Tom Fox

Cracker1234

To be fair I think Fox had many conversations with Lambert about his position and the results, which is maybe why there was no need for that one to one Lambert enquired. Nothing more could be said by Fox. 

I agree Lambert was managing like his end was nigh. It was just the fans he wanted to please, seemed to have lost interest what the board thought. The last game looked like he said to the players at half time do what you want, even Gil looked poor.

credit to Fox, previous managerial appointments have been a disaster Houllier and McLeish spring to mind. Whether Sherwood is the man is debateable but at least we didnt waste any more time on it

Not only did he not waste any time. Sherwood has been in Villa park a fair few times in the last 2 months or so. So the contingency plan that some pine for so much was alive and kicking.

Credit he has done it quickly - and we haven't embarrassed overselves in front of the media  !

Ive said numerous times before why didn't we make the chance November\December when Moyes/Pullis were available - thats my only real gripe... 

QPR turn Sherwood down and employ his assistant instead, so we are basically just picking up the scraps from that deal. This all points to there being no plan in place when we sacked Lambert. Awesome work on coach selection for our soccer franchise Tom dude...ffs

Absolute nonsense!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Not sure Fox is the kind of guy you would want to be mates with but probably the kind of guy you'd want to run your company.  My only concern is his lack of football knowledge.  I think with the Sherwood appointment, that has been shown.

• Like 2

Not sure Fox is the kind of guy you would want to be mates with but probably the kind of guy you'd want to run your company.  My only concern is his lack of football knowledge.  I think with the Sherwood appointment, that has been shown.

You may want him to run your company if your company isn't a football club!

I could have made this appointment......a guy out of work,no compensation required,don't interview anyone else......uninspiring......lacking in imagination......this is the level our once great club has stooped to!!! 

Cheers Tom.......you've earned your salary with this one!!!  :blink:

Ffs – Tom Fox spent 4+ years at Arsenal before he came to us – I think he picked up some sort of football knowledge there and made a pretty good job of what he was asked to do – prior to that he worked at senior management level with NBA Asia, Gatorade and PepsiCo. What sort of credentials would you look for in a CEO?

I feel far more confident with him involved in making appointment decisions than when it was Lerner and Faulkner. Who would you have gone for as manager who was either available, or likely to have given up an existing job? (Moyes was never coming to us after Man. U., and there were plenty of voices dreading the appointment of Pullis).

I don’t know if Sherwood will be right for us – and the truth is neither does anyone else at this stage. The appointment of a successful manager is always a peculiar mix of good fortune and serendipity. Even Alex Ferguson came perilously close to being dismissed in his early days with Man. Utd. and was not a popular choice with their fans in those days.

If you think Fox is such a waste of space who would you have had in his place – the thing that amazes me is that he wanted to come to us in the first place. But when he decided to move from Arsenal he chose to stay with football, and with us. I think he seriously wants to make a success of his time at Villa, and I think, given the status of his background, we should at least give him time.

i didn't think Sherwood was the right appointment but obviously Fox does and for some reason I have some blind faith in Fox

Big gamble by Fox this.

He will look like a tit if Sherwood absolutely bombs and we send him on his way with £2m plus in his back pocket.

Slightly concerned he'll have been won over with Sherwood talking miles above his station.

QPR turn Sherwood down and employ his assistant instead, so we are basically just picking up the scraps from that deal.  This all points to there being no plan in place when we sacked Lambert.  Awesome work on coach selection for our soccer franchise Tom dude...ffs 

Once again. Who would you have signed? 

I have yet to hear one answer from anyone. 

Â