Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

If its a loan until Jan id say there was a good reason for that. We probably will be buying him in that case.

That's a good point. It would have made sense, you would have thought, for us to go for a season-long loan. There are only two reasons I can think of, why we're going for 6 months.

1) Man Utd wanted the loan to be shorter, so he can put himself in the shop window, with a view to them selling him in Jan.

2) We think that loaning him for 6 months will convince him that we are a good option for him, and WE then will bid for him in January.

Either way, I'll be happy if a loan deal goes through.

Even if Everton will still be his preferred destination, him playing for us (and hopefully helping us to stay in the Top 10), will only improve our chances of landing him permanently.

Much like Everton with Barry/ Lukaku.

If he plays lots of games, the fans get on with him, and he feels like he's reignited his career, somewhat, he might then be happy to ask for £50k p/w, instead of the ridiculous amount he apparantly wanted.

We're loaning him for 4 months. Basically because it gives us a replacement for KEA. Plus gives us time to either sort out a deal with him or find a replacement. It could also be best for Cleverly, he clearly wants to play football and prove he is worth the wages he demands. If he turns out to be Ace then by all means offer him improved terms as we've saved millions in transfer fees to begin with. 

It's a good compromise solution this to be honest. Cleverly will be out to prove a point, which can only benefit us in the next 4 months. Plus another very experienced premiership player in our squad. 

i'd make sure the contract said ' loan till january 1st then you sign a 4 year contract n we give manure money '

I'd make sure the contract said at the end "unless he is as shit as some people think, then you can have him back. And must give us £20m for Bent." :D

Wow wake up this morning to find out about this - can someone give me the low down? 

Man U are a 'big club' and dont want Cleverly anymore. They ran out of time to sell him, but that's OK, they can try again tomorrow.

• Like 3

Wow wake up this morning to find out about this - can someone give me the low down? 

It's something to do with Jennifer Lawrence and the dark web

Apparently 

Maybe we hacked the Man United Icloud and are now downloading him?

James Pearce         @Pearcesport Follow

Cleverley maybe going to Villa after all. Villa came back VERY late when Everton collapsed. Season loan if Premier League accept paperwork

James Pearce         @Pearcesport Follow

Cleverley was still at Carrington at 2am trying to get the deal across line. Timings very tight though. Ball now in Premier League court

John Percy         @John__Percy Follow

#avfc waiting for Premier League to agree Tom Cleverley's loan from #mufc, after late move last night. Would be loan until January if agreed

Edited by Daniel

loan is potentially a good signing since he is out of contract

as 

a. if he is shit we dont have to sign him permanent

b. he has a point to prove and has a great season and decides to stay and save us 8 million

c. he has a great season and moves on to another team which means at least we got a good season out of him and not costing us too much

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â