Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Oh cheers tom. I hope we get a thank you  for restoring his waning career. I think the final shows his level- decentish but no where near a Milner type player.

He did get a lot of (somewhat deserved) shit from the fans as well. He was professional throughout and played a big part in us staying up, so good luck to him. The Everton move always looked on the cards. Our problem is trying to find an affordable replacement.

I actually wasnt! I just view it as pure numbers- 1 midfielder is gone, we would be smart at this point to retain all our young skilled midfielders.

If the ownership situation was settled he may have decided to stay, but theres too much uncertainty at Villa. Cant really blame him, cuz we might just do another relegation dance next season without serious investment.

Have we actually offered tom a contract plenty of talk everton are in discussions but have we made him a contract offer, I dont want us to break the bank for him wagewise but we must bear this in mind he is a freebie.

I hope he plays for Everton like he did for us earlier this season, the fans get on his back and he once again looks miles away from an England call-up!

Do I sound bitter? :D

I think he's taking for granted how well he fits here and works under Sherwood. Which you'd think he wouldn't, considering how much he was slated at Man Utd.

I like him, he's got fantastic energy and he covers an enormous amount of ground - his doing that was a big part in allowing Delph to push further forward. I think he'll be excellent in the same role at Everton if he goes there, he might be the best thing that's happened to Ross Barkley. I haven't given up on him signing for us and I'd be pleased if he did.

Tinker, are you suggesting he'll be on £40k a week? I'd have thought he'll be looking for double that.

• Like 1

Seems odd that only a week ago he stated he was happy here, playing good football and that his next move wouldn't be about money, more to do with being part of a cohesive team that could bring the best out of individuals. Guess this was before Everton made a formal offer. To be fair he's a northern lad so can see the attraction with Everton on a personal and family level. Hope to McGrath we have a plan in place. Keen to see what Gardener can do but would be foolish to consider him a direct replacement, he's a different player and one who is totally unproven in PL. Sherwood it's over to you.

Oh, and also, people should cut Richard some slack. He makes some bold statements yes and some of his posts can be construed as cryptic but things can change quickly in football and he obviously is privy to certain goings on at the club. Damned if he does , damned if he doesn't.

I like him, he's got fantastic energy and he covers an enormous amount of ground - his doing that was a big part in allowing Delph to push further forward. I think he'll be excellent in the same role at Everton if he goes there, he might be the best thing that's happened to Rosa Barkley. I haven't given up on him signing for us and I'd be pleased if he did.

Tinker, are you suggesting he'll be on £40k a week? I'd have thought he'll be looking for double that.

And that's why the Premier League is ridiculous. 80 grand a week for someone like Cleverley is madness.. 

• Like 1

Â