Paul Lambert

limpid

In some ways I admire Lambert for sticking around but on the other hand I think he probably knows he isn't going to get a similar paid job elsewhere and it's very unlikely Lerner would ever sack him.

He has thick skin though because boy is he going to get some stick this season justified or not.

I think the vast majority of fans

are happy to give him another try. Don't let those who shout the loudest fool you. Results will dictate, as ever.

'Vast majority'!!! This is a joke, right ?

Maybe the vast majority on people on here.

I haven't forgotten the last 2 years of absolute shite.

The crap home performances, the lack of wins, the struggles to avoid relegation, the regular cup defeats by lower league opposition, record defeats, lack of tactics and lack of ideas.

Maybe the summer sunshine has bleached the memories of the 'vast majority'.

The only reason he is still in a job is because his boss is a coward, who expected to sell the club and let the new owners do the deed.

There is not another club in the country where he would have survived last season.

The sooner lambert is gone, the better.

Signed, the minority.

Not a joke. Neither was I expressing a personal opinion, so no need to get shitty with me pal.
what was that about shouting the loudest...?
  • Like 3

sometimes it takes longer than a month to build rome when you have no funds.

Lets see how he gets on this year. We wont sack him. So just get behind the side.

His presser said that Benteke and Kozak are a few weeks away.. so our squad is looking not too bad. Lets see how we go.

• Like 1

In some ways I admire Lambert for sticking around but on the other hand I think he probably knows he isn't going to get a similar paid job elsewhere and it's very unlikely Lerner would ever sack him.

He has thick skin though because boy is he going to get some stick this season justified or not.

I think the vast majority of fans

are happy to give him another try. Don't let those who shout the loudest fool you. Results will dictate, as ever.

'Vast majority'!!! This is a joke, right ?

Maybe the vast majority on people on here.

I haven't forgotten the last 2 years of absolute shite.

The crap home performances, the lack of wins, the struggles to avoid relegation, the regular cup defeats by lower league opposition, record defeats, lack of tactics and lack of ideas.

Maybe the summer sunshine has bleached the memories of the 'vast majority'.

The only reason he is still in a job is because his boss is a coward, who expected to sell the club and let the new owners do the deed.

There is not another club in the country where he would have survived last season.

The sooner lambert is gone, the better.

Signed, the minority.

Not a joke. Neither was I expressing a personal opinion, so no need to get shitty with me pal.

I am not your pal

I don't think any fan has forgotten or had their kind bleached by the sun it's just living and dealing with reality. You can moan all you like about last year and I'd say the 'vast majority' wanted Lambert gone but the fact is he hasn't. Now I'm sure the 'vast majority' want us to succeed and to do that Lambert has to do well and for that reason I think he'll be backed and it's the reason I back him. Ultimately results will be the deciding factor and if we are struggling I fully expect him to get sacked. I get the feeling some fans would rather we do badly just to get rid of Lambert. madness

I for one cannot wait to see the back of Lambert. Circumstances have been difficult in that funds have been limited that's all. Planning and tactics cost exactly the best part of **** all!

I would take Pulis in a heartbeat today!

Palace have actually spent less than we have so far this summer and have not renewed contracts for their best players? Sounds familar? Plus we don't know what was promised to Pulis when he joined 9 months ago.

As I said a lack of money is no excuse for the dire turgid rubbish we have been served up especially last year and hopefully when we eventually get a new owner he will provide us with a manager able to give us a product on this pitch that befitting of our proud and historic club!

• Like 2

I for one cannot wait to see the back of Lambert. Circumstances have been difficult in that funds have been limited that's all. Planning and tactics cost exactly the best part of **** all!

Palace have actually spent less than we have so far this summer and have not renewed contracts for their best players? Sounds familar? Plus we don't know what was promised to Pulis when he joined 9 months ago.

As I said a lack of money is no excuse for the dire turgid rubbish we have been served up especially last year and hopefully when we eventually get a new owner he will provide us with a manager able to give us a product on this pitch that befitting of our proud and historic club!

We all know what was promised to Pulis when he joined, a multi million pound bonus if he kept them up. He done the job, took the money and left them in the lurch a few days before the season started. A words removed trick.

He also signed Martin Kelly the day he resigned, messing with a young lads career. A words removed trick.

Also you are seriously saying you would take Pulis over Lambert?

He plays the worst football ever seen in this league, worse than Megson, worse than Fat Sam, worse than Joe Kinnear.

His record in the transfer market is worse than O'Neills, £12m on Crouch, £7m on Jones, Palcious £6m, Kitson £5m, Pennant, Jerome, Tuncay.  He never pushed Stoke on, he never developed their play, cheque book manager at best.

Pulis over Lambert. Laughable.

• Like 2

We all know what was promised to Pulis when he joined, a multi million pound bonus if he kept them up. He done the job, took the money and left them in the lurch a few days before the season started. A words removed trick.

He also signed Martin Kelly the day he resigned, messing with a young lads career. A words removed trick.

He plays the worst football ever seen in this league, worse than Megson, worse than Fat Sam, worse than Joe Kinnear.

His record in the transfer market is worse than O'Neills, £12m on Crouch, £7m on Jones, Palcious £6m, Kitson £5m, Pennant, Jerome, Tuncay.  He never pushed Stoke on, he never developed their play, cheque book manager at best.

In my opinion Lambert isn't worthy of cleaning Pulis boots. Lambert as a manager is about equal with Gary Megson or McLeish!

In my opinion Lambert isn't worthy of cleaning Pulis boots. Lambert as a manager is about equal with Gary Megson or McLeish!

When Pulis has 11 years of age on Lambert.

We will see if over the next 11 years Lambert can match Pulis' trophy cabinet.

EDIT : Tony Pulis as manager, do you actually watch football?

Edited by rodders0223

How is it then that despite all of the millions of pounds that Pulis spent over his 5 years in the PL with stoke Lambert was able to equal his record premier league points total in his first season in the league with a tinpot club like Norwich that were in League One two seasons earlier?

• Like 1

When Pulis has 11 years of age on Lambert.

We will see if over the next 11 years Lambert can match Pulis' trophy cabinet.

EDIT : Tony Pulis as manager, do you actually watch football?

No being a Villa fan for the last few seasons I have not had the pleasure of seeing much football being played by my club only rubbish turgid hoofball!

How is it then that despite all of the millions of pounds that Pulis spent over his 5 years in the PL with stoke Lambert was able to equal his record premier league points total in his first season in the league with a tinpot club like Norwich that were in League One two seasons earlier?

Begineers luck?? :crylaugh:  

Meh to that cap wearing prick

Id rather Lambert. He showed promise with Norwich. I am prepared to see how he goes this year as well.

As I said, it seems the "vast" (admittedly, that may be slightly hyperbolic) majority are. I know that opinion won't win me many pals, but there you go.

• Like 2

Â