Paul Lambert

limpid

Not saying we aint been patient. Infact I've never known us be so patient but yes football fans are hard too please. I think our fanbase is very hard too please. Its not a dig its just my opinion. Averaged 35k last season and 36k this season, very good support.

Considering the history AMc had and the fact we didn't want him here, I think he was given a lot of time by the fans. Wasn't until about this point in the season when we lost at home to Bolton that fans really called for his head.

Not true. Don't you remember the massive protest at Villa Park in the summer? You know the day after he was appointed before a ball had been kicked?

The only thing making this job difficult is the owner and Lambert was more than happy to join him and consistently praises him in the media.

I wouldn't expect Lambert to openly criticise Lerner in a media interview.... It would be career suicide...

The only thing making this job difficult is the owner and Lambert was more than happy to join him and consistently praises him in the media.

I wouldn't expect Lambert to openly criticise Lerner in a media interview.... It would be career suicide...

He doesn't have to praise him though.

Considering the history AMc had and the fact we didn't want him here, I think he was given a lot of time by the fans. Wasn't until about this point in the season when we lost at home to Bolton that fans really called for his head.

Not true. Don't you remember the massive protest at Villa Park in the summer? You know the day after he was appointed before a ball had been kicked?

Indeed. And when the season started? Great support for him at Fulham and against the following week at home. I even went to the pre-season game at Derby where we were awful and no fans were on his back. Once the football started, the fans backed him.

Yep he took the job on that many managers would not of touched with a barge pole. Well he's going too praise him aint he, lerner has kept him in a job even though the past two seasons have been piss poor. I'm on about lambert btw

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Aston villa is one of the most difficult jobs in english football, the fans are known too be very hard too please and are known too get on the players and managers back very quickly. Not a dig, we are what we are. Its a very difficult club too manage at the best of times let alone when the owner is cutting everything right down, transfer budget,wages etc. Let's be honest he inherited a load of shit, our wage bill was sky high and we were one of the biggest spending clubs under o'neill. He also shipped players in that were not good enough. I personally don't think lambert has had the freedom too do what he wanted too do. He signed up knowing what was expected of him, survive on a shoe string budget paying championship wages. Once the books were balanced we could move forward. In lerners eyes he's done everything he got asked too do, in the fans eyes he's a joke. I've not been impressed but I'd like him too be given 50m and say here you are go and do what you want too do. He's already stated that the players he wants next season will cost money. For all lamberts faults I see a young ish manager with ambition. He knows where this club should be and I truly believe he wants too lead us there. Some might laugh at the ambition remark but I'm afraid it aint lambert with no ambition its lerner. But in a sense can you blame lerner for wanting too get the books in order? We spent a lot of money and paid big wages under o'neill all for nothing really when you look back.

I don't want to appear a grammar nazi but please learn the difference between too an to.

It's painful too read  ;)

Aston villa is one of the most difficult jobs in english football, the fans are known too be very hard too please and are known too get on the players and managers back very quickly. Not a dig, we are what we are. Its a very difficult club too manage at the best of times let alone when the owner is cutting everything right down, transfer budget,wages etc. Let's be honest he inherited a load of shit, our wage bill was sky high and we were one of the biggest spending clubs under o'neill. He also shipped players in that were not good enough. I personally don't think lambert has had the freedom too do what he wanted too do. He signed up knowing what was expected of him, survive on a shoe string budget paying championship wages. Once the books were balanced we could move forward. In lerners eyes he's done everything he got asked too do, in the fans eyes he's a joke. I've not been impressed but I'd like him too be given 50m and say here you are go and do what you want too do. He's already stated that the players he wants next season will cost money. For all lamberts faults I see a young ish manager with ambition. He knows where this club should be and I truly believe he wants too lead us there. Some might laugh at the ambition remark but I'm afraid it aint lambert with no ambition its lerner. But in a sense can you blame lerner for wanting too get the books in order? We spent a lot of money and paid big wages under o'neill all for nothing really when you look back.

I don't want to appear a grammar nazi but please learn the difference between too an to.

Yep you could also use isn't or haven't instead of ain't. It's so much nicer to read :)

I don't want to appear to be a grammar Nazi, but I will anyway.  ;)

My grammer aint the best, infact its got worse as I've got older but i could not give a monkeys if I'm honest. In my line of work I don't need to write letters or whatever. Infact can't remember last time I done much writing or typing apart from on here. If its a problem for some posters don't read my posts, but yes I do need too take more time with my grammer as its very lazy. Anyway back on topic.

• Like 1

Bang on about Lambert & Lerner. He brought in players for small transfer fees and paid them low wages (in the football world).

I personally think the fans have been very patient though, especially last season. This season many started to doubt the manager due the lack of progress made. Not only by the players but the managers tactics as well.

36k is a fantastic average crowd when you consider the dross that we have to watch. Plenty of effort but little or no quality.

No idea if its been mentioned but listened to the radio WM post match broadcast from yesterday and apparently at full time the few players that went over to the away fans at the final whistle Vlaar was one of them were shooed away and basically told to piss off by the away fans

Last season we went on the 8 game run over Christmas without winning and we're on a 6 game run at the moment, bottom of the form table..

table.png

One bitten, twice the sack!!

Â