Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

funny how Martinez was arrogant enough to hang onto get him on a free

then again it sounded as though we could have paid to get his signature if we had wanted to, but rightly chose to wait.

the issue is we are likely to lose Benteke, Cleverly and Vlaar

Most of our experience and quality is leaving the club.

Thats quite a hole that Sherwood has to fill. Nothing against Cleverley. I think he's a decent player who at his best gives the team energy in midfied but technically he's not as good as Delph and his passing is nowhere near as good as westwood. 

He could've been ours if we wanted to part with £8m in January. Doubt we'd have paid £1m back then though given his performances up to that point.

Doubt he would've signed in January either.

He's gone, we remember his three goals and move on to better players that want to wear the club colours.

Good luck tom, joining Martinez is a big risk with Everton being pretty poor last seasonseason. Everton fans will be looking for something that I don't think you offer

We need a different type of player, a Gary Gardner type player

• Like 1

We are talking about a midfielder that scored 3 goals and got 0 assists in 37 games. that should not be difficult to replace.

You would think so and taken in isolation you'd think you had a great point.

But ,  he was at the run in one of our better players,  how many midfielders have we had that have scored more than 5 in the last few seasons and what assist rate have they got?  Simply it is a loss that we now have to fill and he was a good player to so more hard work for us to do with what little we have

3 goals and 0 assists isn't hard to beat in terms of output for a midfielder.

Bacuna and Delph bettered that last season, N'Zogbia the year before that, Albrighton and Petrov the year before, Young, Downing, Albrighton the year before.

Not a fan. Surely theres lots of CMs around who are better and not happy at their clubs.Maybe sherwood can use his connections and get a cm from spurs, theyve had lots of decent cms who might be on their way out . Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Carroll, Bentaleb, Mason , Stambouli . Surely 6 arent going to be very happy.

Daime from Hull City aint bad either.

There isn't much point pretending that all he did was bring us 3 goals. He brought us 3 vital goals, he worked his socks off and since Tim came in he honestly looked like the sort of player he was meant to become at United.

I guess deep down he doesn't owe us anything, I bet United must be pretty miffed though.

There isn't much point pretending that all he did was bring us 3 goals. He brought us 3 vital goals, he worked his socks off and since Tim came in he honestly looked like the sort of player he was meant to become at United.

I guess deep down he doesn't owe us anything, I bet United must be pretty miffed though.

I doubt it

• Like 2

2 vital goals ;)

I kept a watchful eye on him during the Burnley game, in which he played absolute gash! I know they all had a bad game that day but he was atrocious!  He's got that in his locker sadly, in less fast paced games where his hustle and bustle isn't really needed, he almost gets frustrated with himself that he's not good enough to do much else.

I'd have had him stay as i think there's games where he's vital, but there are plenty of hardworking athletic midfielders to be had.

Maybe, though he did say something to the tune of 'I've told him if he doesn't sign for us then he won't play in the FA Cup final.'

I imagine we offered him a deal but Everton either equalled it, offered more or he just decided he'd rather go there than stay here. Can't really blame him considering the state the club is in at the moment and the fact that we're in flux re: ownership.

I doubt it

I don't, not for a minute. Everton cost them £7m last summer when the transfer to us messed up, and still they have managed to sign him without paying United a penny.

He wanted to be at Everton in January its no surprise he ended up there tbh

He contributed to us remaining in the prem league and i appreciate the professionalism he showed while he was here he fought for the cause and could have easily not bothered and joined Everton in the summer regardless

Â