Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert was a uniquely incompetent manager. He'll make a good scout though. It was his signings that kept his head above water.

All professionals build a team of people who together form the managerial unit. He could never do this, he should have known his flaws and filled them. 

• Like 2

I am going to be completely selfish. I am only interested in the welfare of Aston Villa Football Club, Not Randy Lerner or Paul Lambert

There is so much money in this game that affects a managers decision, It also effects their dignity, he should have held on to that and resigned.

If he had of resigned, I would have had far more respect for him,he didn't he chose to be sacked.

We go again.

• Like 2

A relief for both parties I think, Lambert looked absolutely shattered last night.

Mixed feelings right now, he has a real eye for a player but getting a consistent performance out of them was impossible, every good result was normally followed by 3/4 defeats.

I said this to a lad at work today, being in the bottom 3 is nothing new, but in lamberts first year there was some real encouraging displays, last season we really suffered with bad injuries and was arguably the mitigating factor in us struggling in the final 3rd of the season, but this season has had absolutely no positives so far and we've looked like relegation fodder since October.

I sincerely hope he goes on to have a good career in management elsewhere.

• Like 1

The manager past or future are not the problem the board room level is the problem. What right minded manager would want to join villa. Unless you win the champions league you get a load of people calling for your head. O'leary hounded out mccleish hounded out Lambert hounded out. I'm not saying any of these are great managers but any future manager is going to look at vills say right boardroom chaos not budget and supports wanting you out the second things dont go well.

Good luck villa from this shambles to the next

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here and I genuinely liked him that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

this is my feelings too mark. Well put.

Correct. People who think Lambert getting the boot will change anything are sadly mistaken. This club has been brought to its knees by one man and im surprised we have stayed up as long as we have. Until we are shot of him we are going nowhere but downwards.

Will it change things completely? No.  Will it change an abysmal run of form over 20 games? Yes 

Thats all that matters right now.

How do you know it will change our run? I dont think it will because there is no good managers out there. Sherwood and Laundraup cant even get the qpr job.

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here, and I genuinely liked him, that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

This.

The personal insults to the man are also unnecessary! I want some credit for getting 20 people to.sign the Remove Paul Lambert petrtion too! Now watch us go sign glen Hoddle. Lol

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here and I genuinely liked him that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

this is my feelings too mark. Well put.

Correct. People who think Lambert getting the boot will change anything are sadly mistaken. This club has been brought to its knees by one man and im surprised we have stayed up as long as we have. Until we are shot of him we are going nowhere but downwards.

Will it change things completely? No.  Will it change an abysmal run of form over 20 games? Yes 

Thats all that matters right now.

How do you know it will change our run? I dont think it will because there is no good managers out there. Sherwood and Laundraup cant even get the qpr job.

The players are better than what they are currently showing.  I don't think we need a managerial genius to improve them from what lambert had them playing like.

So this is why I couldn't access VT.  I wish him well but thank feck for that.  

Bolden the squad around a new management team and let us get out of this mess.  Time now to reflect on the players:  The failure has gone.  Now it is up, to YOU. Time to play for what you earn.  Show some passion, keep us up and you'll be heroes.

Charlie Nicholas talking out his arse on SSN.

THought the same thing.

"When they spend money they pile it all on one or two positions"

Isn't it £40 million ish that Lambert spent on 20 odd players?

Â