Paul Lambert

limpid

This is my first post, i've finally joined the forum to vent my frustrations at this current situation we are all in. I like many, have had enough.

Like many, I've understood the constraints Lambert has been working under. Time after time, i've given it more time (as we all have). Poor results, poor performances and post-match Fifa, smashing the team we just lost to in attempt to make myself feel better. Anyway, I feel sorry for Lambert in a way. I have a little bit of empathy for him and the situation, but my patience has run out. I think the Leicester game did it for me. Baffling tactics. I listened to Andy Gray's interview yesterday and through his professional encryption could sense his opinion. He was saying sometimes a manager just doesn't fit with the club. I believe this to be true with Lambert and Villa. However I just cant see the alternative. If Lambert was sacked, i'd be more concerned who the next one would be. I'm not sure anyone could 'save' us. On the other hand a little bit of me thinks that anything could be better than this. In my 25 years as a Villa fan, this is the worst it's been for me. 

This football we all endure is even making me start to resent the premier league. 

Anyway this is not really a very enlightening post, there has been many more like it and unfortunately it looks like many more to come.

Just wanted to get off the mark as it were.

• Like 4

Ladies and gentlemen get ready were going down lambert has never been upto this job he just cant get it right. In his tenure he has a purple patch 16 games left he might win 5 tops where tho im unsure what is certain were gunna get a fair few more defeats. Its time to get rid it just does not work even lerner must know this.

This is my first post, i've finally joined the forum to vent my frustrations at this current situation we are all in. I like many, have had enough.

Like many, I've understood the constraints Lambert has been working under. Time after time, i've given it more time (as we all have). Poor results, poor performances and post-match Fifa, smashing the team we just lost to in attempt to make myself feel better. Anyway, I feel sorry for Lambert in a way. I have a little bit of empathy for him and the situation, but my patience has run out. I think the Leicester game did it for me. Baffling tactics. I listened to Andy Gray's interview yesterday and through his professional encryption could sense his opinion. He was saying sometimes a manager just doesn't fit with the club. I believe this to be true with Lambert and Villa. However I just cant see the alternative. If Lambert was sacked, i'd be more concerned who the next one would be. I'm not sure anyone could 'save' us. On the other hand a little bit of me thinks that anything could be better than this. In my 25 years as a Villa fan, this is the worst it's been for me. 

This football we all endure is even making me start to resent the premier league. 

Anyway this is not really a very enlightening post, there has been many more like it and unfortunately it looks like many more to come.

Good post mate and welcome. Join the vast majority who want this clown as far away from Villa Park as possible.

• Like 2

Welcome to the site and I'm sure a lot of us share your frustrations.

• Like 1

I find it criminal that a team with Guzan, Okore, Vlaar, Sanchez, Delph and Benteke in are struggling to string a pass together and create a chance. Shouldnnt have to rely on Gill to come in and supply the spark. We have a good back bone better than half the league and yet Lambert. Is able to produce some terrible results and performances. Clerverly is a stain on our history!

• Like 2

Lambert isn't going anywhere.

And he will take us down, no doubt  :(

Asking a full back as technically inept as Cissokho to play in the manner he does, is obscene.

For around eight matches now, Benteke has drifted off to the back post, crosses continue to fizz in near, or aimed near, does he not watch the game?

We are done.

It stuns me that grown men still make up childish names for a football manager they don't like.

Or take the time to point those things out like it matters

It bugs me too tbh.

me three. It's absolutely pathetic, and there's nothing going to make me immediately discredit an opinion than seeing "Lamebert" or "Lamberk" thrown in. FFS like

• Like 1

It stuns me that grown men still make up childish names for a football manager they don't like.

It bugs me too tbh.

me three. It's absolutely pathetic, and there's nothing going to make me immediately discredit an opinion than seeing "Lamebert" or "Lamberk" thrown in. FFS like

I just stop reading the posts that contain it, its truely pathetic.

It bugs me too tbh.

I don't post here often, when I do you are more than welcome to discredit it, it's your opinion. However, I'm sure you'd agree that I'm also welcome to say what I want and how I want to so if I think he's a berk I'll say so

Gone a little off topic though so let's not spoil a long thread

Edited by Tubby

I find it criminal that a team with Guzan, Okore, Vlaar, Sanchez, Delph and Benteke in are struggling to string a pass together and create a chance. Shouldnnt have to rely on Gill to come in and supply the spark. We have a good back bone better than half the league and yet Lambert. Is able to produce some terrible results and performances. Clerverly is a stain on our history!

Agreed, I think it just shows that Lambert is not getting the best out of this team. I think there is something or a lot of things going on behind the scenes. In terms of Cleverley, I was really optimistic when he joined, but i've now made up my mind that i'd like him to see the remainder of time he has left here on the bench. The only thing I saw of him once, was a dribble at the home game against Leicester, but even my Dog dribbles all the time. Surely Lambert can see this, and Gabby as well. I up until recently stood by Gabby's place in the squad, but he just seems to be getting poorer and poorer. Lambert just doesn't seem to combat any of the bad form. If you're in bad form, you get dropped for a few right, give someone else a go, competition for places and all that. It's these little things that rile me up, these are the basics  of management right? I mean it's what I do on football manager ha.

• Like 1

Shock horror, we play well when the team every fan wanted to see from the start, is actually on the pitch.

Lambert does himself no favours. Im not in the 'Lambert out' club, but I have no sympathy for him. His signings have been excellent but his team selection and negative tactics make him indefensible.

Hopefully he's learnt his lesson from today and he picks our best eleven from the start next week. This groups of players really shouldn't be where they are in the league.

Really can't defend him now. There's no excuse for this.

I'm not against sacking him, problem is I can't see anyone decent out there that we could get either. That isn't an argument against keeping Lambert by the way before I get jumped on by people thinking I'm defending, I'm just saying that I basically think we're **** either way.

• Like 1

What, like Billy McBingo?

David O'Dreary?

It's nothing new

• Like 1

Â