Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

SSN just confirmed he's signed and joins them on July 1st, if he plays for England then he does so classed as a villa player and puts us ahead of spurs again

until Eric Dier gets a hard earned call up ;)

SSN just confirmed he's signed and joins them on July 1st, if he plays for England then he does so classed as a villa player and puts us ahead of spurs again

Surely classified as a United player on loan

Would have like him to have stayed but lets be honest, we've survived the loss of far better players. 

Would have like him to have stayed but lets be honest, we've survived the loss of far better players.

This

I was thinking back to some of those midfielders we've had that were easily forgetful, sidwell, mccann, makoun, bakke, Bradley, Kinsella, reo Coker

Cleverley will slip right in there.

Shame really, I wish him all the best but I'm pretty disappointed. Tim completely revived this guys career, and now Everton can enjoy the benefits of that for absolute naff all.

Tough luck I guess, wonder who Tim will bring in instead (also means we'll be spending more money now, if we're allowed of course).

Very disappointed as we seem to have let him go without a whimper. OK maybe we did try but on the face of it it appears not as there was not a word coming out of VP. It also appears to be a complete about face from what he was saying a couple of weeks ago.

If he plays like he did under Lambert he's no loss but he is given how he played under Sherwood we could have done with him. I can't believe we have been outbid by Everton on wages, if we have that says volumes about Villa.

• Like 1

There is an opportunity for somebody else to take his spot, I think GG can do it.  :)

An unproven and very injury prone player who has never lived up to his hype. I really hope you are right.

I guess Everton offered him the better deal. 5 years is good for him at Everton and he will be one of their higher earners. He would have been here as well I would have imagine. He did well towards the second half of the season but certainly not irreplaceable.

A bit of a blow but I won't lose any sleep over it. Looks like a midfielder will be on the shopping list as well.

Trying my hardest to remember the first half of the season when he was awful.  I wish he'd done it vice versa but then again we might not have stayed up.  Not being able to compete with Everton (I'm assuming Tim tried to keep him) leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

Obviously didn't want to be here to start with so I give him credit for giving his all.  Seems like a confidence player and could easily revert back to his early season form under a different manager.  No guarantees Everton will get the Tom we've seen of late.

Â