Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I can tell you really dislike him, my thoughts towards him have gome massively down hill.

But for me, I just can't put all the blame on Sherwood. This relegation has been coming for years, long before Sherwood was ever thought of. 

This summer, led by Tom Fox has just contributed to the issues we've had the last 4 years, in which we've barely escaped. 

• Like 1

I can tell you really dislike him, my thoughts towards him have gome massively down hill.

But for me, I just can't put all the blame on Sherwood. This relegation has been coming for years, long before Sherwood was ever thought of. 

This summer, led by Tom Fox has just contributed to the issues we've had the last 4 years, in which we've barely escaped. 

This summer was the ONLY summer in that time that we've made a concerted effort to sign quality footballers.

Fox could well be hung for appointing Sherwood, I'd understand that. But as you rightly allude to, we found ourselves in that position due to almost a decade of mismanagement.

Randy is the cancer. He's not consciously killing us, so I can't hate him for it. I wish he'd bloody do one though. Fox is trying his best to hold us together, but sometimes when making an omelet you accidentally get salmonella.

Excuse all the plum average metaphors!

• Like 2

Not sure I agree on Randy. I think he's consciously been more than happy for us to scrape survival these last few years and I really do dislike him. 

I don't think this is the only time. This summer doesn't seem much different to signing the likes of Benteke, Okore, vlaar, Helenius, KEA and a few others.  I think we've spent a little bit more this summer thanks to who we sold but it seems a very familiar scenario in that the players we bring in aren't good enough to push us up the table. 

• Like 1

Not sure I agree on Randy. I think he's consciously been more than happy for us to scrape survival these last few years and I really do dislike him. 

I don't think this is the only time. This summer doesn't seem much different to signing the likes of Benteke, Okore, vlaar, Helenius, KEA and a few others.  I think we've spent a little bit more this summer thanks to who we sold but it seems a very familiar scenario in that the players we bring in aren't good enough to push us up the table. 

You named 5 players signed over 2 different windows. We spent circa £45m this summer.

You might think that about these players, I don't. Particularly about Amavi, Ayew, Veretout, Richards and Gana. They're different class compared to KEA and **** Helenius.

That's our divide. I don't think we're going to get past it.

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You named 5 players signed over 2 different windows. We spent circa £45m this summer.

You might think that about these players, I don't. Particularly about Amavi, Ayew, Veretout, Richards and Gana. They're different class compared to KEA and **** Helenius.

That's our divide. I don't think we're going to get past it.

Unbelievable it's a major divide for me your statement !!!!!!! 

Sherwood kept us up in the league and took us to an FA Cup final. He was rightfully allowed to try and build on that in the summer. He couldn't have justifiably been sacked any sooner than he was IMO.

A lot of people were very happy with the transfer business in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, piav_k4 said:

Sherwood kept us up in the league and took us to an FA Cup final. He was rightfully allowed to try and build on that in the summer. He couldn't have justifiably been sacked any sooner than he was IMO.

A lot of people were very happy with the transfer business in the summer. 

Disagree. The nice thing to do was to allow him that chance. Most other teams would have binned him over the Summer in favour of someone who had much more experience.

On 12/24/2015 at 14:57, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I maintain that the problem has not been the quality of player purchased. In fact, I think they bought a decent enough blend of quality, experience and youth.

Unfortunately, they then had to hand those players over to an absolute butcher of a manager, a rocket polisher and a dinosaur, who in 3 short months managed to bury this club in a hole it is unlikely to drag itself from. Do not underestimate the effect his horrid mismanagement had. Remi Garde is still talking about fitness levels and how they're only just getting up to speed, it's **** Christmas.

Look at how Gana dropped off, he was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. Form and confidence still in the toilet, hopefully he will get there like others.

Ayew, Veretout, Amavi and Richards have been our best players. Adama has raw talent and I'm confident he'll get there. Gana has shown enough. What we have lacked is leadership and cohesion off the pitch. A plan. They were so far gone by the time Garde stepped in it has taken an age to get it back, but it's coming. Likely too late, but it's coming.

They massively failed on the Striker front I think. But to level the blame solely at the feet of the transfer team, including Sherwood in that part, is hyperbole.

I think you place far too much blame at the door of Sherwood and may forget the 2 games against Albion that he out witted Pulis.....just to pick out one positive week of his  tenure.

I am not a champion of Sherwood, He was inexperienced, but to allude that HE created so much mess that Remi will have his work cut out to rectify it....is Hyperbole with a bow ribbon around it.

This team is not good enough and in addition to not being good enough they are lightweight in just about every department.

Blimey, IF they adopted a Wimbledon policy and went around kicking and flooring everyone ( and taking suspensions in to account) they would have more points than we have now.

The stature of the team is not the only problem ,but it is a significant one and we have been signing small lightweight players in successive transfer windows for too long.

Its caught up with us.....God know who is going to sort this lot out......but to keep harping on about Sherwood, is ridiculous. He wasn't here long enough to cause the damage you imply.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â