Tom Fox

Cracker1234

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Disagree. The nice thing to do was to allow him that chance. Most other teams would have binned him over the Summer in favour of someone who had much more experience.

It wasn't just the nice thing to do. He'd lifted the place and had some really impressive results. Plus he still had 3 years on his deal.

In hindsight it would have been the right thing to do, but a lot of fans felt positive pre season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

This team is not good enough and in addition to not being good enough they are lightweight in just about every department.

Spot on and a big part of why we are where we are,

I know it's not Rugby, but we lack physical presence everywhere on the pitch.

Clark one of our CBs today, Gana weighs 5 stone ringing wet... Westwood, Richardson,Veretout etc.

Even Gestede for a big bloke doesn't seem overly strong.

Delph is a good example of a smaller player who's tenacity means he gets away with it. These lot don't even have that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, piav_k4 said:

Spot on and a big part of why we are where we are,

I know it's not Rugby, but we lack physical presence everywhere on the pitch.

Clark one of our CBs today, Gana weighs 5 stone ringing wet... Westwood, Richardson,Veretout etc.

Even Gestede for a big bloke doesn't seem overly strong.

Delph is a good example of a smaller player who's tenacity means he gets away with it. These lot don't even have that.

Its been a particular worry for me for some time now.

We seem to keep walking in to the same mistakes every time.....don't get me wrong, I don't want a team of Basketball players, and we do need a balance ,but we have too many that are "shot shy" and lilly livered.

We need to be tough in duels and individual battles and be keen to enter in to them.....so many things in a game seem to remedy themselves from that....It gets the crowd going, who then get the players going, it become infectious.

We show the opposition fear right now.....and when we enter the transfer market, we need to be mindful of this.

Ps I would have signed Joey Barton in the Summer, until we could get the hardened players we really want.

• Like 1

I was buzzing when we appointed Fox, really thought he would push us to the next level.

How wrong I was. Randy has conceded, he's awful at this, that's why he's tried to sell and he's not been involved much...so he passes the day to day decisions to our boy Tom, who's make a right royal cock up of it. 2 managerial appointments, both of which are now looking a bit stupid. 

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To me everything he speaks off involves the back room of the club, the marketing, the facilities. I never really hear him talk about the players, the results, the manager. It just seems his priorities are anything but the results on the pitch.

His background is commercial in football, not making player or management choices. And so far it's not looking good for the non fantastic Mr Fox.

• Like 1

I think the very least we deserve is some answers.

He has already said that we are now building and Remi Garde will be with us in the championship next season.....(It seems the club have already resigned themselves to the fact)

We have barely crept in to the new year and just about everyone and his dog has accepted we are as good as down, baring a mathematical miracle.

Most observers of Villa's demise, chooses to see it as a long term decline and it may be fair to say that excluding "Nero" ( RL) There have been many incumbents that have contributed to an unprecedented period where Aston Villa have managed to negatively break  just about every record you wouldn't want to break.

Tom Fox is clear we are now building so with that in mind he must know what He has/wants to change(d)/ or what went wrong to be sure/confident that we are back on the road up.

I would like to know from Tom Fox in chronological order of events.....

Where has it all gone wrong? 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

In the position we're in, this clearing in the woods has the audacity to claim we're building something special.

I thought, idle rhetoric, but hey, benefit of the doubt and all that.....what substance has he to back that up.

He is so detached from the reality on the terraces.....If he is so sure, let HIM tell us, WHAT WENT WRONG.

Edited by TRO

Â