Paul Lambert

limpid

I think Kozak played enough games to be judged. 4 goals in 15 games, some of those off the bench? And his performances were decent, I can't remember him having a stinker, unlike many of our other players. All in all not bad and compared to our other non Benteke strikers its good.

I think Kozak played enough games to be judged. 4 goals in 15 games, some of those off the bench? And his performances were decent, I can't remember him having a stinker, unlike many of our other players. All in all not bad and compared to our other non Benteke strikers its good.

He's a crap player who knows how to score. In other words he is Darren bent when he could score

• Like 1

Paul,

If you read this, please take note. You have a young star in the making within your remit, named Jack Grealish.

Firstly, you need to sort out a new contract, preferably with a buy-out clause that isn't a pittance and detracts any possible suitors.

Secondly, play the lad. He's untapped talent who shined above everyone else on the football pitch yesterday. Of course, you need to get our other players to pass to him which, if the last few seasons is anything to go by, won't be easy. But, this lad could be the difference for us so PLEASE use him and don't let him waste away and become disinterested by keeping him on the bench or rotting in the U21 side.

Thanks,

Villarocker

PS: He's a Villan too so he might just give a f**k!

Edited by villarocker

I Like Kozak - I he has the ability to score goals in a poor team - which suits us at the moment .....and his goal celebrations are top draw.

• Like 1

Lambert has had 3 pre-seasons now with this squad. He really should be stamping his "brand" of football onto the team now through training. I hope the standard of football improves this season and we're not so reliant on playing long balls to a target man. If that's how we're going to play this season then you have to question Lambert's training methods, specially with attacking movement. 

• Like 1

No doubt we will spend most of the season ahead debating results, peaks and troughs will be the order of the day and the standard of football being played will take a back seat against the results we muster.

results are just a disruption of opinion of what quality of football we are playing....

we win, we are playing well, we lose, we are playing badly is the general consensus, thats what years and years of watching this low grade of football has done to us.

our opinions are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.

....hope he proves me wrong, plays a little bit of keep ball, and morphs in to believable football, with a positive result at the end of a positive performance.

Edited by TRO

Lambert, please will you sort out Delph, Vlaar and Grealish's contracts THIS week?! If we have to go into a season, with the window still open and their contracts not sorted, I will be very, very disappointed in you.

• Like 3

Lambert, please will you sort out Delph, Vlaar and Grealish's contracts THIS week?! If we have to go into a season, with the window still open and their contracts not sorted, I will be very, very disappointed in you.

I think that's a ridiculous thing to get disappointed about - it's a lot more than just him involved here and he probably, as Jonah said, has very little if anything to do with contracts.

• Like 1

I think that's a ridiculous thing to get disappointed about - it's a lot more than just him involved here and he probably, as Jonah said, has very little if anything to do with contracts.

Totally agree.

Just to add a couple of points. Just because contracts haven't been signed doesn't mean talks haven't taken place or assurances been given. That isn't a hint that they have, its just an suggestion it could be the case.

But most importantly, we fixed deadline in which we can do our business in regards bringing players in and shifting players we don't want. It is in my entirely understandable for that to take priority over existing player contracts which theoretically can be agreed at any time and once the transfer window is shut.

But it should also be remembered that we no longer have Paul Faulkner and haven't as yet replaced him which you would have to imagine would have some impact somewhere on these sort of things.

Nursey saying Lambert is upbeat still...

Edit: Not sure what's ahppening with my copy / paste, but he's said it on Twitter, and he'll be on Talkshite talking about the Villa soon.

Edited by StanBalaban

In some ways I admire Lambert for sticking around but on the other hand I think he probably knows he isn't going to get a similar paid job elsewhere and it's very unlikely Lerner would ever sack him.

He has thick skin though because boy is he going to get some stick this season justified or not.

Â