Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I see zero waffle.

I'ts pretty clear and concise and he gives an example of an aspect of the role..?

Almstadt is a clown? I literally have no idea how people can make that judgement.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Didn't Faulkner used to be defended because no one knew the exact role he did?

Almstadt is part of the new approach we've gone for. He may not have a lot or responsibility but he's part of an organisation that is failing miserably. I don't know the exact day to day role he does but I do know, that like others, since he's involvement in the club things haven't got any better. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't Faulkner used to be defended because no one knew the exact role he did?

Almstadt is part of the new approach we've gone for. He may not have a lot or responsibility but he's part of an organisation that is failing miserably.

Still doesn't justify or give much reasoning for giving Almstadt abuse. He isn't a scout. Nor a CEO.

For all we know all he sorts is football logistics. Fox seems to say so. Physio hires, training ground logistics, plane tickets, bus tickets. Not sure you can blame him for anything without knowing what he does to be honest.

Tom explained that he has no responsibility for player acquisitions and that he performs a role here that is very similar to that which he did at Arsenal.

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Hendrik Almstadt as the Club's first ever Sporting Director. 

The 40-year old German joins the Club from Arsenal where he spent the last four years in the football department working with the chief executive and manager in the areas of technical scouting, data analytics, financial budgeting and contract management, the academy and athletic development.

OS

I was just pointing out the facts. The club has said (and Fox confirmed) that he does the same job he did at Arsenal, which the OS says includes players contracts and scouting. Ergo he is involved in the transfer process. That's all I wished to clarify. It's something we've not had properly organised till he was appointed, and it was a good thing to sort out.

• Like 4

The really frustrating thing is, that on paper this is exactly what we should be doing. I want this club to have this kind of set up and approach to transfers. 

The problem is, it's just been a complete **** up due to the people we've hired to implement it. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

OS

I was just pointing out the facts. The club has said (and Fox confirmed) that he does the same job he did at Arsenal, which the OS says includes players contracts and scouting. Ergo he is involved in the transfer process. That's all I wished to clarify. It's something we've not had properly organised till he was appointed, and it was a good thing to sort out.

The quote you quoted does say very similar to be fair so that may well exclude the scouting bit. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The really frustrating thing is, that on paper this is exactly what we should be doing. I want this club to have this kind of set up and approach to transfers. 

The problem is, it's just been a complete **** up due to the people we've hired to implement it. 

So you are judging Almstadt on the 6 months or so he has been here and in true villa talk fashion writing him off completely already. And even though you admit you don't know what his job role is, so have no idea if he is performing well or not. until we see the next set of accounts we can't fully judge Fox's impact on the commercial side. Hiring Sherwood backfired on him I'll agree but one bad appointment and he's shit at his job. Scouts won't get every player right but I think reily deserves credit for amavi, vertout, and ayew. Richards, Lescott and Bunn were know quantities and crespo was signed as cheap cover. Ilori I'll admit was a weird one but he played well in the summer and you can't legislate for injuries. But shall we write of Reilly as well.

We all  know your thoughts on Randy which are mostly right but to write off Fox Reilly and Almstadt so soon is just plain ridulous in my eyes. Give them time    To be fairly judged on facts not conjecture.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Hendrik Almstadt as the Club's first ever Sporting Director. 

The 40-year old German joins the Club from Arsenal where he spent the last four years in the football department working with the chief executive and manager in the areas of technical scouting, data analytics, financial budgeting and contract management, the academy and athletic development.

OS

The important word in that quote is `technical' scouting.

Edited by blandy
quote sorted

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So you are judging Almstadt on the 6 months or so he has been here and in true villa talk fashion writing him off completely already. And even though you admit you don't know what his job role is, so have no idea if he is performing well or not. until we see the next set of accounts we can't fully judge Fox's impact on the commercial side. Hiring Sherwood backfired on him I'll agree but one bad appointment and he's shit at his job. Scouts won't get every player right but I think reily deserves credit for amavi, vertout, and ayew. Richards, Lescott and Bunn were know quantities and crespo was signed as cheap cover. Ilori I'll admit was a weird one but he played well in the summer and you can't legislate for injuries. But shall we write of Reilly as well.

We all  know your thoughts on Randy which are mostly right but to write off Fox Reilly and Almstadt so soon is just plain ridulous in my eyes. Give them time    To be fairly judged on facts not conjecture.

I'm not writing him off. I'm saying their influence so far has not been good enough. What ever we've done so far has sent us down to the championship. 

Who gives a shit what happens with the commercial side when the club is relegated? Fox is CEO here, not just a marketing guy so to just judge him on one aspect seems pretty daft when he's role is clearly bigger now. 

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not writing him off. I'm saying their influence so far has not been good enough. What ever we've done so far has sent us down to the championship. 

Who gives a shit what happens with the commercial side when the club is relegated? Fox is CEO here, not just a marketing guy so to just judge him on one aspect seems pretty daft when he's role is clearly bigger now. 

I forgot he bought in the guy from the Baku games as commercial director so that's not his remit. 

The commercial side is very important, especially if we go down. Every £££ counts to make up for the loss in revenue surely you can see that? 

The problem is, it's just been a complete **** up due to the people we've hired to implement it 

Kinda sounds like you are writing  him off. 

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So if it is logical that Sherwood was sacked for recruiting bad players, isn't it logical that those who hired Sherwood should be sacked?

I think Sherwood was sacked because the club believe he'd signed good players and managed them very badly.

• Like 1

Â