a bit light on senior pro's - and thats proved our undoing....

I think with his first season Success of Benteke, Lowton, Westwood - he got a bit of a good complex  ..."I ll just wheel in few cheapies from Europe - we will be sorted'  - not only did they nearly all flop - but the successes in season 1 - couldn't carry that form in season 2. Still think if either Benteke, Kozak Okore had been fit we would be a bit more comfortable. But realistically the defence always looked a bit light on senior pro's - and thats proved our undoing....

I agree, also I think due our form in the last third of the season convinced Lerner the Scrooge not to give him more leeway with the salaries because "They were so good with the cheap young players, we can replicate it next season"

Â