Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I don't think he will to be honest. He is being reunited with a manager whom he previously excelled under and who clearly rates him. Everton are a better team. It's a sensible move on the face of it.

• Like 1

I think we'll hear about the FA Cup final loss for a few years more, and how things would have been a lot different had we won the game etc.

As he isn't an Everton player until 1st July do we still hold his registration in the event he plays for England now he's been called up ?

We've gone 1 behind Spurs be nice if we can draw level on a technicality

Just reading the everton forum it looks 50/50 none of them seem too excited and a large majority are pretty underwhelmed. Mind you they are offering him 50k a week which is **** madness he is no way worth those kind of wages and glad we let him go if that is what he wanted lets not forget for the majority of this season he had been shite to the point where one game he got boo'd off.

A little disappointed but not surprised really - Everton is probably a better fit for him and it's not like we were pinning all our hopes and dreams on him. Time to move on and find someone else.

I actually dislike Tom Cleverly more than I did before we got him. Not even an acknowledgement of gratitude for his time at Villa, which for the most part was utter cack until Sir Tim came along. He's just like the rest of them and I'm glad hes no longer on our team.

Sort of feel the same way myself. Six days after the FA Cup Final he's gone......Disrespectful IMO.

Understandable when he was mocked, booed and jeered by 90% of the stadium when having his bad spell rather than getting behind our own player. 

No one knows Cleverleys remit off Lambert and he was a different player under Sherwood so its pretty evident his instructions were different. 

He owe's us nothing, We owe him nothing so lets call it a draw.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I think a lot of people are more annoyed because less than a month ago he was quoted as saying he wanted to stay, and Villa should offer him a contract.

Now, is it Villa's fault that we haven't offered him a contract? Or have we offered him one but so did Everton? Or did Sherwood leave it and was planning to offer him the contract in the next week? Or did we just not offer him wages that were good enough for him? (the last one is my guess!)

I wonder how Sherwood feels about him signing for Everton, as him and Cleverley must have had some conversations around what we can offer him.

• Like 1

Sherwoods comments after the Everton game confirmed it for me. It was clear then that Everton were going to sign him. I doubt we even offered him a contract because we knew what Everton were offering him.

Not the greatest loss in the world but adds to the pressure of getting players in. Like Sunderland, we are going to need 6 who can hit the ground running. Given the salary we offer and out reputation as relegation battlers, it won't be easy.

I think we'll hear about the FA Cup final loss for a few years more, and how things would have been a lot different had we won the game etc.

Everything leads back to that Southampton game. I think that 3 minutes of madness has done immeasurable damage.

Going

It's attention seeking, wannabe ITK time again :(

Going

If you know something, say so, otherwise stop acting like you know something.

Bloody annoying!!

It's attention seeking, wannabe ITK time again :(

Got a whole summer of it to look forward to.

Going

If you know something, say so, otherwise stop acting like you know something.

Bloody annoying!!

It's embarrassing

I said what I said and I said what I could. No more

Well, you said "going", with the alternative being "staying". If I call heads, and it lands that way, it's not because I'm psychic - it was a simple 50/50 guess.

Given the noises coming from the club, and from the press, it looked more likely he was going so it wasn't difficult now, was it?

As he isn't an Everton player until 1st July do we still hold his registration in the event he plays for England now he's been called up ?

The credit would go to Manchester United.   We didn't get credit for Scott Carson's comedy appearance for England when he was on loan here and that was in the middle of the season. 

• Like 1

The credit would go to Manchester United.   We didn't get credit for Scott Carson's comedy appearance for England when he was on loan here and that was in the middle of the season. 

We probably should have done though as he was picked for the squad whilst playing for us.

Say if we had a player out on loan next season, lets say Gil for example, and he is having a blinder and gets called up for the Spain squad. There is no way we can claim to have had a part in the performances that got him that call up.

Â