Tom Fox

Cracker1234

It is a shame he has been totally undermined by Krulak in the press.  The whole Randy decided to pull the trigger on Lambert rather spoils the narrative that it was Fox who made the decision.  It is the top 3 people in the club and they can't even get that story straight between them.

I have no problem with a guy who makes misleading statements to a journalist to support his under fire manager, although he must already have known he would probably be sacking Lambert shortly. That is the sort of person his job requires, someone who will do whatever is needed to succeed. His job is not meant for a nice guy.

If my opinion of Fox is correct, he will already have been looking at options anyway.

• Like 3

No one on this website knows him, let's face it.

Honestly, I'm just looking for anything positive about Fox because I wouldn't trust Lerner with a pair of bloody scissors.
Has bloody good hair

Haha, apart from the epic bald spot at the back?

Never seen him from behind.....

[emoji6]

• Like 2

Krulak is an absolute rocket polisher. Havent heard a word from him in 4 years, and he decides to rear his head and slam Lambert after hes been sacked. Embarrassing figure to be accociated with the club.

Indeed and when he/they knew the going was gonna get tough...he **** off.

Krulak is an absolute rocket polisher. Havent heard a word from him in 4 years, and he decides to rear his head and slam Lambert after hes been sacked. Embarrassing figure to be accociated with the club.

maybe he was really a french general ;)

• Like 1

I think he's a prick, but that's not entirely fair. He had outstayed his welcome.

Edit - let me rephrase that because that wasn't fair either. I think at times his comments make him seem like a massive prick.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

QPR turn Sherwood down and employ his assistant instead, so we are basically just picking up the scraps from that deal.  This all points to there being no plan in place when we sacked Lambert.  Awesome work on coach selection for our soccer franchise Tom dude...ffs 

Although I hope Fox does well and long-term he seems to have the credentials to at this club him and Randy are both culpable for delaying the removal of Lambert. This should have been done far earlier as can be seen by our precarious league position.

In terms of Krulak, although he went AWOL when things started going downhill on here I think his recent comments in relation to Lambert are pretty spot on. He tells you what he thinks and not in the filtered way you get from most directors.

I personally think it's been a very risky and dangerous game of cat and mouse by Lambert and the board. (This is my far fetched conspiracy theory by the way, it's not based on any ITK information!)

Lambert had a blazing row at the end of last season with Lerner and told Lerner to sack him. Lerner declined as he wasn't prepared to pay out compensation to Lambert, so Lambert to spite him signed the massive 4 year contract, purely to maximise compensation. Lmbert also decides to make a fist of the job and gets Roy Keane in to assist him, or could this have been a ploy from Fox to have a ready made contigency should Lambert resign as expected? Who knows! So Keano see's what's going on and decides to chuck his job in, with minimal resistance from Lambert (I did find this odd) and in turn Lambert challenges Lerner to sack him, which Lerner respectfully declines.

This culminates the start of the current poor run of form, the last 10 games.

The board fail to heed Lamberts request to employ whoever as his assistant, and maybe an attacking coach as well, to put Lambert under pressure. The board then publicly come out and back him in order to display that they are giving him all the support that he needs to succeed, speak of him in glowing terms and show that there's no chance of him getting sacked and getting his payout. This is all well and good until the team lose away to Hull on Tuesday night and play like a bunch of players who are trying to get the manager sacked, this coupled with the vociferous vocal dissaproval of how Lambert is managing the team actually forced Tom Fox's hand to take control of the situation, at this point spiralling out of control and do what needed to be done.

This is all my opinion and I'm not claiming to be privvy to a few things, but could this be the real scenario? It's an interesting spin anyway.

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 2

Â