Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Be interesting to see where he ends up next season when his contract runs out. Someone will pay him £80k when no transfer fee involved.

I wouldn't be the slightest interested where he ends up, hopefully not with us.

If he doesn't get much game time for the rest of the season, he won't be getting anywhere near £80k, even as a free agent.

His agent has handled this terribly.

Best thing about this thread today is how half of ye are saying he wanted £80k a week!! Seriously guys we wouldn't have even wasted our time this late if he was asking for that. We would possibly have gone to 45k max for him per week. So if he asked for 80k there would be no negotiation.

I go in and ask for 80k a year and they say 40 is the best they can offer. The discussion ends there. 

I'd imagine it's actually 60k per week he wanted as has been reported. Inflated to 80k of course by angry emoitional Villa fans. :D

Seems that the wages he's been demanding has been the primary stumbling block for both Villa and Everton, so even if he is asking for 60/week, he and his agent are totally misreading the market for him.

Could it be that his club did not want to agree a loan with Everton when they had a permanent offer from us on the table?

Cleverley is the loser here in the long term. He had an opportunity to play regular football again, to show his current club they were wrong about him and to get into England consideration again.

He may have wanted to move to Everton for football reasons or because he did not want to move from the NW. But he may also have wanted to see out the last year of his contract so he could maximise what he gets in 12 months time from another club. He may also have not been prepared to look at a move to us unless we were prepared to make him an offer he could not refuse.

At this point I do not care what his reason was. He has made his decision and will have to live with it.    

I've just been told of by a mate of a mate of Cleverlys that he isnt for going anywhere. Take of that as you will.

If he cant get 60k now he will def get it end of season when he is on a free.

Always though that was an option for him - hes only young - and will get a better deal on a free next summer

Looks like Cleverly was messing around everyone. He had no intention of going anywhere other than a loan.

Best thing about this thread today is how half of ye are saying he wanted £80k a week!! Seriously guys we wouldn't have even wasted our time this late if he was asking for that. We would possibly have gone to 45k max for him per week. So if he asked for 80k there would be no negotiation.

I go in and ask for 80k a year and they say 40 is the best they can offer. The discussion ends there. 

I'd imagine it's actually 60k per week he wanted as has been reported. Inflated to 80k of course by angry emoitional Villa fans. :D

Seems that the wages he's been demanding has been the primary stumbling block for both Villa and Everton, so even if he is asking for 60/week, he and his agent are totally misreading the market for him.

According to Pat Murphy it was £80k a week, agent needs sacking

The deals been dead for a few hours now.

• Like 1

Could it be that his club did not want to agree a loan with Everton when they had a permanent offer from us on the table?

Cleverley is the loser here in the long term. He had an opportunity to play regular football again, to show his current club they were wrong about him and to get into England consideration again.

He may have wanted to move to Everton for football reasons or because he did not want to move from the NW. But he may also have wanted to see out the last year of his contract so he could maximise what he gets in 12 months time from another club. He may also have not been prepared to look at a move to us unless we were prepared to make him an offer he could not refuse.

At this point I do not care what his reason was. He has made his decision and will have to live with it.

Apparently Everton would have had him permanent but weren't willing to match our fee.

Apparently Everton would have had him permanent but weren't willing to match our fee.

Five Live were saying that the Everton deal was a season long loan, they couldn't afford to buy outright

Â