Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Pelle - what kind of explanation would be acceptable? I'm just wondering. Maybe we wouldn't like the truth, so perhaps it's best if he does his taking on the pitch?

Heh, for some reason I got a picture of Jack Nicholson in my head. :P But of course you might be right. And him doing well will of course help to win him over. And honestly, I don't know what kind of an explanation, but maybe one that points out everton as the bad guys in this. :) Lured him there, knowing they were his first choice (no problem with that), just to turn their back on him and having wasted our time. Something like that, maybe. :)

Manure wont want Vlaar in January IMO. He has a limited shelf life and LVG will undoubtedly be looking longterm as he has already stated. I think concrete will sign his penultimate 2 or 3 contract with us before moving on to a European club.

As for TC,,,,well, he best get off to a good start with Villa or it wont be too long before he becomes an obvious target for the boo boys.....that may well work in our favour!

A loan is perfect imo, United were playing hard ball because they wanted the extra cash. He might fancy Everton more atm, but we have a year to convince him, and if he does shite, we've probably saved millions.

• Like 3

BBC reporting it's a loan until January. I'm not comfortable with that, personally, unless it comes with an option to buy. It should be a season long or not at all. Who is to say he won't just **** us off for Everton again in January?

As others have mentioned, maybe it's to get it through and we will buy in January.

• Like 1

BBC reporting it's a loan until January. I'm not comfortable with that, personally, unless it comes with an option to buy. It should be a season long or not at all. Who is to say he won't just **** us off for Everton again in January?

Then we buy someone else.

If Everton and Manu are fighting for top 4 - then I can't see him moving from Manu to Everton

Edited by smetrov

If its a loan until Jan id say there was a good reason for that. We probably will be buying him in that case.

That's a good point. It would have made sense, you would have thought, for us to go for a season-long loan. There are only two reasons I can think of, why we're going for 6 months.

1) Man Utd wanted the loan to be shorter, so he can put himself in the shop window, with a view to them selling him in Jan.

2) We think that loaning him for 6 months will convince him that we are a good option for him, and WE then will bid for him in January.

Either way, I'll be happy if a loan deal goes through.

Even if Everton will still be his preferred destination, him playing for us (and hopefully helping us to stay in the Top 10), will only improve our chances of landing him permanently.

Much like Everton with Barry/ Lukaku.

If he plays lots of games, the fans get on with him, and he feels like he's reignited his career, somewhat, he might then be happy to ask for £50k p/w, instead of the ridiculous amount he apparantly wanted.

Would he really want to move clubs mid season to just do another loan? 

Loan until January makes sense as United want to get some cash from selling him. We either get a permanent deal in place prior to then for him, or we get an extended loan to end of season (+ fee for United) or we have time to find a replacement. 

Is there not a rule saying that a player can only play for 2 clubs in any season?

If so, he has played for the Mancs, so if he comes to us until January, his only options are to stay here or go back there. This all points to a loan before buying in January IMO

Good point.

• Like 1

i'd make sure the contract said ' loan till january 1st then you sign a 4 year contract n we give manure money ' if its not guarenteed that hes gonna sign then he will just use us..considerin hrs out of contract next july i reckon its a commitment to buy

Edited by Villan81

Â