Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Hmmm not sure what is going on here. From the outside looking at the reports I am not keen to be doing this deal. However, I am old enough to have seen many things mis-reported over the years and don't always believe what news outlets report. So if he does turn up for us, I hope he does well and enjoys it here.

• Like 1

Anyone think Vlaar might be some sort of bargaining chip here.

Lets hypothesise, he sees his future at a more succesful club.

We loan Cleveley in exchange for them having first dibs on Vlaar come January. The fee they'd pay for Vlaar offset by the fee we'd pay for Cleverley.

Said it in the other thread. Unless we have a deal in place for when the loan ends this is a poor move.

Well don't think there is a possible deal in place, he's out of contract in June. Or do you mean that we've the option to agree to his 60k a week demands and a 4 year contract say at any point, which means we get him for free.

I'm sure United will charge us a loan fee on this of approx 2 mil.

I just hope we have something in place which doesn't see him going to a different team in January or at the end of the year.

It could be a loan deal till Jan and an agreed price with united to sign him then.

Allowing him to get a better move when he doesn't want to play for us seems a daft thing to do.

Loan deal on this one is certainly preferable in my eyes.

1. He does well and wants to stay - Great.

2. He does well and still wants to go - So what, **** him.

3. He does nothing - One less to try and offload.

Win win win.

Well with our previous loans we had Kyle Walker taking option 2 and Jenas taking Option 3 although he was injured most the time and we still had to pay his wages #facepalm

Bertrand - did OK, filled a need but not good enough that we wanted him back. I'll call that option 4.

4 centre mids are not enough. Cleverley would make 5.

I bet Ashley Westwood is not best pleased.

Westwood and Delph will be the first names on the teamsheet it is Richardson that should feel aggrieved got an assist the weekend and has played well doesn't deserve to be dropped on current form imo

I don't really like this atm if it happens. If it does I want a good explanation. However, if they're not up for getting competition for their places in the team, they're not up for it. Then they can go to another club with less competition in the lower leagues. I hope they think that if he's arrive it's all well and good, but he won't take my place. Give him a run for it.

• Like 1

Loan deal on this one is certainly preferable in my eyes.

1. He does well and wants to stay - Great.

2. He does well and still wants to go - So what, **** him.

3. He does nothing - One less to try and offload.

Win win win.

Well with our previous loans we had Kyle Walker taking option 2 and Jenas taking Option 3 although he was injured most the time and we still had to pay his wages #facepalm

If you buy a player and they get injured you still have to pay their wages so I don't get that point.

Anyone think Vlaar might be some sort of bargaining chip here.

Lets hypothesise, he sees his future at a more succesful club.

We loan Cleveley in exchange for them having first dibs on Vlaar come January. The fee they'd pay for Vlaar offset by the fee we'd pay for Cleverley.

Well, I guess that's possible. But it's based on pure speculation on your part.

What if us paying some of Cleverley's wages for a year is being used as a bargaining chip for us to sign Di Maria in january?

Westwood and Delph will be the first names on the teamsheet it is Richardson that should feel aggrieved got an assist the weekend and has played well doesn't deserve to be dropped on current form imo

I don't really like this atm if it happens. If it does I want a good explanation. However, if they're not up for getting competition for their places in the team, they're not up for it. Then they can go to another club with less competition in the lower leagues. I hope they think that if he's arrive it's all well and good, but he won't take my place. Give him a run for it.

Westwood's performances this season are worthy of a starting place - agree its Richardson who has been the weaker of the midfielders. But Lambert wants competition for places and that is healthy. Guaranteed starters can bring about complacency - therefore the players need to try their hardest to break into the team.

Any update on this Cleverley talk?

Reckon a lot of people will if it goes through more than 14 hours after the deadline.

Explanation? The obvious answer (guess) just seems to be: He wanted too much money from us, so Everton bid (on the assumption they later could knock the price down, probably so they could afford his wages), Man Utd then refused, the deal broke down, so we quickly put in a CHEEKY loan bid before the window shut. I would be happy if this happened.

Â