Paul Lambert

limpid

I like Lambert, I really do! He's a nice guy and he's tried to do a job within the parameters he's been set, however; it's just not good enough. Yes, he had a limited transfer budget but it's on him how it gets spent. Bringing in young players is all well and good if you're a strong team who can afford to wait for that "Bedding In" period, which we can't. It gets even more frustrating when the players he brings in don't start and some don't even make the damn bench. Then, when he realises that we need experience to help some of our youngsters it's too late and the best he can do is bring in Grant Holt....(The Horror).

The position we're in at the moment, I accept that we can't expect the big name signings and some of the players we bring in are going to be rather "Unfashionable" which is the way when you're budget restricted! However' teams in and around us and even above us have done that and it's worked out for them because they have that old fashioned grit which is required to grind out results, which our youngsters are unfortunately unable to do.

I don't like calling for managers heads, I imagine it's a tough job having the expectations of thousands of fans on your shoulders, but that's the nature of the job and that is what he's paid for and he's done very little to meet those expectations.

#LambertOut

Last season we went on the 8 game run over Christmas without winning and we're on a 6 game run at the moment, bottom of the form table..

table.png

One bitten, twice the sack!!

Look at that, Jesus.  And when you think that that list of shame includes Swansea, Palace, Fulham and Stoke, it makes it even harder to take.

Last season we went on the 8 game run over Christmas without winning and we're on a 6 game run at the moment, bottom of the form table..

table.png

One bitten, twice the sack!!

Look at that, Jesus.  And when you think that that list of shame includes Swansea, Palace, Fulham and Stoke, it makes it even harder to take.

When was the last time Newcastle won a game as well.... Must have been us

You're right mate! Moyes has managed at a top level for a very long time and got the best out of Everton with a very limited budget. Which then won him the Manchester United post, even though it didn't work out for him. He still has what it takes to manage at the top level and we would be very lucky to have such a manager.

Yes, but there is so much more involved. I wouldn't want us to jump on Pulis over 4 months work, it would be yet more short term thinking. Also he spent a lot of money on average at Stoke, and the football was similar to what we currently see.

Yet would he have the same type of result record that Lambert has accumulated with us?

Also you have missed my point in that I'm not saying we should have Pulis as our manager but it was more as a comparison in what a manager can do with better organisational skills, particularly in defence when faced with limited players and a limited budget.

It is a valid comparison when challenging those who say that another manager faced with the same restrictions as Lambert couldn't have achieved better.

Yes, but there is so much more involved. I wouldn't want us to jump on Pulis over 4 months work, it would be yet more short term thinking. Also he spent a lot of money on average at Stoke, and the football was similar to what we currently see.

To be fair, the football was a bit better than what we are seeing. The home fans saw a fair few more victories under Pulis - indeed that was the bedrock of their success. If your ambition is to be a stable mid-lower table team, the least you can do is try to give your home crowd something to cheer about.

foreign manager please. British managers are below par at the moment. the gettable ones anyway.

I refer you to the manager who is top of the league. But id also like a foreign manager. I'm tired of Scottish and Irish ones. They're just boring me now

foreign manager please. British managers are below par at the moment. the gettable ones anyway.

I refer you to the manager who is top of the league. But id also like a foreign manager. I'm tired of Scottish and Irish ones. They're just boring me now
he's not gettable though!

Lambert is a fuc#$&g  idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games. 

Can anyone explain wht Lambert sticks to these silly tactics at home when everyone ( except him ) seems to realise that they are not working.

As far as some of the comments above about what Lambert could do with the restraints placed upon him and comparing Lambert to Moyes and Pullis.Its really quite simple Moyes and Pullis DID NOT go streight in and get rid of ALL the experience at the start.As far as the $$$ avaiable is concerned surley Lambert was told before he signed on about that, but obviously he decided that he can keep a team in the toughest league in the world by signing bargain basement players.

Lambert is a fuc#$&g idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games.

Can anyone explain wht Lambert sticks to these silly tactics at home when everyone ( except him ) seems to realise that they are not working.

As far as some of the comments above about what Lambert could do with the restraints placed upon him and comparing Lambert to Moyes and Pullis.Its really quite simple Moyes and Pullis DID NOT go streight in and get rid of ALL the experience at the start.As far as the $$$ avaiable is concerned surley Lambert was told before he signed on about that, but obviously he decided that he can keep a team in the toughest league in the world by signing bargain basement players.

Err LOL

Lambert is a fuc#$&g idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games.

Err LOL

As the games go on your ability to defend him gets worse and worse.

Ive no doubt Moyes would not be a bad manager to have here. Problem is as us fans are saying the club is rotton to the core. This means if we have new owners (here's praying) we need a manger from the continent, someone who can install a complete new philosophy in the club new style and im sure this will influence the back end of the club too so ensuring a change from top to bottom, Then we can start to build a team equal to the top European clubs.

• Like 4

I am not defending him,as far as I am concerned he should have gone l o n g ago.

In fact if you care to go back to 4/5 games into last season you will see that I did not like him even then ( his stupidness showed out as far back as that )

I like Lambert, I really do! He's a nice guy and he's tried to do a job within the parameters he's been set, however; it's just not good enough. Yes, he had a limited transfer budget but it's on him how it gets spent. Bringing in young players is all well and good if you're a strong team who can afford to wait for that "Bedding In" period, which we can't. It gets even more frustrating when the players he brings in don't start and some don't even make the damn bench. Then, when he realises that we need experience to help some of our youngsters it's too late and the best he can do is bring in Grant Holt....(The Horror).

The position we're in at the moment, I accept that we can't expect the big name signings and some of the players we bring in are going to be rather "Unfashionable" which is the way when you're budget restricted! However' teams in and around us and even above us have done that and it's worked out for them because they have that old fashioned grit which is required to grind out results, which our youngsters are unfortunately unable to do.

I don't like calling for managers heads, I imagine it's a tough job having the expectations of thousands of fans on your shoulders, but that's the nature of the job and that is what he's paid for and he's done very little to meet those expectations.

#LambertOut

...lets be a bit careful here, those expectations by the majority of Villa Fans is very low or very reasonable.....what we are experiencing is unacceptable..... despite the mitigation that is being rolled out after every defeat.

The worry now is.....The individual performances of our players has gone massively in reverse.

There are far too many players who are shadows of themselves compared to the early part of the season.

its most definitely a sinking ship.

Edited by TRO

Lambert is a fuc#$&g  idiot.

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann starts every game when he only averages something like 1 goal every 12 games. 

1. Because there's nobody we have who is better, has more experience, and has shown they can score the goals previously, which Weimann has.

2. Which silly tactics?

I expect Lambert was told he would be restricted with the budget, but I doubt he appreciated how much this would affect him. He probably overestimated how much he could get out of youngsters.

Â