Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He'll cost them around 20m over the 5 years in wages and fees I would imagine. 

His wages would make him one of our highest earners if we were to match the offer from Everton.

The logic is that you build your team around your highest earners and best players. Is he good enough to be one of our highest earners/key players? For the next 5 years?

I personally don't think he is and would trust Tim if he thought their was better value else where.

If they get a Sherwood Cleverly then he's worth every penny, if they get a Lambert Cleverly or anything in between then he's a gamble. 

Edited by piav_k4

dont begrudge his decision, closer to home, good money and everton are a good club in a better position than we are

definitely maintain that their style of football isnt conducive to getting the best out of him though, we've seen both sides of him, think everton fans will see lambert's cleverley 

Depends what role Msrtinez sees him in I spose, if he's gone there then you'd assuem they've talked about it, so he'll probably be given freedom to play upfield. 

Shame we didn't get to see more of him with Delph and Westwood, the Sherwood version, but you can't be too upset given the factors villa4europe has just stated. 

• Like 1

Martinez is one person who knows how to get the best from Tom Cleverley. The whole Everton team didn't play to their ability or potential last season, if they play like they can he should fit in fine.

I was initially disappointed. But when you take a step back and look at the situation.

- He was very poor for 2/3 of his stay with us (along with many others)

- He had a really good spell over 10 or so games, but has since dropped off again in the last few matches.

- The central midfield, albeit one of our stronger areas, was by no means outstanding this season.

- I doubt any Villa fan thinks he's as good as Delph.

- He only plays well when he's running round like a Duracell bunny, which is impossible to achieve over a season anyway. 

- He would have been on massive wages as he was on a free.

- Even though he's free we'd have probably had to pay £3/4m to him as a signing on fee.

He would have been a good signing and i'm not trying to sound bitter but there are definitely much better CM's out there. He was never the sort of player who was going to shoot us up the league and i'm never confident which Cleverleys going to turn up from game to game. 

Onward and upwards. I'm sure his replacement will be a better and more creative player. 

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 2

To be fair Sherwood did too.

Never said he didn't?

I'm more pointing it out to the people who said he wouldn't be effective in how we play. Martinez knows him well and will have an idea how he wants him to fit in.

Going

It's attention seeking, wannabe ITK time again :(

Going

If you know something, say so, otherwise stop acting like you know something.

Bloody annoying!!

Got a whole summer of it to look forward to. 

Going

Bloody annoying!!

It's embarrassing

I said what I said and I said what I could.  No more

So it seems nailed on that Cleverley will join Everton according to the press.

Shame, who on earth are we going to bring in? 

It's going to be a long summer of us missing out on players. 

Going

Going

Bloody annoying!!

Got a whole summer of it to look forward to. 

Going

Bloody annoying!!

It's embarrassing

I said what I said and I said what I could.  No more

Wasn't rocket science though was it.

I'm sure 60/70% thought he was going to Everton 

It'll cost quite a bit of money to replace him with someone just as good and obviously that's money that could have been spent on the rest of the team had Cleverly decided to sign on with us. Any other time I don't think it would be such a bad thing but with the amount of work out team needs, to get him on a free would have been a big plus.

• Like 1

I wonder why he doesn't quote all the posts saying he's wrong when he says we're definitely relegated pretty much every year and is wrong.

LOL to that.

Tell you what with that I'll leave this site for the summer,  it's going to be a bumpy ride for us all I fear

I wonder why he doesn't quote all the posts saying he's wrong when he says we're definitely relegated pretty much every year and is wrong.

LOL to that.

Tell you what with that I'll leave this site for the summer, it's going to be a bumpy ride for us all I fear

Think it's abit too early to make that assumption. Alot can change from now and the first game of the season

It's the same thing over and over .

Apparent ITK gets shot down for giving info then threatens to leave due to abuse!?

Why can't people simply ignore ?

I don't know if Richards info in genuine or not but it know id rather hear some snippits of info wherever the info came from , than reading the same old crapp daily !

• Like 3

Â