Tom Fox

Cracker1234

On 12/29/2015 at 00:06, markavfc40 said:

I wonder what he is thinking at the moment. 

If we are to believe his claim we are now building.

Now is the time to show his LEADERSHIP and come out of the closet and say where we went wrong.

Then we may have a tad of trust in him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Just like every marketing person. They are the ultimate spoofers. 

I think I heard fox say we building something special? what a absolute idiot. Special getting relegated to the championship? A absolute PR disaster. idiot

Edited by Demitri_C

On 12/28/2015 at 21:35, AVFCAM said:

I was buzzing when we appointed Fox, really thought he would push us to the next level.

How wrong I was. Randy has conceded, he's awful at this, that's why he's tried to sell and he's not been involved much...so he passes the day to day decisions to our boy Tom, who's make a right royal cock up of it. 2 managerial appointments, both of which are now looking a bit stupid. 

you and many of us ,was high in expectation.

Randy's problem in appointing people he doesn't confide in people like HDE or Steve Stride (who I'm sure he has contact with) and go's it alone.....but he simply don't know people well enough, he is not the most gifted in terms of charisma so is unlikely to be socially invited to crucial events to mix and find out who' who in football.

IMO he simply relies on the recruitment process/interview, which only gives you so much, it doesn't give you some of the crucial stuff that is required for success. 

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It makes me angry when I here this prat say we are building something special. As I said the other day the guy is either totally deluded or taking the piss out of the fans. We are half way through the season and cut adrift at the foot of the table and he has the audacity to say we are building something special. You couldn't make it up could you.

Lets have a bit of honesty from the club. A bit of we got this, this and this wrong and a bit of holding up hands and saying I am partly responsible. The club have continually brushed things under the carpet by sacking managers and making them the scapegoats. No acceptance that they got things wrong. No acceptance that maybe the funds provided to the previous 3 managers were not enough to build competitive teams, no acceptance that those with an input to incoming players may alongside the manager have also got things wrong. Tom it seems is convinced that we have a decent squad of players. That the transfer policy over the summer was the right one. I'd hate to see how bad things would have been had we ended up with a poor squad and the transfer policy over the summer been the wrong one. I mean what a piss take. Two managers have been unable to get a win out of this mob for 17 games, two managers Fox chose, and yet this is a decent squad of players and we are building something special. I mean FFS. Things will never improve unless you can acknowledge and be honest that you have made mistakes in the past and given the shit Fox is spouting I don't expect things to improve any time soon for us.

spot on Mark

We need a full and intelligent response from him.....not soundbites that are baseless.

He's a marketing guy from arsenal who obviously had no involvement with football matters there and he's been tasked with running the football side of things since he's been here. We needed somebody with knowledge about football and not some marketing guru who's best attribute is talking shit and selling a product...

22 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It makes me angry when I hear this prat say we are building something special. As I said the other day the guy is either totally deluded or taking the piss out of the fans. We are half way through the season and cut adrift at the foot of the table and he has the audacity to say we are building something special. You couldn't make it up could you.

Lets have a bit of honesty from the club. A bit of we got this, this and this wrong and a bit of holding up hands and saying I am partly responsible. The club have continually brushed things under the carpet by sacking managers and making them the scapegoats. No acceptance that they got things wrong. No acceptance that maybe the funds provided to the previous 3 managers were not enough to build competitive teams, no acceptance that those with an input to incoming players may alongside the manager have also got things wrong. Tom it seems is convinced that we have a decent squad of players. That the transfer policy over the summer was the right one. I'd hate to see how bad things would have been had we ended up with a poor squad and the transfer policy over the summer been the wrong one. I mean what a piss take. Two managers have been unable to get a win out of this mob for 17 games, two managers Fox chose, and yet this is a decent squad of players and we are building something special. I mean FFS.

Things will never improve unless you can acknowledge and be honest that you have made mistakes in the past and given the shit Fox is spouting I don't expect things to improve any time soon for us.

Cant these idiots appoint you mark to the board. Jesus spot on and fox and his clowns should read this and bow their heads in shame for what they have put the fans through the last 12 months. They are a disgrace to this great club

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Socially useless profession that is the ultimate con game. No surprise that he's full of shit. 

....thats funny

I don't want to be the marketing anti-christ.....but I get your point.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

....thats funny

I don't want to be the marketing anti-christ.....but I get your point.

It's up there with IT project management. Talk crap, write a document or two and get someone who knows what they're doing to write the software.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It makes me angry when I hear this prat say we are building something special. As I said the other day the guy is either totally deluded or taking the piss out of the fans. We are half way through the season and cut adrift at the foot of the table and he has the audacity to say we are building something special. You couldn't make it up could you.

Lets have a bit of honesty from the club. A bit of we got this, this and this wrong and a bit of holding up hands and saying I am partly responsible. The club have continually brushed things under the carpet by sacking managers and making them the scapegoats. No acceptance that they got things wrong. No acceptance that maybe the funds provided to the previous 3 managers were not enough to build competitive teams, no acceptance that those with an input to incoming players may alongside the manager have also got things wrong. Tom it seems is convinced that we have a decent squad of players. That the transfer policy over the summer was the right one. I'd hate to see how bad things would have been had we ended up with a poor squad and the transfer policy over the summer been the wrong one. I mean what a piss take. Two managers have been unable to get a win out of this mob for 17 games, two managers Fox chose, and yet this is a decent squad of players and we are building something special. I mean FFS.

Things will never improve unless you can acknowledge and be honest that you have made mistakes in the past and given the shit Fox is spouting I don't expect things to improve any time soon for us.

For all of the bluster of forums like this (myself included), I have to say that this is a beautifully-crafted post. Thanks, Mark.

If you're googling what the fans think of the club and want, Mr. Fox, please read this.

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

An excellent post. I've said all along, those who refuse to acknowledge failures on big projects are guilty of the worst corporate malpractice, and are guaranteed to fail again. Tom Fox will continue to destroy this club for as long as he remains here, because he demonstrates not one ounce of introspection. 

• Like 1

Â