Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He was the most hated player in England and was finally getting liked somewhere, he decides to not come to us and go to Everton, where the fans don't want him, making him again one of the most disliked players in England. Smart move. 
Sad that he did not come here, but he is not that good and is very replaceable + that he does not repay our faith in him tells us all we need to know about his personality, good luck and I sincerly hope you do allright. I honestly see this as a career ender for him. (Career as in he will no be a premier league player for much longer)  

It was always odds on, FWIW I liked TC even when he was playing badly he tried.

Time will tell but for me he has gone to one of the worst clubs possible for him. If he thought OT and VP was bad just wait until the Red envy start on him.

Good luck Tom as I think you will need it.

We are talking about a midfielder that scored 3 goals and got 0 assists in 37 games. that should not be difficult to replace.

You would think so and taken in isolation you'd think you had a great point.

But ,  he was at the run in one of our better players,  how many midfielders have we had that have scored more than 5 in the last few seasons and what assist rate have they got?  Simply it is a loss that we now have to fill and he was a good player to so more hard work for us to do with what little we have

Not sure if he'd be good enough to start in CM, but Bacuna's got a few goals in him.

I like the lad, but if we start the new season having to play Bacuna in midfield, then I'll be putting a hefty sum on us going down next season.  Not because he's especially bad, but because it'll mean that we've had another dreadful summer transfers wise.

• Like 1

We are talking about a midfielder that scored 3 goals and got 0 assists in 37 games. that should not be difficult to replace.

But ,  he was at the run in one of our better players,  how many midfielders have we had that have scored more than 5 in the last few seasons and what assist rate have they got?  Simply it is a loss that we now have to fill and he was a good player to so more hard work for us to do with what little we have

Sadly this is true, contribution from our midfielders is really pathetic. Which in my opinion means that all of them are not good enough (except maybe Delph). It should not be to hard to replace an average player with someone who is at least on the same performance level. 

If we could find a goal scoring midfielder or a playmaker to replace Cleverley it would paper over the lack of contribution from our other midfielders. Delph, Sanchez and Westwood can easily cover for his work rate. 

All our midfielders are to similar. 

Gil????

Sadly this is true, contribution from our midfielders is really pathetic. Which in my opinion means that all of them are not good enough (except maybe Delph). It should not be to hard to replace an average player with someone who is at least on the same performance level. 

If we could find a goal scoring midfielder or a playmaker to replace Cleverley it would paper over the lack of contribution from our other midfielders. Delph, Sanchez and Westwood can easily cover for his work rate. 

All our midfielders are to similar. 

Gil????

• Like 1

Big loss for us with the way he was playing bar the last three games.

This summer is going to be huge for us with Benteke also probably leaving. We better get it right.

Also the people who are afraid that he is the runner type midfield that he is the legs of the team and that we won't be able to replace him, mention one other team in England that has two runners (box to box) midfielder playing at the same time. Delph is better than him in every aspect and we still finished 17th with two of the hardest workers in the league, we don't need two similar players playing at the same time and just because a player runs a lot does not make him a good player, this allows us to move on and find a new midfielder that contributes in more ways and lets most of the running to Delph.

I think what we're left with is an 'opportunity' to change the way we play. Sherwood made the best of what he had and it worked pretty well for him - Cleverley, Delph and Westwood was a decent midfield in my opinion. 

For the manager, it at least allows him to go with his own way of playing. I'm disappointed to see Cleverley go, I think he's a good player, and we need good players. Hopefully we'll get another one.

• Like 1

Â